Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moderation is for birds!

Hello fellow non-drinkers

As a commited AL-free person, I want to hang out with the serious crowd. I am only on day five a second time, after initial two AL free weeks and a pathetic moderation attempt on 4th of July. (If not counting my 4th performance, I decided to quit June 11.)
    I do not want to say I will never slip - that would be arrogant, but abstinence is my goal for I currently see no value in drinking at all.
    I have posted my story on "Tell us your story" under "heal now, survive later" if you are interested.
    Like you, I want to learn and grow and face life head on, not hide behind a bottle!
    "If I lost confidence in myself, I have the Universe against me"
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Moderation is for birds!

P.S. the "Banned for steath registration attempt" sentence is a tech glitch, still unresolved by MWO tech team, not my personal statement!
    "If I lost confidence in myself, I have the Universe against me"
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Moderation is for birds!

Come and join us on the AF daily thread. You will find a lot of inspiration there!

Monthly Abstinence - My Way Out Forums

Comment

Moderation is for birds!

Glad you are joining us, NewMe. Its a great life! It is just another brand of 'the journey' and feels great to be 'free' all the time. As you are awakening, stay close here - reading, posting. This is a great place to 'come alive' because that is what seems to happen when you step out of hiding in the bottle.

Way to go on your AF days!

Comment

Moderation is for birds!

Hi NewMe! I just read your story - thank you for sharing! AL's reaches far and wide into people's lives everywhere. Moderation did not work for me either and I'm quite happy to be AF with the world in front of me. Glad you are joining us on this journey! As the others have mentioned, the daily AF thread is great - that's my "check in spot" if I can only read one thread a day.

You mention in your story that you work out - or used to. I have found exercise to be a great component of my sobriety plan. As you mentioned in your story, AL and working out really don't go well together. So bring on those endorphins! Check out the monthly Abbercizers thread if working out is part of your plan!

Congrats on Day 5 AF. Life will just get better and better.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Moderation is for birds!

Hi NewMe,

Moderation is not in the cards for me either. Since I realized and finally accepted the fact, life has been much, much easier There's no questions, no maybe some day thoughts, etc. anymore - just pure freedom. I love it - you will too!
            Congrats on your decision!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X