AF Daily - Tuesday, June 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, abbers! Since I am happily hang-over free, I have the energy to start this thread today! I haven't got much to say, though, so I thought I would share this passage. I hope you all have a good, af day!

The Final Analysis
    People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered.
    Forgive them anyway.
    If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish or ulterior motives.
    Be kind anyway.
    If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies.
    Succeed anyway.
    If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you.
    Be honest and frank anyway.
    What you spend years building, someone may destroy overnight.
    Build anyway.
    If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous.
    Be happy anyway.
    The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow.
    Do good anyway.
    Give the world the best you have and it may just not be enough.
    Give the world the best you have anyway.
    You see, in the final analysis, it's all between you and God.
    It was never between you and them anyway!

Mother Teresa
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Starting day 3 of AF. What a lovely passage from Mother Teresa to wake up to and start my day. thank you!
    AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

Good morning, my dear friends!

That was beautiful, Dill. Thank you for sharing that.

Good for you, Mstall! Stay close to us this week. Let us know if you need anything!!

I didn't sleep well last night. I have been waking up the last 5 nights at 4am with a stomach pain. I also have them during the day about every four hours. It seems like I get them when my stomach is empty. I had an ulcer in my twenties, and a lot of intestinal issues since ( three surgeries ). Now, I did eat a steak that I was a bit suspicious of the night before all this started, so I thought it was that, but to last this long? I am going to eat very cautiously today, and if it still doesn't go away I will go to the docs. I'm really tired of all this gastric-intestinal crap!

OK, enough whining.. It is gorgeous out this morning! I am headed back to work after a lovely 3-day weekend. It is going to be absolutely crazy from here on out. I live in a resort area frequented by the rich and famous. A lot of demanding clients and long days for the next two months. I have hired two more people for this summer, so hopefully I can take some pressure off me. But, I have to say I love it. I love my crazy part-time clients. They live in a different universe!! It is hysterical and I am sure I will have lots of funny stories to share.

Well, I'm up, so I may as well go for a hike. Off I go..

Have a fabulous day everyone!!

MM
      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Dill, that is exactly what I needed to hear this morning - thanks for posting it. Funny sometimes how we think we have nothing to say yet we end up helping someone else anyway!

I think I was a little down because someone doesn't value my input as much as I think they should. Dill's quote helped remind me that other people aren't perfect either and have their own faults, and that as long as I am honest and open with the people around me (as well as my friends at MWO) then I am most likely doing okay and then have to simply let the chips fall where they may.

So I will continue searching for serenity and happiness, and hope everyone has a great Tuesday! My last day at work this week - then on vacation until next Monday!

EDIT: MM - first of all I am jealous that you are off for a hike, and second please get that checked out by a doc. The longer you leave it the worse it could get (God I sound like my mother)...
        Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Dill,

Thank you for the quote. It is a reminder to live life right no matter what others around us are doing or thinking. A great meditation for this morning.

Mstall,

You are doing awesome. Stick with us.

MM,

They have finally realized that many ulcers are caused by a bacteria. I can't remember the name of it. But you take a simple test where you breathe into a bag and they can determine if that is the cause. A simple course of antibiotics will clear it up. In my case, I have a scar from my gastric bypass that stays irritated if I don't take Nexium. The Nexium is one of the few drugs I take that actually works. Hope you feel better. :l

AA,

I used to get so irritated when my children don't listen to my advice. Now, I realize that all I can do is put it out there and it is up to them to choose what to do with it. Life is much more pleasant that way. (Of course, when they choose to ignore and the inevitable happens, I NEVER say "I told you so..." :H)

I am doing great right now. The Baclofen is making me a little tired but the dose I am at seems to really help with my mental desire to drink. For me, this is an amazing occurrence. But, I still need to work on just the daily living stresses and triggers. For that I use MWO and AA. Thank you all for being here.

Hope all have a great AF day!!

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Good morning!

I have to run this morning. Little AFM and her daycare are going to the beach this morning. Must get ready...

I will catch up with the posts later on.

Have a great day everyone! xoxo

Comment

Words from Mother Teresa are just what I needed today, thanks Dill.

Hello Mstall and welcome! Great job on your 3 days, keep going!

Cindi, glad to hear your current plan is working for you. Keep trying to identify & isolate those triggers. I had to blow a few things & people entirely out of my life, but it's been worth it!

Hope everyone has a fulfilling day!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Dill - Thanks for the great passage. I needed that.

Cindi - glad things are working out for you. Hang in there, you've made a lot of progress and you can overcome the triggers.

I was up at 4:30am to take my brother to the airport. We had a nice visit - good bike rides, swimming etc. Too much ice cream and pie!

I get aggravated with my brother because he doesn't do enough with his talents as an artist and I wish he would travel more. Yet I envy him for his simple life. I'm about to sit down and list all the things I like to do and see what I can eliminate. I wish I could eliminate the day job! But that's not possible yet.

I haven't finished Emotional Alchemy or been able to focus on the techniques. I have no trips planned for the remainder of the summer and I will hone down my To Do List and finish the book. I worry I will do too much and 'reward' myself with AL.

Comment

Happy Tuesday ABers far and wide!!!!

what a great start Dill, thanks for that. I've never read that piece before.

Mstall, big welcome and congrats on your AF time. in a couple days you'll be feeling like a new person.

well I radically changed my nutritional supplement regime yesterday and for my efforts I was on the pot until 1 this morning. ugh! stomach seems to be settled now thankfully. did get in a kickass workout last night though, and then chat last night was wonderful and fun.

Speedster, I'm sure you can think of some wonderful healthy things to reward yourself with. If you need some ideas just say the word!

be well everyone
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hello everyone! Oh I have missed my MWO time recently - it's been way too brief to non-existent.

Dill, thank you for starting us off today with such a beautiful message. I am definitely guilty of worrying way to much about what other people do think / might think and allowing that to either add stress to my life, affect my decisions for the worse, or both. What a great reminder to just concentrate on doing what is right as best we can, and as AA said letting the chips fall where they may. Thank you!!!

Welcome Mstall and congratulations on Day 3 AF. Those first days can be a real challenge. Keep hangin' in there and don't give in!!

Speedster I can relate to Brother Aggravation in general. I am working really hard to ALWAYS remember that my brother's life and choices are his to make - not mine to make. (Come on now - wouldn't the world just be a much better place if everyone would just see the light and do it MY way??????? ) It's hard though!!! It sounds like you have been very busy and are looking forward to a lighter schedule with more time to focus on your own stuff. I can relate to that as well! Give a belly rub to the little 4-legged speedster from me OK?

Hi Lavande and AFM!

Cinders, that is AWESOME news about the Baclo...forgot the rest of it but so glad it's helping you!!! Never give up.

AA - Do you have something exciting planned for your vacation? Whatever you are doing I hope you and your family have a very nice time. Amen on the quest for serenity and happiness. I have just enough of that to make me realize I want more of it!

MM it is so nice to have you back with us. I can't wait for some good stories!! Mean time, if your tummy isn't better soon please do have it checked out. I bet your hike was gorgeous!

The little project pictured below has been keeping me quite busy, but is also important to my sanity..

I also love the new gym and fitness program - that helps immensely with my sanity as well!

The Dad visit at the nursing home on Sunday was rather sad. He is already so miserable in his situation, and on top of that he had a really bad cold and diahrea (sp). When you are in a wheel chair and move slow and need a lot of help getting up and down, diahrea is not what you want to have going on. My heart was breaking for him. I so hope the upcoming surgery somehow gives him back some quality of life once he is able to recover. He seems like such a tortured soul right now and nobody deserves to live like that.

Through it all, I am extremely grateful that the obsession to drink seems nowhere in sight right now. I will enjoy today without the desire for AL's company.

(Instead I will think of Johnny Depp, who I KNOW wants me, as I was hearing about his new movie from my PT this morning.....but now I digress.... where is the dirty old lady smilie!)

Have a wonderful day one and all!

ETA: Hi Deter!! I am interested to know more about your supplement plan, assuming it doesn't keep you on the pot forever.... Gotta love a feeling of kickass at the gym. I think I'm starting to enjoy just a small taste of it, and I like it!

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Everyone: I feel I've been remiss about posting here. I'm doing fine, but time & energy are finite. I'm glad to be here now though. DG, your garden is lovely. The produce you get from it will taste extra, extra great...it's home-grown & the freshest of the fresh.

It's great to see new posters here. Keep coming if you want to get sober. This is the place that woke me up to the problem that AL was in my life. Without MWO, I'd still be in deep denial. "Who me? I don't have a problem. I'm not homeless, haven't lost job & family, didn't go to jail, blah, blah, blah." It's amazing the stories we tell ourselves in order to continue pouring poison into our systems.

Mary
                      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

Thank you Dill for the passage you posted, it really helped me in my current frame of mind and I shall think on it a little longer no doubt.

DG; you ahve a wonderful garden, you must be very proud of it!

and as for me: I'm sober again tonight (and am hoping to manage at least two or three days) and am starting to wake up to the need to establish myself as an individual, rather than definign myself through relationships not just with people, but with places and of course AL. It may seem odd to find that I define myself in this way, but when as a person you cannot clearly state who yourself may be, it becomes much easier to define oneself through bad and not good. Well now (with a little inspiration) I shall try and spend a little time each day finding myself on my own terms. After all, as a wise person once said to me 'we never have to feel so lonely if we are comfortable in our own skin first.'

-TG
                        When I was a kid I thought I wanted all the things that I hadn't got, but I learned the hardest way

Time to get what I'm really looking for 17/03/10

Comment

DG - love the garden photo! I'm enjoying my own garden and watching sunlight patterns on a section of the yard where I'd like to expand. Sorry about your Dad. I hope the surgery improves the quality of his life. It's heart breaking.

Mary - good to hear from you! I think of your posts when I start to over-book my days and try to slow it down. Thanks for the reminder about the lies we tell ourselves to rationalize drinking.

Comment

TG - we cross-posted. You've gained a lot of awareness in a short time and have a long life ahead. Keep learning and growing in positive ways. Stick with the creative side, you're fortunate to have an ear for music and can write. You did 30+ days AF and you can do that and more!

Comment

Hello all, well it's way past morning and I've been feeling pretty droopy - AF three days, not a super big deal, the big deal will come when I'm BORED or very stressed and/or have access to lots of wine I don't have to pay for - party or somesuch. Good thing I barely have a social life and strangely few friends who are drinkers. Also a good thing that summer in my area makes my drink of choice less appealing. Anywaaay...got a massage and some acupuncture this week and have been decompressing before returning to school for the summer quarter!
                              Love,
                              TOMgrrl

:new:

Comment

Working...
                              X