AF Daily 9-11-09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily 9-11-09

Good morning Abbers! YAY! i got to start the thread today!

I wont be drinking or smoking today or tomorrow or Sunday. Walking for MS this weekend so I wont be around till Sunday afternoon and who knows what shape I will be in then.

Have a great sober weekend all!
    AF/SF - November 23, 2014

AF Daily 9-11-09

Hi Mstall - great luck for the walk - how far?

I'm just off to pick up Mr S. from the airport, he's been away on business this week. I've felt a bit of an 'inner shift' going on this week - does that make sense? It's been really calm around the house, and I haven't been stressing so much about keeping things tidy etc. I've just got on with 'stuff' without giving it a 2nd thought (like buying and installing a new printer). Being AF definitely helps, as does the fact that I'm eating to keep my blood sugar balanced, and feel good physically. Mr S is a nice man, and I'm sure he wants me to be happy, but I've just realised he has me exactly where he wants me - running the house, looking after the Teens and nothing more (he must have achieved this by subliminal suggestion because it was nowhere on my agenda). I'm not sure where I'm going with all this, I don't think I'm looking at separation etc., but just had to put it down somewhere in writing.

Happy Friday!

Bets.
    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

AF Daily 9-11-09

Mstall - have fun on the walk, hope you have great weather.

Betty - sounds like your doing quite well. The inner shift will resolve and probably not involve a lot of drastic change. The calmness can give you time and energy to think about how you can continue to manage the familty and still find something that satisfies you and helps you grow. Maybe a class, art, volunteer work, part-time work, or some new hobby.

LVT - you're my hero! A model for all of us. You have a lot to deal with, far more than what I deal with and I truly admire how you stay focused and work through the ups/downs of moods and external issues. :award:

Sara - the bike ride to school with the kids sounds neat and wish I was there to enjoy those cookies!. Glad to hear about your days going so well. Keep at it!

Chief & Namaste - hope all is well and keep taking things one day, one hour at a time.

Greenie- can I start a project now? Seems like a couple weeks ago, it was a bad time to start projects and can't remember if it was to last 3 weeks or 3 months. I'm chompin' at the bit to start some house projects but the weather or schedule hasn't cooperated so I'm just going with it and waiting for things to 'align' and let these projects begin. Have a great vacation.

Hello to everyone else, would love to address more but I'm going to be late for work.....see you later!

Comment

AF Daily 9-11-09

Good morning Abbers,

Hello to Mstall, Bets & speedster, and all to come today!

Some sort of coastal storm affecting us today so it's indoor projects only for me today. I just heard something about tornado warnings as well..........certainly hope not!

Bets, I've been kind of stalled with that 'inner shift' feeling myself for many months, probably for a lot of the same reasons (Husbands)! I never expected to feel this degree of 'insecure confusion' at this late stage of life............ All I know for sure is that I am NOT going to make any major changes while feeling this way. I'm going to stay focused on myself, my progress, etc.

Wishing each & everyone of you a happy, AF Friday!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily 9-11-09

another day dry
          I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

AF Daily 9-11-09

I'm thinking about all of those lives lost senselessly 8 years ago....let us not forget!

Thanks, Speedster, I'm not worthy! :H Trust me!

I'm headed to work early, and then my son has a football game tonight. AND, hubby said he is going to haul my "new" greenhouse home. I'll fill you in on the details if it actually happens.

Have a sober weekend all!:h
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily 9-11-09

Hey Everyone,
              Busy, busy, busy...But thanks to being AF, I have great energy today.

Good to hear from you, Betty. We should "chat" about marriage sometime. It's really amazing how alcohol has helped me avoid dealing with it, and I'm realizing we have things we just have to work out.

Have a great sober day, and weekend everyone!
              "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

AF Daily 9-11-09

Hi All,

Day 3 here.....I'm getting through it. I'm going to beat this.

Hope everyone has a good day...

Don

Comment

AF Daily 9-11-09

Hi all,

Chief - I am Day 3 here too. Seems like we've been here before huh? We are approaching the weekend but I am feeling good. Going to attend a fitness class tomorrow morning then wash some windows around the house. I have a 5K run event next weekend so want to be in tip-top shape!

Wishing you all a happy Friday and an AF weekend.

Hey, do you all know about DrinkTracker here at MWO? It's a fun tool!

:yay:

Comment

AF Daily 9-11-09

Hey everyone,
                    Day 11 here. Busy..Received two calls for some work yesterday, good news, but didn't sleep well last night. Worried about 'looking good' today for a meeting..a little mental masturbation, I guess, but I worked it out, got prepared and I'm optimistic and grateful.

I think someone mentioned marriage a few times in some post lately..I'm flying by here, so my apologies for not addressing it personally. I just wanted to mention that there was a really good thread started last week regarding 'being married' and doing this thing. It was really good..very affirming for me anyway, because I found many long term married people were sharing my own experience..it may be helpful for you to go check it out.

I am remembering 9/11, all the victims, their families, the city and our shock and our humble wake up call as a country today.

Be well friends.
                    Namaste'
                    It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

AF Daily 9-11-09

Hi all

Daily check in from me - day 6 (I believe I missed yesterday's check in ) but i'm still doing OK. Got an extra strong hot and firey ginger beer planned for tonight. Busy weekend planned with a trip to London for the kids to see a show, tomorrow, so I need a clear head.

Have a great weekend everyone

Sausage x

Comment

AF Daily 9-11-09

what we had for dinner last night:
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily 9-11-09

(just thought I'd bring you all a nice snack)

I looooove lamb chops.

ok then.... Aloha Friday ABeroooooos!

Don, you are about over the very worst of it bro. Yes you ARE going to beat this. in fact you are doing that right now.

be back later zoom zoom

be well
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily 9-11-09

im ashamed to say i am slipping today...have had 4 beers...will stop now and pour the rest out. what the hell. i think the af wine set me off.

will check in later.

peace

Comment

AF Daily 9-11-09

Peace! water and food and distractions! call a friend and watch a movie or something. it's time to aggressively fight off a binge (if you're anything like I am) please keep us up to speed on how your doing ok? xxxxx
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X