Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily, July 7th

Good morning, my beautiful ABBERS!

I am up early today, so I thought I would get this going.

I haven't been here too much the past week. With the 4th, and all the tourists that come into town, I have been up to my ears!

It was a fantastic Holiday and even better hangover-free! I kept it very mellow and stayed clear of most of the activities. After getting DD situated with her Friends (she doesn't want to hang with Mom - sniff, sniff), I came home and relaxed. She did keep coming to check in and give me secret hugs and to tell me she loves me, so I was very happy! I was also happy to have the down-time.

I have been a bit down, but am trying not to read anything into it. I know that my emotions and mind are reeling from being stripped naked of AL. AL is a nice veil for covering up issues that need attention, but maybe to difficult to deal with. I will go into later, but for now, I am just taking it easy and taking it one day at a time.

I do have one very tough thing I am dealing with. My best friend's pancreatic cancer is back. We found out two months ago. She has been cancer free for 4 years, but it came back in her liver. I have had a very difficult time trying to stay positive, but I think I am in denial about the whole thing. She leaves tomorrow today for Seattle to get her treatment. She goes in tomorrow. This damn tumor is right next to an artery, so it has been very difficult to figure out how to get at it. Anyway, it is a long story, so I won't go into it, but I would love any special prayers for her. She is a very special and wonderful person.

OK, my lovelies.. I must run. I have a HUGE day at the spa.

Oh, and I'm on day 18! My first goal is 21 days. I always remember that it takes 21 days to make a new habit, so that is my first milestone.

Have a wonderful day!!

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

AF Daily, July 7th

I will say a prayer for your friend, MM. :l
    Cancer sucks!!! My dad passed away from cancer 4 years ago-July 8, 2005. Mom too.
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily, July 7th

Hello Ab Landers and special thanks to MM for getting us started today.

MM I am very sorry to hear about your friend and will include her in my prayers. I can't imagine how devastating it would be to get past cancer and be cancer free for several years, and then get the news that it's back. I just can't even imagine how that must have felt for her. Cancer is such an insidious disease and so much of my health related reading of late suggests that legal poisons in our environment and food supply are a significant cause. It's so scary. LVT, I am also sorry to hear that you lost both of your parents to cancer.

Reading these messages sparked the "reminder thought" in my brain to appreciate all that is good in my life TODAY. We just never know what lies ahead. I am guilty of spending way too much time angsting over future events which are completely outside of my control.

I went to the gym frightfully early today as I can really see the endorphin power of working out - and I can use that endorphin power today in dealing with the Mom/Dad/hospital stuff. Mr. D and I were talking (and laughing some too) yesterday about how vastly different and BETTER our lives are today as a direct resulting of dumping the booze and drugs. We are both so much calmer and less prone to "over the top dramatics" when dealing with problems or with issues that may not be pleasant but simply need to be dealt with. That is life. Stuff happens and I would much rather deal with my stuff today then with the stuff MM's friend is dealing with, as an example. It was impossible for me to stay calm and rational, and to keep things in any sort of perspective when I was somewhere between drunk and hungover virtually all of the time. I would have been a screaming raging maniac yesterday if I were throwing booze on top of life right now.

I am grateful today to be sober, and to have all of you on my support team. Thank you for always being here every day, no matter what, working on our sobriety and improving our lives.

I love you guys mush mush mush. :l

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily, July 7th

Good Morning MM, DG, and LVT25 and all to come.

MM I"m so sorry to hear about your friend...that must be really difficult for you....you will both be in my prayers. Congradulations on your 18 days that is awesome and have a great day at the spa.

DG.... I know what you mean about feeling better after being AF. I have a sister that is still out there and we were very much alike with how we drank and all the trouble I could create for myself when I did....when I see all her issues everytime she gets a chance (she works partime) it brings me back to the reality of where I would be if I had continued...But for the grace of God go I. I wanted to ask you what book you were referring to on the general board on niacin that I posted...I love to read about stuff like that and was just wondering.

Yesterday allergies made me feel like crap and didn't get much done so I will see if I can get some things done today....I hope you all have a wonderful day

Sunnydaz 5 months 1 day
        Smober 106 days

Comment

AF Daily, July 7th

Good Afternoon, MM, LVT, DG and sunny, and all to come!

MM, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I can't imagine how hard this must be for her and you as well. Congrats on 18 days. Stay strong!

LVT, I'm sorry to hear that you lost both parents to cancer. It must have been very difficult.

sunny, big CONGRATS on 5 weeks and one day! WOW!

DG, I will be thinking of you and your Dad tomorrow. I hope all goes well with his surgery. And I will be thinking of you as well on Thursday. Let us know how things went, just as soon as you are able to do so.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

AF Daily, July 7th

Hey all

Suddenly realised how gloomy it's gotten with the bad weather we're having! Certianly is a strange turn fo events, one week beautiful summers days, the next it's like a rather too hot winter! Had a lovely night with fiance for anybody who's interested, and can't wait to see him again on Thursday night. He's down the pub with his friends tonight bless him.

MM: I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, I'm not religous, but my thoughts and best wishes will be with her, her friends and family tonight.

DG: I know what you mean with life being better AF, especially in the context of a relationship. Life is so much easier when you don't over react ot every little thing.
            When I was a kid I thought I wanted all the things that I hadn't got, but I learned the hardest way

Time to get what I'm really looking for 17/03/10

Comment

AF Daily, July 7th

Top of the Tuesday ABerooooos!

MedMama strength to you and your freind dear xxxx

great reading you all, but have much to do....zoom zooom

be well
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily, July 7th

Hi everyone

I realise I need to step up my recovery efforts and keep connected as the cornerstone of staying sober, so am hopping onto the thread - maybe a little too late - I seem to miss it most days due to the time zone difference ... Shall have to remember to actually start it some days!

Sending good wishes to all x
                KAYLA

Current attitude towards addiction: Why ask why? Just accept that it is, and go from there ...

Comment

AF Daily, July 7th

Kayla, welcome!
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily, July 7th

Thanks Det!
                    KAYLA

Current attitude towards addiction: Why ask why? Just accept that it is, and go from there ...

Comment

Working...
                    X