a common thread to link us today, July 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We all have many activities and many of them will include being at least close to AL. There are times when just the thought of all of you here has kept me from taking that first drink.

So, I thought that maybe today we could find something that all of us will be seeing no matter where we are in America - that being the American Flag.

Let the American Flag be a reminder of what is important, your support system here and the fantastic pride we will have when we wake up tomorrow and haven't succumbed to AL!

Let's really ENJOY today; be present, enjoy the day like a child (children don't drink to have fun!) and enjoy your families - they will remember today, so let's make it a good memory for all of us!!

We can do this!!

All my love and strength,

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

thank you mm enjoy it the right way safe and happy .. to all happy 4th ..let the griilling begin
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I also think that it is important for me on days like today (where I usually drink), to have a plan in place - or two.

I have reached out to a friend who is recently sober. She and I used to get CRAZY together. Traveling the globe and drinking and playing golf. She has been sober for 6 months. We haven't spent a lot of time together because I was still drinking. I am going to meet up with her for the parade since my DD will be hanging with her friend. I don't want to be left to my own devices just yet. The only issue is that she is hooked up with some pretty hard-core AA people (not that there's anything wrong with that), and I know that they get a very judgmental of ANYONE that drinks. I'm more on the "to each his own". This truly turns me off and if that's the case I will wander away.

Plan two is to just walk around for a while and come home until the fireworks. Luckily my house is right downtown. We live in a very quaint community, so everything is within walking distance. i have had a long week, so coming home to rest and taking a nap on my hammock is a very good alternative plan to me!

I'm staying away from parties today.. Next year..

OK.. off I go!

MM
      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Best of luck with your plan today MM! Sending strength your way, the hammock sounds like a great backup plan!

Comment

Working...
        X