Day 11 and feelin' fine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 11 and feelin' fine!

I am starting to come out of the fog and see the beauty in being alcohol free. I am still pretty tired, but I keep reminding myself that my body is in healing mode. It really is doing double duty right now! In addition to mending my mind and soul, I am recooperating from a cracked rib. Maybe that is what has kept me out of trouble..:H

Anyway, I just wanted to say to anyone struggling with those first few day, this is around the mark where you start seeing the clearing of the clouds and the sunlight that is behind them. The first few weeks are so hard, but we have to remember to take it very slow - seriously one day at a time, and time will build on it's own. I read MOW's post and it defiantely put some wind behind my sails. I cannot wait to hit the 6-month mark. Thank you MOW!

I am starting to feel in control again. I have not given much thought to AL one way or another this past 11 days. I have just kept my self busy, and completely stayed away from any situation where AL is present. I will continue to do this for as long as it takes for me to feel confident. I am supposed to go to a big fund raiser gala on Thursday. It's a once a year event to raise money for domestic violence. I have a silent auction item to give away, a fabulous dress, etc., but I have cancelled. I am sad, but I know this event and I am just not ready. This is how serious I am about protecting my sobriety. It will be there next year and I am hoping to be the sober bell of the ball. These things will all be there.. my sobriety is all that matters right now.

Thank you all for your support since I have been back. I truly couldn't have done it without you. I tried.. no offence:H

Have a fabulous day!!

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Day 11 and feelin' fine!

You are doing great, MM! Way to go!

Comment

Day 11 and feelin' fine!

This is how serious I am about protecting my sobriety. It will be there next year and I am hoping to be the sober bell of the ball. These things will all be there.. my sobriety is all that matters right now.
      Way to go, MM. :l

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Day 11 and feelin' fine!

You are right about taking it ODAT. The days will accumulate on their own! I'm glad you have come back. Your posts have been very helpful to me!
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Day 11 and feelin' fine!

This is how serious I am about protecting my sobriety. It will be there next year and I am hoping to be the sober bell of the ball. These things will all be there.. my sobriety is all that matters right now.
          All I can say is :yougo::yougo::yougo::yougo::yougo::yougo:!!!!!!!

IMO, that's what it takes. You will never be sorry.

DG

Politely requesting hot male cheerleader smilies and and upgrade to the 6 smilie quota
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
          X