Weekly AA Thread - Week of Sept. 14 - 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all! PP, it's good to have you back here and good to read that you are just pushing forward with your program. That's all we can do is work to learn from our mistakes and grow, and "clear the wreckage of our pasts." I'm finding that is such a HUGE relief. Well worth all the effort and occasssional pain in the process.

:yougo: Phil!! :yougo: I'm so glad to hear about your progress! Don't be afraid of Step 4. It will take you that much closer to RELIEF from this demon.

Peace, this journey sure is educational, and at times painful isn't it. I am finding the self-honesty to be very freeing in the long run. I hope it works that way for you too.

Mary, are you still here or have you left for your trip? If you are traveling (if so, I think we won't hear from you until you are back home!) I hope you travel safely.

Some of the readings this week have been really powerful ones for me. The Daily Reflections reading from September 16 was especially good. It was a stark reminder to me that the stakes are really high in this battle to remain sober. My life is on the line. I am better able to succeed in this fight as part of a group - both here at MWO and also face to face at AA. There is so much power and strength in our fellowship. When I think back to my darkest days, and feeling so alone and desparate that I seriously contemplated suicide, I am especially grateful to be in this drastically better place today.

As far as my step work, I am on Step 8. I have been reading the pages in the Big Book about Step 8 every day. I have my list of those I have harmed that I typed in a Word Doc during Step 4. My sponsor told me to hand write the list as she feels that will have more impact for me than typing. So I will be finishing that "to do" this weekend. Monday when I see her we are doing to set a date and time to review my list and talk about each person and what / how the amends should take place. Then I will begin Step 9. It feels so good to be "clearing the wreckage of my past" through this process. With each step I feel "lighter" - more free.

I hope everyone is having a great day.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Just checking in to say hi to all. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Winefree

Comment

It's good to see yo WF. You doin' OK?

I over slept this morning but still went to the BB meeting - just got there a little late. We read the 4th of the stories today. The insanity of it all is sure highlighted, especially at the end of the story where he plans to set up a separate apartment to drink in. Good thing he decided to tell his wife about his plan - in the telling he realized how crazy it was.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful sober weekend! From the daily thread it seems the weather must be great in lots of places....looks like people are out enjoying it today!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

DG. yes, I am doing okay. Hubby and I are working things out and have been doing more fun things together rejuvenating our relationship. It went downhill with my drinking. I am still AL free thanks to MWO, AA, my higher power and shear determination.
          Have been going to less meetings since being on vacation, but still keeping with the program.

Winefree

Comment

WF, that is awesome that you and hubby are working on putting some fun and interest back into your relationship. AL abuse is just not conducive to a good marriage - at least it wasn't for mine. I'm very fortunate that Mr. Doggy stuck around. Things are so much better now! It was worth the pain to quit drinking just for the improvements in my marriage alone. Everything else is a bonus! I'm happy to hear things are improving in your life - that just rocks doesn't it?

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

DG it most certainly does rock. It's an added bonus to being alcohol free. Most likely our higher power giving us continued incentive to stay on course. The miracles seem to keep on happening and I keep working on my spiritual self renewal that is so prevalent throughout the Big Book of AA.
              Whatever it takes to remain AF.

Winefree

Comment

Working...
              X