• Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Monday - June 8th

Sausage, get well soon!
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Yes Sausage, hope you feel better real soon. Keep us posted.

I had to share my interpretation of Geenies "bed hair". All along ( and i read it more than once since others were commenting on it), I thought it meant stray doggie (and perhaps kitty) hairs stuck to your body from them sleeping with you? Now how blonde is that :-) And I can say that cause I am blonde (well mostly). Now I get it, it's about the messy hair on Greenies head! Duhhh!!!

R2C
      Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
      :h

Comment

:H Too funny, Ready!

Sausage, get well soon. I hope they sort it out quickly for you. Thanks for checking in and letting us know what is up.

Comment

What this demonstrates to me is that the voice in my head babbling on with "am I really addicted..." stuff is quite simply the addicted part of my brain trying to get a fix. It has nothing to do with reality. At all. At least due to the Nic experience I have a basis to know that AL is totally lying about me not being an addict, or somehow having become unaddicted.
          I believe that sums it up nicely. Thank you. You are an incredible writer!
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

ready2change;630832 wrote: I thought it meant stray doggie (and perhaps kitty) hairs stuck to your body from them sleeping with you? R2C
            Now THERE'S a visual!!! :H:H:H
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

This has been quite an entertaining thread for me this evening--except for Sausage being sick and your pc and brother dilemmas TG!

Thanks for all the puppy advice! R2C I do need a new kitchen floor......:H but, I left the kids in charge today and they didn't make him stay in the kitchen anyway. They tell me only one accident so they must have done a good job of taking him out. I like the paper idea and may end up resorting to that, but taking him out every couple of hours is the price I pay for skipping that step and trying to teach him he ONLY goes in the grass. Luckily I worked outside most of the day so I was able to stay awake.

My 14 (almost 15) year old son just drove himself to town for the first time. I can't begin to tell you how much this scares the absolute S#$T out of me. He is a good driver, but I can't help but worry excessively. He is suppose to call when he gets there (which he'll probably forget) and call before he leaves town (which he may or may not remember to do). It doesn't help that there was an article in the paper the other day about a family that lost their son in a car wreck (his brother was driving) ONE WEEK after their daughter was killed in another accident! All I can do is pray, and I've been doing a lot of that, believe me!

Until tomorrow.....:thanks:
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Ohhh, LVT, I hear you on your new driver. Here they don't drive alone until 16. My daughter is 20 and I still pray when I know she is on the road. I think on those first few drives, they are very careful. hope fully, you live somewhere where the guidelines for new drivers are really helpful. Where we are they are not allowed to have more than one passenger and have time limits.

Hang in there!

Comment

Hi all! Just a quick vote on the popular topic of potty training. LVT I too vote for the pain of going out every couple of hours and keeping it clear that peeing is ONLY outside. The other benefit is if you always go outside to the same area, that spot will mean "go potty" in the future which is helpful when you are in a hurry and need doggy to get the business done and not goof around. It also makes yard cleanup eaiser.

The tricks we have figured out re: whining to get out and play v. whining to go potty mainly relate to NOT doing fun stuff when puppy comes out of the crate until after the potty. It's all business up to that point. And especially at night - no fun stuff (petting cuddling, playing with toys). Of course praise for the potty but then right back to bed with no goofing around.

That's what we do anyway.

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                  X