Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sober sex

Kimberly-
    I can help you with the dancing part probably better than the sex part HAHA (see my name, see my signature)!

I ALMOST put off starting my 30 days AF because I knew I had at least two events coming up, and felt I'd either have to stay home or stay drinking. I read someone's post about how any given month, there's always something you have to go to where AL is going to be there, and you can't avoid being around it forever. So I went anyway, I crept up to the bar (my very shy, nervous little self), got a Dr. Pepper, stood around and drank it like I would a AL drink, but a lot slower, crept surrepticiously towards the dance floor cause it looked like the band was gonna start, got up close so I could see, and all was well, Dancelot was dancing like she always does when the music plays, even sober. Just kind of draw the energy of the band and the crowd, add to it, give it back, soon you'll be having a great time.

Now I always kind of dance or move or something at home or in my workshop, so it's just something I do. Put on your favorite dance music or old disco music or whatever gets you pumping, when you're home and no one's looking and see that it's still fun without AL, and if you do feel like a fool, no harm done.

You might also go to some music event that's more free form, or where folks are a little looser than maybe where you normally go.

Remember if you're at a club, half the folks are loaded and really don't notice what anyone else is doing or even care! Anyway to me standing around or sitting down in a room full of people gives me way more anxiety than dancing in a big throbbing crowd. If an old lady like me can do it, so can you. If anyone thinks I'm a fool, BFD! I KNOW I'm still groovy, and can be sober at the same time! Enjoy your life while you still got it, a lot of us here have wasted big chunks of it already.

As far as the first time sober thing, I know you will find someone good and I'm guessing it's the "unknown" factor that's probably the bigger issue than the actual "doin' the deed"! If I get lucky maybe I'll try it too! HAHAHA!!!

Keep on smilin', OK?

MUCH LOVE!!!
    ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Sober sex

i used to dance alot...i need to get out and do it again in spite of myself!

Comment

Sober sex

peacenik;700211 wrote: i used to dance alot...i need to get out and do it again in spite of myself!
        YES, YOU DO!!!
        ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Sober sex

Actually, Kimberly, I find sober sex much better! And actually, especially, the first time... you really don't need booze... 'cause (like someone said earlier) the endorphins take over anyhow

As for dancing and whatnot... yeah, I'm a bit on the hesitant side, too... at least sober. But, in time, you'll simply learn to have FUN without the liquid.

Oh.. and we DO want to hear how things will go with the future beau! Hey, that rhymes! :H
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Sober sex

[QUOTE=Kimberley;698462]Hey hey, who said about being a pro after a few sober sessions- I already am a pro in the sober sessions!...after the initial encounter.

It's just I can't envisage the initial encounter al-free. I have never ever done it.

I was directed to this thread by DG. As a bloke, I can really relate to this first encounters have always involved AL.

DS

Comment

Sober sex

Sober sex is sex that you can remember.............and are'nt heading for the door as fast as you can the morning after !! Ha! IAD (Sad........)
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Sober sex

IAD ~ you make me smile

I'd prefer sober sex , its the only sex I'll be getting for the rest of my life !:H:b&d:
                Non Drinker 9/09
                Non Smoker 6/09
                Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Working...
                X