AF Daily - Monday - June 15, 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Up Up, the Sun is Up, the Bird is on the Wing!" Sleepy Afree-land today it seems...

Just finished reading yesterday's thread and I hope the stresses that grab hold of us and try to turn our direction let go any grip. Family members health is always concerning. DG, prayers for your Dad. I am sure your Dad is very glad to have you walking alongside his journey. At least you are closeby and can do that.

AllApologies, sorry to hear about all the stress of family mental health. Life is just plain hard much of the time and coping isn't as easy as the books seem to make it appear. After all, why are there so many self-help books?

I have been nursing my sick 14 yr old - this mother never relaxes when there is a fever in the house. Three days of fever and headache - it has my attention. We will see when he wakes if a visit to the doc is in the day's agenda.

I hope its a sunny AF start to the week for all. Will check back later.

Good Morning HG and thank you for starting today's thread.

I hope your son is on the mend quickly.

To all my other AF friends dealing with family issues, and omg there are so many here, I am sending hopes and prayers that things get better for all of you. You are all in my thoughts.

I am trying to hang in there today. I had a bad week last week and consciously (I hate to admit it but must face the truth) blew it.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Morning abbers!

Yes, those family issues.... they are hard. I do send all prayers of peace. I find I can't change some situations but if I can just be at peace with them........ That serenity prayer, it is a good one.

Cindi, hang on tight! There are a thousand people here rooting for you.

I've got ;something heavy weighing on me and really need to sort it out. I get so overanalytical about it I end up nowhere. I wish I could shut up my brain so I could hear my heart. Or maybe it's the other way around.

Have a hope filled day!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hey all
        Sending some good energy your way x
        KAYLA

Current attitude towards addiction: Why ask why? Just accept that it is, and go from there ...

Comment

Cinders - you only fail when you stop trying so keep at it!

Happy Monday morning to everyone! Off to the Dr's in a little bit to get an upper-back issue diagnosed. I'm pretty sure that it shouldn't feel like someone is plunging a knife into it every once and awhile!

Greenie - that 's a problem we tend to have, but I'll send good thoughts your way and hopefully things will sort themselves out for you.
          Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Happy Monday!

A real quick one from me this morning! I have two meetings. One in town and one out of town. One at 9am and one at 10:45am! I wonder if a speeding ticket is in my future??? LOL!

Everything is great here! Had a lovely weekend; majority of it spent outside.

Hugs to all that need them!

xoxo

Comment

Hi everyone

Spent all of yesterday at daughters pony show so have yet to catch up on the posts.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you who are having family/health issues. Had a 5.30 a.m. start yesterday and a 6.30 a.m. one this morning (stupidly arranged a coffee morning for neighbours last week, baking at 7 am!!!). Very tired but glad to be hungover free.

Once I get rid of the teens, will sit down and have some decent MWO time. Hope everyone has a good week.

Rustop

Comment

AAthlete--am I right--2 years AF today??!?!?? That is awesome! Thanks for sticking around here to offer your support and wisdom to others!:goodjob: :thanks:
                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

You're correct LVT and thanks. Thanks as well to everyone here - I love coming to this thread and feeding off all the positive sobriety vibes.
                  Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Yeah Happy 2 years AAthlete!!!!!!!! that's freaking fantastic bro.

GreenEyes, the way to quiet the mind is through meditation. it's a very valuable discipline. I hope you find some relief.

Cindi, please stay very close to us. Let us know whats on your mind ok? xxxxx

just playing catchup here as we unpack from camping.

be well everyone
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

AA once I had that knife in my back feeling and NOBODY could resolve it. I finally went to a man I fondly call "the snake doctor" - a naturopath of sorts and it was pesticide toxicicity. A few drops of snake juice gave instant relief. I had used a lot of DEET while on a recent vacation. When I say nobody, I have to admit I didn't go to an MD. I used chiropractic, massage, & accupuncture. Anyway, good luck with it.
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Thanks Greenie. Just got back from the physical therapist and it turns out that it is my levator scapulae muscle (he said it felt like a steel cable). They worked on it and blasted it with a stim treatment and it feels a little better but it will probably be several more visits before I am 100%.

Oh well - no one ever said trying to stay healthy was painless!

Comment

Aathlete, Congrats on two years!
                          Love and Peace,
                          Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Cindi: Good luck. Keep trying...remember MWO & AA. They are helping me, & I too have had plenty of relapses. Mary
                            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                            October 3, 2012

Comment

Wishing you the best Cindi! Hang in there.

AFM: My mums on anti-psychotic mood stabilisers now as apposed to prozac, but does still drink daily but not to excess. She blames the disorder and has no intention of stopping.

Not much to say today, thansk eveyrbody for your support

-TG
                              When I was a kid I thought I wanted all the things that I hadn't got, but I learned the hardest way

Time to get what I'm really looking for 17/03/10

Comment

Working...
                              X