Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF daily - Friday, August 28th

Morning abbers,

I love Friday mornings! I don't start work until late on Fridays, so I get time to potter about at home without feeling the need to "do" very much because I've got to go to work eventually. Having said that, I've done laundry and washed the kitchen floor! Oh, and made bread - one of the good habits I picked up while trying to stay sober in the early days - have to distract myself somehow... I'll make bread! And I've made my own bread ever since.

Now off to the library en route to work. I've always read a lot but now I can remember what I read the day before because I haven't been drinking and don't have to keep re-reading everything, I get through books double quick. :H

Have a good day all!
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Morning abbers!

Marshy, your podder about before work is quite a productive podder! Say that fast 3 times :H I think I'll follow suit and throw in a load of clothes.

Very busy day at the hole today.

I'm going to make cyclefan's crookneck squash casserole for dinner and settle in with a netflix movie (which I will remember and only have to watch once, marshy!). After the doggie park. I bet I have time to make that casserole now!

The service was nice. The art show was just OK - we had a bite to eat afterwards and had a nice time.

Have a great day today
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hello Marshy & Greenie!

Lilmea ? good for you for the manicure and pedicure!

Sunshine & bear ? congrats on your milestones.

Yesterday after work, I had to stop at the store for milk and had thoughts of buying a 6-pk. Made sure I didn?t even walk near that aisle and by the time I left the store, the thoughts were gone. It amazes me how strong the thought was for a few minutes, but then I thought about wanting to read some agility articles and AL would mess up that plan. Not to mention messing up a great night?s sleep!

Loppy how are things? Stay in touch this week.

LVT have the visitors left?

I have a day of volunteer work Saturday. Not really into it, but a friend is heading up the event so I got wrangled into it. However, come October, when I resign as president of a local non-profit, I won?t be the one that gets the calls about helping at things like this! It?s time for a break.

Have a great RF and AF Friday. I will keep it low-key and just get ready for the volunteer work on Saturday.

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Happy last Friday of the month! Wow, August flew by........

Marshy, the bread sounds good, think I'll make so too! I'll spread some of my tomato jam on it

Greenie, glad your day went well yesterday.

Speedster, a stop at the convenience store can be a dangerous thing............you made a great decision, good for you

Hi to Sunni & bear, LVT, Loppy & Lil.
        Wishing everyone a great AF, RF Friday.
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi there, ABlanders!

Friday already, huh?
          Marshy, now you made me remember the laundry.. darnit... I almost really forgot about it! LOL
          Greenie, I can't even say that fast once! Allow me to untangle my tongue here...
          Speedster.. phew.. glad you dodged that bullet... way to go!
          Lav... how's the rain forest progressing?

Well then, thanks to MARSHY (grummmble).. I guess I better go throw some laundry in the machine. I really don't know why I detest laundry so much... I mean, it's not that difficult or back breaking... prolly 'cuz it's so POINTLESS! Everything I wash, dry, fold will be dirty again in a couple of days! :H

Have a great AF Friday, everyone!
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Good Afternoon ABer's,

Just a quick fly bye here. Packing for our trip so all I've done today is laundry! I hope everyone has a great AF week end!
            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Well yes, my company has left a day early in fact! I must say resentment and irritaion kept trying to creep in, but I tried rally hard to keep things in perspective. The guys pretty much drank the whole time and since there is no smoking in my house everyone that was drinking spent their time out in their trailer. I was a little resentful the guys couldn't bother to stop drinking long enough to come inside and eaT the 2 very nice evening meals I prepared. Oh well! I get to look forward to their visit on their return trip in about 10 days.
              Tomorrow night I get to spend with my hubby's other sis and bil at their anniversary party! I offered to be dd for friends so will have an excuse to come home while hubby and kids spend the night.
              Happy weekend all!
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Aloha Friday ABeroooooos!!

Marshy, thanks for the nice boot into gear today. I've been busy for a Friday. can't complain!

LVT, sorry to hear of your frustrations, let me assure you I'd be appreciating your meals! in fact I'd help clean up too, hows that?

I found myself in a bit of a funk yesterday between this stupid cold/flu I'm fighting off and the separation anxiety kicking in from Dx's absence, it kind of got me down. but I made it to an AA meet at noon, then came home and took a nap! then watched a movie and by the time I got on chat everyone was going to bed. oh well. I surfed around a bit and found this cool website with some free hypnosis downloads though:

Free Hypnosis Downloads | FreeHypnosisTreatment.com

I listened to one of the 'sleep' hypnos last night and they guy has a profound Irish brogue! I didn't know whether to sleep or dance a jig. LOL !

be well my loverlies,
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

It is signed!!! Woopee!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

evening all - had a massage after work - bizarrely made me feel really sad - very tired and like I'm gettign a cold. I went to friends' house but drove back after just over an hour - exhausted, don't feel like company and feel a bit sick.
                    think just need an eary night - feeling irritable too and bit tearful - grrr.therapist said it was cos was 2 weeks into af and sf - will have an impact.
                    had been feeling so upbeat - forgot about this bit that you need to get through ;(
                    I'm defo hitting the gym tomorrow!night night ll

sad bear
                    one day at a time

Comment

I was just going to read tonight and post over the weekend, but Greenie!! That is fantastic, finally!! You must be over the moon. Time to dance a jig with Det. Do join in Bear, it will cheer you up. The funk is all part of the package but it will pass.

I've had a big clean up today. My dad's old cleaning lady came by to help me out, she knows the house like the back of her hand. We've done windows, defrosted freezer, taken rugs out etc. It's all spick and span and smelling of roses. Ahhhh.

Comment

Whoopie for you Greenie-finally!!
                        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Good evening all,

Yes Sunni, the Rain Forest is lush, lush, lush and even more rain on the way tonight - ho hum.

Lil, I trust your packing is done.........have a wonderful trip

LVT, glad your company has gone. Skip cooking meals for them when they come back - that was rude. Maybe they need a little dose of 'Lavan-ittude'!!!

Deter, poor thing! Try some Ester C to help kill the germs
                          I think I'll try your sleep hypno and dream about little green men tonight, ha ha!

Greenie, so glad you got your agreement signed, it's about time. Maybe things will settle down now.

bear, 2 weeks for your quits, a big congrats to you. That's a major accomplishment! Be kind to yourself, the blues will pass. Everything in your life is getting better & better! Keep up the fantastic work.

Well, I'm tired, time to say good night to all. Have a pleasant, safe, AF night.
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

um.... well.... um.... it was just the financial declaration. BUT, that means we can get on the docket. And MAYBE, just MAYBE we can get in court on Wednesday. ray:
                            sigpic

Comment

it's all progress though, moving in the right direction for you Greenie - good luck
                              one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                              X