WEEKLY AA THREAD - Week of June 15 - June 21st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WEEKLY AA THREAD - Week of June 15 - June 21st

Hi Everyone: I'm not sure how this 2009 thread got reupped. Anyhow, I'm glad it did. I read through most of it.

I'm still in AA going to meetings almost daily. I definitely get aggravated w/it & my fellow AAers sometimes. But that's just my character defects rearing their ugly heads. For the most part, I get what I need in AA in terms of staying sober. I had that one relapse in the summer of 2012, & I got right back onto the alcoholic merry-go-round as soon as I took my first sip. That has convinced me that I can never drink again.

I don't miss drinking. I see others drink at social events & know in my heart that I cannot drink like that. I always want more than I should have. So, I'm living wo/alcohol which means I'm living wo:
    -blackouts.
    -throwing up.
    -hangovers.
    -lying, deceit, & betrayal.
    -etc.

Drinking ceased to be fun for me many years before I stopped drinking. So, living sober is a wonderful novelty. I enjoy life so much more clear-headed & honest. What a concept!

I hope we can continue an AA thread, but when I tried to keep one going, it just petered out. There are no holds barred here. You can be critical or questioning of AA. The only rule is that we're kind to each other.

Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
    X