AF Daily - Thursday 20th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all, so as you may or may not know it's a-level results day today, the grades are in and it's time to party for those interested the grades are

English Lit: A
    Biology: A
    Graphics: B
    History: A

Needless to say I am amazingly happy with what I've got, university here I come! Haha.
    Have a great day everybody
    TG
    When I was a kid I thought I wanted all the things that I hadn't got, but I learned the hardest way

Time to get what I'm really looking for 17/03/10

Comment

Top of the Thursday AB-enators across the fruited plain!!!!!!

Gold, first of that's brilliant you stayed AF on your B-day very well done. I agree with the others, separate checks. or if they put it on one you can ask loudly: so...let's tally up the drinks then.....

when I'm asked why I don't have a drink I give some smartypants remark similar to Greeneyes. two favs are:

-hey, someone has to set a good example around here

-I'm designated philosopher tonight

now, in either case they will give you an odd look but won't ask again LOL

TG, bravo on the grades! you are smart AND musically inclined....so whatcha gonna be when you grow up eh? looks like the sky's the limit.

well, I've been absolutely slammed with work this morning, so really shouldn't complain.

zoom zoom

be well!
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Determinator;697646 wrote: when I'm asked why I don't have a drink I give some smartypants remark similar to Greeneyes. two favs are:

-hey, someone has to set a good example around here

-I'm designated philosopher tonight

now, in either case they will give you an odd look but won't ask again LOL
        Det, we could always say we had to give up reckless sex and unfortunately alcohol had to go with it. :H Odd look ya think?
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Greenie - you little minx you! lol

Ironically, when it comes up (and it almost never does), I tell people that I am allergic to alcohol. Seriously, I have a mild reaction to barley's and hops which is why I would break out in an allergic rash every so often when drinking! I was crestfallen when I was 16 and found out - and now it works in my favor - who knew??

Glad to hear that everyone else is doing well, and like Det I am slammed today with work (which is a good thing)!
          Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

AllApologies;697609 wrote: Hey all, so as you may or may not know it's a-level results day today, the grades are in and it's time to party for those interested the grades are

English Lit: A
            Biology: A
            Graphics: B
            History: A

Needless to say I am amazingly happy with what I've got, university here I come! Haha.
            Have a great day everybody
            TG
            Fantastic AllApologies, well done, where are you going to uni and what are you going to study?
            I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

Another night out! Nothing for years and then three come along at once :H

Tonight I received two gifts because it was my birthday a couple of days ago, a bottle of wine and an elegant looking bottle of port :H When I was given them I thanked the givers and thought, that's good the wine will do for when I'm invited to a party and the port will make a nice Christmas present!

Jackie I am certain you have contributed much more to your children that simply your very good looks!
              I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

I really enjoyed the read today. It topped off a stressful day at work with some smiles. Thank you one and all.

Good job on the great grades AllApologies, and Gold, did you ever get the results of the tests? I tried to follow but didn't seem to catch that.

Kids and drinking. My son was an alcoholic by the time he was 15. No lie. He has never been able to quit, either. It tears me up. I love him and his wife so much. They do well right now, they take good care of their children, etc, but as soon as the kids are in bed, out comes the alcohol. They are both very proud of me quitting, though. I hope my example gives them some hope. My girl is still sober, right at a year now. She still has panic episodes and told me they are real triggers to want to drink, but she is hanging in there. As soon as she is done breast feeding, she is getting to a doctor to get on some meds for the panic attacks. I guess she got my physiology.

Greenie, I loved the not drinking come back!!

Det, DG, AA, Derek (welcome!!), Bear and Jackie, hello!!

I am sober today and will stay so tonight. AF is where I need to stay. My friends here at MWO and this thread are a big reason I can say that.

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Happy AF Thursday!! I've been slammed at work too, but I'm taking tomorrow off!

I love the outlandish reasons for not drinking, it really gives people the deer-in-the-headlights look.

I actually had thoughts of coming home and having a beer tonight after 3-days of all-day meetings. Then I thought OMG, I don't want to mess up a good night's sleep. I honestly think I'm now addicted to waking up rested and ready to go.

Congrats to all the great exam grades!

Still working on resentment...it pops up when I'm tired.

Good night! Sweet AF Dreams!

Comment

Cindi, so pleased to hear of your daughters success in sobriety. bless both of you xxxxx
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                    X