Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting tomorrow to try 30 days AF

:new:
    Just reached a point where I must do something, cannot handle not remembering the night before, the dread of facing people after I have fallen asleep at their parties, terrified to talk to family the morning after...it goes on. Any tips/help would be just great.

:thanks:

------------------------------------
    one hour at a time
    ------------------------------
    one hour at a time

Hi wine lover, sounds like you are at the end of your tether.

Not sure I am the best person to be giving advice because I've had a bumpy ride of it the last few months but I have found the hypno cds very useful. For me the sleep one seems to work the best.

That and coming here and telling people what is going on. It helps me to read what others are thinking and feeling, then I don't feel so alone.

Keep trying
    Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow - Einstein
    AF 8 June 2012

Comment

Wine Lover, i too am going to try a 30 day AF starting today as day 1. Lets keep talking to each other and checking in

Comment

Hi, WL, Cacky and Loppy,

I'm in!! I have to be. I have reached the end of my tether and it was a really long tether.

So, if you don't mind, I'll check in with you and we can prod each other on.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

best of luck to you all you can and will do anything you set your mind to
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

of course you are the est person

Thanks Loppy lugs I hate perfect people, we will keepin touch and help each other along :H

Loppy lugs;647965 wrote: Hi wine lover, sounds like you are at the end of your tether.

Not sure I am the best person to be giving advice because I've had a bumpy ride of it the last few months but I have found the hypno cds very useful. For me the sleep one seems to work the best.

That and coming here and telling people what is going on. It helps me to read what others are thinking and feeling, then I don't feel so alone.

Keep trying
            one hour at a time

Comment

Thanks

cacky;647972 wrote: Wine Lover, i too am going to try a 30 day AF starting today as day 1. Lets keep talking to each other and checking in
              read your threads feel we could be of great help to each other, but I am a lot older than you :H
              one hour at a time

Comment

the night before

As you know I'm starting tomorrow, just in from pub, at least it was with critical daughter, who is very proud of my decision, she takes a few at the weekend, but is very intolerant of me during the week, so I realy really want to prove to her I can do it, she has given me my first beauthiful grandaughter after the loss of a wonderful husband on Valentines Day 2005.

Thanks for encouragement, please keep it coming I am very weak, but respond very well to people like myself. LOL to all you have responded to me today, again any advice/tips very welcome.

Tomorrow will be a huge challenge, so please help. LOL.:thanks:
                one hour at a time

Comment

tHANKS

tlrgs;647985 wrote: best of luck to you all you can and will do anything you set your mind to
                  Thanks tigrs any advice would be soooo welcome.

tomorow it starts :new:
                  one hour at a time

Comment

check in

Cinders;647975 wrote: Hi, WL, Cacky and Loppy,

I'm in!! I have to be. I have reached the end of my tether and it was a really long tether.

Cindi
                    Please check in any time, i need people like you LOL I'm not young...but need to change..and young at Heart :h
                    one hour at a time

Comment

Please do

Cinders;647975 wrote: Hi, WL, Cacky and Loppy,

Cindi
                      We all need each other LOL
                      one hour at a time

Comment

wine lover;648056 wrote: As you know I'm starting tomorrow, just in from pub, at least it was with critical daughter, who is very proud of my decision, she takes a few at the weekend, but is very intolerant of me during the week, so I realy really want to prove to her I can do it, she has given me my first beauthiful grandaughter after the loss of a wonderful husband on Valentines Day 2005.

Thanks for encouragement, please keep it coming I am very weak, but respond very well to people like yourselves (sorry got that wrong last night must have been the vino !!! yet again :H). LOL to all you have responded to me today, again any advice/tips very welcome.

Tomorrow will be a huge challenge, so please help. LOL.:thanks:
                        ------------------------------------

one hour at a time
                        one hour at a time

Comment

WL,

I am still with you today. It has been a while since I have done 30 days. I am determined to do it this time.

Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

First ever... yikes!

Just joined and have never blogged here before. I am a Canadian Wine Lover. We make our own, it's delicious and I am a little person who drinks wine like a man. I have tried a 30 day absinence often with no success. I am in with you guys but I really need encouragement. Just reading your chatter back and forth is very helpful. Today is the first day and my first day of vacation in July is my last day. Hopefully, I'll have made myself proud and will be able to be moderate on vacation. Yay for us!!:new:
                            Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                            ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

I too am little and drink wine like a man only even faster, I drink it like water and then feel sleepy and block out the world, lets hope we all get through the next 30 days AF.

Good luck to all and thanks for feedback.

---------------------------------------------

one hour at a time
                              one hour at a time

Comment

Working...
                              X