Starting tomorrow to try 30 days AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you don't know me you might be suprised that i am so rubbish at sharing my bad feelings..

Tomorrow is my first day at the shrink and I am a tad (English understatement) worried.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow - Einstein
    AF 8 June 2012

Comment

Hi guys. So far I am doing great. Have stayed busy with work all day and once hubby is home, no way I can drink.

So, I believe I shall actually complete day 3 today!!

How is everyone else doing?

Oh, and Loppy, good to see you here. I know about the trepidation on seeing counselors and shrinks, etc. But I have done it and so can you. Are you going to jump in with us for a 30 day AF?

I really need to get to 30 days. I seem to be able to get through 5 days or so and then blow it. My psyche really needs to know I can go AF for 30 days.

I have to get to AF forever but a 30 stint will sure make me happy!!

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi all,

Yes I am in for 30 days AF. In the past I have been able to get some sober time under my belt by using antabuse but the side effects got so bad that I really can't use it for more than a day at a time.

Feel a bit intimidated by it all at the moment. Can't carry on with the drinking but more than a little bit scared of a life all full of emotions where everything is real.

30 days seems like an achievable target at the moment.

Take care all
        Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow - Einstein
        AF 8 June 2012

Comment

Hi to you all, Northwoods here. Been gone for awhile trying to figure out how serious I am about getting AF. I have decided I am serious, I really want to do it this time. Today marks the first week of AF for me in so long I can't remember. Tomorrow I start week 2. Holiday coming up, friends and family coming. Everyone drinks. It will be my greatest challenge. Not sure, but I am willing to try to jump in with the group for a 30 day run. Let's all pull together and make it happen.
          If you want change to happen, you have to change yourself.

Comment

Day 2

How is everybody doing, although I have only reached day 2, I feel much more positive.

--------------------------------

one hour at a time
            ------------------------------
            one hour at a time

Comment

:yougo: wine lover and all others with the 30 day goal. WL I just now read this thread from the first post and can so relate to all the issues you described that put you out there at the end of your tether. It's hard to quit but it's so worth it. Since you asked for suggestions, I highly recommend the "Toolbox" thread which is "stickied" at the top of this Monthly Abstinence section. There are lots and lots of ideas in there - I hope you find something helpful.

Congratulations on Day 2! Like your siggy line says - one day at a time. If I can do it, you can do it too.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Tool Box

Thanks Doggygirl, I was wondering how to access Tool Box and thanks to you have now done so. I know I will find it very useful :goodjob:

--------------------------------------------
                one hour at a time
                ------------------------------
                one hour at a time

Comment

Working...
                X