Thank God I was in Control.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last nite after working a long weekend. A new Brazilian woman was hired who cannot speak a word of english started at my job, the manager was so upset he called me in to help out. God was i proud of myself i was not tippin the bottle and able to dress up and run out the door. It is these gifts of abliilty we receive, only to give in return from sober time.

YEAH!
    An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

iirene,

That is awesome. A real benefit of staying AF is that when things come up, we can actually DO them!!

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi, it is a nice feeling to be wanted and then able to perform without hesitation.
      I always grab an expresso on the way as it gets hectic, let alone a non-english speaking person running a customer centre. All went well and the manager had a smile face when i arrived and then left before closing. i is proud.

:goodjob:
      An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Comment

Why on earth did they hire someone that can't speak English? What do you do? They use to do the same thing at the retail store I worked at. What a PITA!
        Starting over again
        ray:

Comment

iirene, it's awesome you were Available when needed. The first time that happened for me was when one of our dogs got hurt late in the evening. Normally I would have been passed out cold and Mr. Doggy would have been left to make some key decisions and take action. It's awesome to be available when needed for any type of emergency - personal or professional at any time.

There is so much to be treasured about a sober life. Strength to you on this journey.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
          X