Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Five day symptomps

Hello friends,

I am on day five and feel little light headed and out-of it. I thought it is somethig I would expect on day one or two, but not five. Last time, when I stopped I had similar sensations, but I thought I overdosed on supplements (I am not on any meds)
    Is it normal? I am also more forgetfull! Otherwise, I feel well, sleep well too.
    If anybody experienced similar symptoms, let me know.
    "If I lost confidence in myself, I have the Universe against me"
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Five day symptomps

Hiya NM. I recall feeling a little strange, and vague in the early af days, but also great too. It might be all that adjusting our bodies do chemically, that's throwing things out a bit? See a doc if you're worried.
    Very well done on 5 days. Make sure you keep going. New challenges for you ahead, but it just get's better and better!
    Best wishes...........

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Five day symptomps

What supplements are you taking? It may be related to supplements. I've decided I like very few of them, because they all knock me a bit here or there.

Very good news if you are sleeping well. I'm envious of that. Just continue to eat and hydrate evenly. Lots of small meals are very good.

There are dozens of biological processes that become dependent on daily alcohol. Blood glucose level, muscle energy, adrenaline, and even histamines (yep AL gives you sniffles). Your body will bring these back to a non-alcohol stasis, but it takes a few days and it's not always an "even" process.

Exercise can sometimes help speed the process, even just taking some long walks. Mostly, a little more time is what it takes. In my experience 7-10 days for the biological stuff, and 10-30 or more for the gain good mental stability (moods, anxiety).

Comment

Five day symptomps

Hi New Me. I had a bit of a loopy feeling to some degree for more than 10 days. It's been awhile but I'm thinking there was a bit of that for the first month. I did not take any prescription meds (even without the prescription!) but I was taking the recommended supplements purchased here. I jokingly called it "Topa Nopa Dopa" after having read all the Topamax threads.

As boss man said our bodies have made some huge adaptations to deal with the alcohol all these years so it's amazing we recover from it as quickly as we do. I was actually reading some stuff recently suggesting that some of the toxins from alcohol can actually be stored in our fatty tissues (much like other environmental toxins) for years.

Best of strength to you. AL is tough to give up but in my opinion, very well worth the effort.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Five day symptomps

Dear all -

Thank you so much for your replies. I am going cut my sups to minimum, for I eat well, drink freshly squeezed vegetable and fruit juices and gallons of herbal teas. My only downfall is honey in my tea and lots of it!
          I need to get the exercise program in gear, becasue I am a lazy bum
          Thank you so much for your replies and your continuos support. Being sober feels so good!
          "If I lost confidence in myself, I have the Universe against me"
          Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Five day symptomps

Hi New Me - I'm on day 5 as well with plenty of these types of symptoms (dull headache - especially mornings and late at night, light headed, shaky), but I continue to rely on the support and past experiences from all those who have made it much further. Sounds like this is all part of the process. I don't want to go back to drinking nor do I want WDs...therefore, only one path foreward and that's to stay sober. Good Luck!
            AF since July 8, 2009...

Comment

Working...
            X