Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Friday - JUly 31st

Hello All
    Just checking in and wanted to share an experience I had today. I went grocery shopping and almost bought wine! God, it was hard not to. I stopped my cart and actually walked down the wine asile but resisted! I'm still thinking about it!....It was difficult for me but I did it and I feel good. Today is day 13 for me...almost 2 weeks and I'm getting stronger. I know that even 5 days ago I would have caved. Thanks to MWO and all the support here I remain AF. I hope you all have an awesome weekend .
    When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
    -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

My New Beginning, glad you pulled through. try a visualization exercise. Mentally picture yourself going through the market and NOT going through the wine/booze section. it's like visualizing what I'm going to say when the waitress inevitably comes by my table and says: what kind of drink can I start you off with. if I say: hmmmmmmmmm????? let me think......... then I leave myself open for problems. but I've got my statement ready: seltzer water with lime please!

anyway, just what works for my broken brain

Macks, I hear ya mate. this broken ankle has given me some paus to reflect on my body and what I'm doing to it....we just have to be a bit careful now.
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hello everyone,

I sent my first post yesterday and nervously attended my first AA meeting, second time around, due to attend another one this evening. We're not such a bad lot are we, what amazing truly inspiring people I met last night and all so willing to help and assist one another, terrific, I left feeling elated as indeed I did when the people, on this site, responded to my first post yesterday.

This time around is day 2 AF (Friday, 31st July, 2009 (day 1), the penny dropped, my salvation) for me and this has to work for me this time round as I am an alcholic and cannot moderate my drinking (wine in my case) so AF is the way to go for me, I realise that and have accepted it although I realise it is early days but I have travelled the dark road too many times now trying to fool myself that I could handle this but all to no avail, time to wake up and smell the coffee.

I am absolutely delighted to have found this site and find myself drawn to it, once I get on I don't want to get off because there is so much to read and learn about this (my) illness of which I am extremely grateful, thank you, I find it an invaluable source of support, with us all caring about and helping each other. Of course, there is much to busy myself with my children, the home, catching up with friends, caring for the childrens 4 guinea pigs, healthier pursuits at the gym, etc. etc.; my children and I love to swim, an activity which I haven't been doing a great deal of lately, although I ensure that they get to their swimming, drama, dancing, scouting clubs, that has always been priority but somehow I always found the time to hit the bottle.

Anyway, feeling good, determined and optimistic, each and every day that passes can only help improve my overall state of mind and physical well-being, thank goodness for that, at least I am back on the right road having accepted my illness and the fact that I HAVE got to do something about it and follow the AF way of life, I am looking forward to it, however I have been here before and also need to accept and realise that, there will be many pitfalls on way I know but this time, day by day I am going to succeed, I have to.

In closing, how does this monthly abstinence forum work please, am I required to sign in every day with my progress?

Thanks, good luck and best wishes to all.

Bye for now

Comment

Welcome, Afresh!

DG, I would like to replace the den carpet with hardwoods. Big time! We do a lot of our 'living' in there and seeing Nana is 79 (although active and healthy), well she knits and watches TV in there most of the day. I have kept it in for her to keep her warm and comfortable. She feels 'carpet' gives a more comfortable atmosphere. So, it may be a lot of up-keep with Little AFM, but I am willing to put up with it to make her feel at home. I have carpet on the stairs and in the bedrooms. I would like to have the stairs and the upper landing done in hardwoods as well but, I think with Nana and Little AFM, it could be dangerous. So this will have to wait as well.

OK, off to read today's thread!

Comment

Afresh,

:welcome:

I go to AA whenever I can, also. I love the face-to-face time.

However, MWO is also one of my mainstays and really helps me when I am on the road.

There are no rules on this thread per se but most of us do drop in daily and say hello, discuss what is going on in our lives and reach out for help when we need it.

I am glad you are here.

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Determinator;679900 wrote: My New Beginning, glad you pulled through. try a visualization exercise. Mentally picture yourself going through the market and NOT going through the wine/booze section. it's like visualizing what I'm going to say when the waitress inevitably comes by my table and says: what kind of drink can I start you off with. if I say: hmmmmmmmmm????? let me think......... then I leave myself open for problems. but I've got my statement ready: seltzer water with lime please!

anyway, just what works for my broken brain

Macks, I hear ya mate. this broken ankle has given me some paus to reflect on my body and what I'm doing to it....we just have to be a bit careful now.
              Thanks Det! I do that in restaurants. I'm always ready when they ask about drinks. Mine is always ice water with lemon. Next time I go to the grocery store I will already know ahead of time to avoid the wine aisle! Thanks again.
              When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
              -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Working...
              X