Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Tuesday, Aug 18

Good evening everyone,

It's my birthday today, I went out for lunch with my 17 year old daughter and her friend, we had a really nice time and the food tasted soooo much nicer without AL!

Hope you're feeling more in synch greenie, some days are best for just doing nothing.

Marshy your blackberries look good, the ones around me are still at the very unripe stage.

Mstall I hope your day at work has been better than expected.

What a lucky grandson cinders, children certainly know how to live in the moment.

AAthlete I suppose when we get some distance from bad things we forget how bad they were, it's good to be reminded of how far we have come.

Universal I can completely understand the sales stress, I found the BS, the pressure to get people to buy things they didn't need, and basically having to admire the emperors new clothes was soul destroying. Time for a change perhaps.

Sunshine, there are certainly times when the customer is not always right.

Bear, I find water helps, it's something to consume and it is filling, makes you need the loo a lot of course

Determinator I visited Yosemite just over 20 years ago now, it was breathtaking and sometimes you could see climbers, no more than tiny specks of colour on the rock faces. I remember though, we went to a place called mirror lake, truly lovely the scenery perfectly reflected on the surface of the lake, I overheard a man asking his wife if she wanted to walk a couple more blocks before going back to the car
    I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

I missed some of the posts, I think I scroll too fast!

Lilmea, I've applied for some volunteer work too, it seems a good way to get busy and do something worthwhile.

Lavande I'm so impressed at how you all grow so much produce, do you have a very large garden?

Paula, I'm glad the sessions are helpful, the key is in what you said, events that you had no control over, it's so easy when we are young to assume we are responsible for things which are out of our control.
      I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

BTW, happy birthday Gold!
        Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Afternoon ABer's

Bear-I don't know what the weather is where you are, but can you get out and take a walk? Something to get the blood circulating a bit.

Gold-Happy Birthday!! I did check into the Meals on Wheels today. I think I'm going to start with 1 day a week for now. They deliver 3 days a week. Then I'll take it from there.

Det-I'm leaving for Yosemite at the end of the month! We're going other places as well but Yosemite is the ending point before we start back home. Take LOTS of pictures.

Hi AA,Sunshine, Uni, Paula, DG, LTV and Hullagirl.
          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Gold, Happy Birthday!

Lilmea, if you happen through Reno in your travels the Starbucks is on me!

(that goes for the lot of you rascals)
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Happy birthday Gold!

Cinders- does your grandson have any tips?? Too many blackberries maybe? I'm very bad at following recipes :H

Sunshine - cobbler is exactly the word I was trying to think of when this came out of the oven. It sure as hell ain't a cake!

Tastes delicious though! Gonna have some with custard tomorrow :H Night all.

sigpic
              AF since December 22nd 2008
              Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

"Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman"

Marshy, so is real blueberry cake. :H:H:H It does look delicious!
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

greeneyes;695948 wrote: "Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman"

Marshy, so is real blueberry cake. :H:H:H It does look delicious!
                  :H:H :H

A quote for all seasons!
                  sigpic
                  AF since December 22nd 2008
                  Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Loppy lugs hasn't been around for about 3 1/2 weeks. Wonder if things are OK.
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Morning all.

Can I join the 'feeling stabby' club? I know why I feel the way I do, I totally 'over moderated' last week, and ended up losing my temper at the dinner table on Monday and storming out of the house in a big Huff. Even though I didn't drink more that 2 drinks on any given day, it was doing it every day that really affected my mood.

Anyhoo, AF seems easier.

Marshy, I love blackberries, the cake looks great! I'm wondering if you're planning on seeing the 'Rankin Live' exhibition? I was listening to him on Radio 4, it sounds really interesting.

I've just realised I can't flick back and acknowledge everyone - but I read and learned, thanks everyone!

Bets
                      x
                      Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                      X