Weekly AA Thread - Week of Aug. 17 - 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mary, thank you so much for your continued words of encouragement. They mean a lot to me. As I have reviewed and reviewed and done even more thinking and editing (adding and getting more honest) to my Step 4 lists, I realize just how much has been "stuffed" inside me for years that I'm sure has been weighing me down. I'm hoping the promises are true (and I trust that they are) and I will walk away from my meeting tomorrow feeling like the load has been lightened. For a person who didn't think I was THAT bad, I've sure got some ugly baggage I've been toting around.

I sure appreciate everyone's well wishes! Now I'm off to relax a bit and get a good night sleep (hopefully!)

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I just got back from my usual Sun. night BB meeting. It's one of the first meetings I went to starting out in AA. Today, I'm 5 months sober & announced that at the meeting tonight. If you had asked me a year ago if I would ever do that I would have said "NO WAY!" It was very gratifying getting a round of applause...especially from the 30+ years sober people. I must remember that we're all doing it one day at a time & that makes us equals of a sort. Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Mary, congratulations on 5 months sober!! :yougo::yougo::yougo: That is awesome. You are right - we are all equals in sobriety each day.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Wow Mary, way to go.
          Phil
          Love and Peace,
          Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

DG, Thinking about you this morning and praying your 5th Step is a positive step for you!! Also hoping the Sister gets a good meal out of you. :H:H

Mary, :l I am so happy and proud of you.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Mary, that is GREAT on your 5 months. Good for you. I am really behind on doing the steps and need to get myself in gear. I'm coming up on 4 months and haven't really started to do the steps formally.

Winefree

Comment

Hi all! OOPS!! Deleted and moved to the new thread for the week!

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                X