AF Daily Friday 5 June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Friday 5 June

DG, I am no expert, but I think if you want to make tea, you have to dry the mint leaves first. I've never done it. I usually just put a fresh leaf in my ice tea or water.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

AF Daily Friday 5 June

I just got back from my doctor's. I had to get my yearly physical going... bloodwork/refill on prescriptions - all of that fun woman stuff.

Interestingly enough I was asking about the ban of Antabuse in Canada. He said it wasn't banned but the manufacturer here doesn't make it anymore. HOWEVER, he said that it can be made by a compounding pharmacist. I was on this two years ago; given by my previous doctor and it was a godsend in my sobriety. It totally took that option away of whether to drink of not either out of boredom, stress, or peer/family pressure. I really don't have tons of willpower to always say no. Sooo... even though it will cost more; I am going back on it!

Weeeeeeeee ha! He has given me a prescription for 30 days at 500mgs. Then we will assess how I react to it with the other medication I am on, and then continue usage or discontinue it.

I am so excited peeps! The person who wrote me from this site; who no longer posts said it was banned and I guess I should have consulted my doctor anyway.

So, a word of caution.... if you really need a tool that you think will benefit you in your sobriety; consult with your physician. Not everything you read is true. Always get correct information from a qualified professional so you have more weapons in your toolbox to beat this bastard.

Over and out! i am a very happy and relieved AFM today.

Comment

AF Daily Friday 5 June

Hey all

glad to be hearing about so many people enjoying their sleep. I personally have regular troubles sleeping, partly due to eczma effects and partly due to anxiety and nightmares (I have a nightmare almost every night). Speaking of this reminds me (stream of consciousness here xD) that the eczma issues are subsiding. I started usign a new cream two days ago and it is like a miracle cure, the redness has gone down and I hardly itch at all anymore I go for an allergy test in a few weeks also, so should finally find out whats causing this. Anywho, hope eveyrbody sleeps well once again, and enjoys their saturday

-TG
        The way I change the past is by not repeating it
        -James Hetfield, Metallica

Comment

AF Daily Friday 5 June

Hello again all. Many thanks for the mind ideas. Free Bird, I definitely need a recipe and very detailed instructions for any food item that is more than 2 syllables. For tomorrow with my friend I think I will put some leaves in with the greens for salad, and maybe try Dill's recipe which is right up my alley in terms of ease - some leaves in water. Maybe with some lemon too. That sounds totally refreshing!

Here is a recipe I found that I will make for another occassion as my friend is on a strict anti-candida / anti-fungal diet and so vinegar is out. Tomato Cucumber Salad with Mint - All Recipes

R2C that recipe sounds TO DIE for and I will make that one this summer.

Deter, I wish I had the culinary skill to think up recipes on the fly. That one sounds good and I'll be trying that this summer as well!

Wow - this should be called the happy to be hangover free and mint recipe bonus thread!

TG - glad to hear the exzema (sp) is clearing up for you. Have you tried eliminating some common dietary alergens such as gluten and / or sugar to see what happens? I seem to recall you saying that it was better when you were AF which could be related to either or both of those. At any rate...just happy it's better!

AFM thank you for sharing the story - good words of advice to consult the pros after all is said and done. I'm happy for you too that you have the tool back in your box!

Hello to all others from today and anyone yet to come. Anyone heard from Hula lately???

Ciao all. I'm off to report my exercise and then hit the sauna.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Friday 5 June

Greetings all,
            Loads of wild mint in my garden. I just throw heaps after tearing it, into boiling water, let it sit, and cool, pour through a strainer into a cup. Store rest in fridge.

Last call, go for it! Sending positive thoughts to you..........

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

AF Daily Friday 5 June

AFM, where there is a will there is a way, kudos!! I too found antabuse to be very helpful to firmly establish my 'off' switch. You sound wonderfully happy! love it!
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily Friday 5 June

Hello All AFreedom Riders!

I am still here, just doing other things more. Feeling good, no huge changes to note, but staying AF for now.

Will try to catch up over the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                X