AF daily - Friday July 10th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DG, yeah. EO stuff. But hey, it's just unpleasant. It could be worse. It'll be good to get this behind me. And.....

BIG GIRL PANTS RULE!!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Well Day 6 here and beginning to feel almost normal even though taking supps keeps me taking pills and water all the day long.

DG good to know about a fellow horse enthusiast. The ride was great - we went for 2 1/2 hours in the hot California sun and I felt just fine. Never could have done that with a hangover. I love saddlebreds too.

Accountable, boy do I know that feeling of TIRED. AL absolutely exhausts me and I totally lose all motivation to do anything. When I used to drink lots with my husband and pals, it always seemed like everyone else could pop up the next morning, albeit with a bit of complaining, and get going with the coffee. All I could think of was getting rid of everyone so I could do a little R and R with the beer. Oh the vicious circle!

I totally identify with the deprived feeling. That has always been my main deal. Almost all of our friends drink, some darn close to alcoholism, and when I am not drinking, I feel so isolated and deprived. Plus I hate to keep explaining why I don't want to drink. But I am going to have to work on that because it has got me back to drinking so many times over the years. And it always leads to the exact same place. The old wake up in the morning and thinking, what the heck happened? So I hate the sense of deprivation but I hate waking up and not knowing what happened even worse! :upset: Just have to keep working at it.

Comment

DG, good news about the surgery! I think I'll have to have some ice cream too... purely to show solidarity with you not being able to eat, you understand. I'm working late, so will cycle home and feel virtuous when I pick up a tub of... hmm... plain vanilla I think on the way back.

You're all right, of course, about momentarily forgetting about the horrible consequences of drinking. Thanks for all the comments. I'll ponder them later when I'm not busy (ahem) at work. Prancy, I like your line about hating deprivation but hating waking up and not knowing what happened even worse. Not knowing if I was in the doghouse the next day - that was no fun!

In the meantime I'm going to HOICK up my big girl pants.

greeneyes;661231 wrote:

BIG GIRL PANTS RULE!!
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hi Everyone!!

I can't address all individually today, really busy, but did want to say glad DG's surgery is over and done with and was a success. Yay!! Hope your daddy heals quicker than expected, too.

(((Greenie))), hang on to the BGPs and this too shall pass.

Det, Ouch.

Staying AF here and enjoying it. Luckily not in deprivation mode here but know that will come and go. I think it is just part of being what we are.

Hope everyone has a safe and sober Friday.

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
          X