AF Daily - Sunday July 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick pop in for me today. I'm super busy with blanching green beans for freezing and making a home-made cheesecake. It was my Mom's recipe and it is really good!

I'm really enjoying the audio version of "The Power of Now", read by E. Tolle.

Lav, I love fresh eggs! Good for you sharing with your friends and neighbors in spite of government intervention. Sheesh! It's getting harder and harder just to enjoy the simple things.

Greenie, a real live chain saw?!! Wow!

Have a great rest of the day, all!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Evening everybody

I have had the most amazing 'emotionally sober' day. Something is definitely working. WOW.

I started the morning singing with my choir, and various people came up to me confiding incredibly personal things about themselves. A girl about her pregnancy, someone about the death of his alcoholic sister, an older lady about the origins of her lousy body image. I've sung with these people for quite a while, but we're suddenly having these real, intense, stuff of life conversations.

In the afternoon I went to the memorial service for my friend who died in May. I'd dreaded it as I tend to feel easily overwhelmed on such occasions. This time I felt sad but kept my composure, was able to comfort her children and really enjoyed multiple chats with our mutual friends. I think the big difference is that in the past I've just wanted relief from my own overwhelm, either by drinking or straining to keep a lid on it, which has prevented me from feeling the comfort or consolation that others have to offer. Now that I'm calmer I can immerse myself in conversations that really are nurturing.

Today I also wore a smaller, tighter outfit for the first time. People did notice, and I got flattering, positive feedback.

For such a sad day, I have had a lovely time. I'm still just totally amazed by the whole experience.

Loppy, I'm so glad DG tracked you down. You've been gone a long time, woman! No need to beat yourself up with the excessive shame. It's not as though people here have never drunk anything. Isolation with a bottle doesn't do your thoughts or feelings any favours. Please start posting, for starters, even if it's just to say hello. And chat is a great idea!

Dill, surely you'd agree that yummy homemade cheesecake recipes passed down & tried and tested in families should be shared for the greater good of mankind, say, in the recipe section...

Why is it that I can never get to bed at a reasonable hour? Should I just start Monday's thread as it's already Monday here? But it's still Sunday over there. I'll sleep on it. G'nite.

Comment

Happy late Sunday from garlic breath!

DG, what on Earth are you up at 2:38am for? it's the weekend! You are beyond motivated!

hugs to those with heavy loads XXXXXx and cheers for the progress.

off to make some quinoa to go with dinner.

be well friends
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

I have to say that Little AFM came out of the piercings like a Rock Star! She had to have them done separately and she did not cry at all. I am sooooo flippin shocked and proud! She picked out 'Ice Pink Diamonds'. What an elegant little girl. I couldn't believe that the earrings were $30 bucks - but they are 15 carat gold and have no nickel. I have to admit that the 50 bucks I spent today was worth it, 100 fold!

I am soooo tired. I am going to have a nice hot bath and hit the hay early tonight.

See you all in the Abs Daily tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
          X