tue 15 sept daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tue 15 sept daily

Good morning all - it's a lovely windy, slightly chilly autumn day here.
    I am starting the day with a dental hygienist appointment - then after that am free to SHOP! Plan to look at boots, I need a nice new pair for winter and some comfy but funky work shoes. Got a friend over for dinner tonight so be nice to catch up with her - she fancies a booze free evening so worked out well for me!

Gonna hit the gym today at some point too, plan is to do a bit of running and some weights. Starting my new healther eating today - eating more fruit and veg (not been getting enough) and limiting amount of 'treat' food each day. Breakfast in a bit will be a big bowl of fruit, plain yogurt, seeds and nuts.

I have been still reeling a bit from friend's behaviour on holiday - I think cos I had to 'keep it in' due to severly confined space. I have decided to talk to her when she is next down to see me, and to challenge her more when she makes snide comments.

Not sure how much of this decision has been spurred on by my not drinking - I have mulled it over for ages but now feels like the time for action. I previously felt scared of being abandoned by her, but now I feel if that happens then I am not losing much.
    I lose much more by letting this situation continue.
    Good day all to come - day 31 alcohol and smoke free.
    one day at a time

tue 15 sept daily

...also I have a big social do this weekend - 2 nights of bands, we're stayign over.
    It's usually very boozy, I am really worried about it in the way of 'you can't do it'
    I have been out until 3am with drinking friends, survived a week on a barge with drinking/smoking friends/various evenings with drinkers/smokers over the last 31 days.

Not going just isn't an option - I have been looking forward to it for ages - also part of me KNOWS i can do it, and it will be another hurdle (similar to others I have overcome this month) but it's my little saboteur voice.

Any thoughts on how to combat this little voice would be appreciated - I DON'T want to drink.
    one day at a time

Comment

tue 15 sept daily

Hello abbers,

Freezing here and blowing a gale! So far this morning I've seen two V-formations of Canada geese flying over - shipping out for winter, maybe. Right, that's yer Nature Notes From London for today :H

Bear - as you say, you've dealt with lots of boozy situations in the past month - and you can do it again! I couldn't do that in the early days, and I still sometimes find it difficult to be around heavy drinkers - especially if they know me from "before" - but you seem to be able to cope with it.

Not working today. Was planning a bike ride but I think I'd get blown sideways in this wind. So, hi ho, off to the gym instead. Might go looking for some winter boots too.

Have a good day all.
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

tue 15 sept daily

Hi Bear and Marshy.

Am having a 'stabby' day today, haven't eaten well and it shows. Mr Sweats really p****d me off by not letting me know what he was doing again, which meant I was sat waiting for him to come home early, having not done some stuff I wanted to do, and of course his work day had changed, but I just didn't figure into the equation at all. AND he was supposed to be off work early so that we could go and get a bed for his Mom who arrives this Saturday for 3 weeks. She is a HUGE trigger for me, and unfortunately it mostly me who has to keep her entertained. She's difficult, and I end up feeling bad that I can't change/help her. Ho Hum. Anyhoo, this will all seem insignificant as soon as I post it, so sorry for making you all read it Best news is I'm still AF and my weight is going down slowly and steadily!

Bear - I'm SURE you can do the weekend if you managed the Barge Holiday!

Marshy - I have beautiful winter boots I bought when I was back last year, I'm planning a trip back at the end of October just so I can wear them again.......

Onwards and upwards

Bets
        x
        Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

tue 15 sept daily

Betty,

I hate that stressed feeling when someone's coming to stay that you'd rather wasn't coming to stay. My mother is absolutely vile to my sister-in-law (my brother's wife) and my sister-in-law has (mostly) always taken it on the chin to keep the peace. Dunno how she does it!

Right, time to stir my stumps. It's not looking at all inviting out there...
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

tue 15 sept daily

Morning all!

bear and marshy - i just LOVE new boots, i love everything about fall/winter clothes so enjoy your shopping.

SB - good for you on losing the weigh! it makes for a good incentive to keep going.

bear - i wish you strong vibes this weekend of the bands. I'm still pretty protective of my AF quit and probably wouldnt put myself in that situation. But it certainly is doable - stick to your goals and be stubborn. You can do it!

Have a great day all.
            AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

tue 15 sept daily

Morning abbers!

Great start bear! I swear you are amazing with what you have achieved in the circumstances in which you have been.

Boots? Well, I'll be deciding what sandals to wear today. I did finally look on the globe and see that UK is way further north than I had imagined.

Betty I feel your pain. I don't even have encouraging suggestions other than run away. My MIL was like that. 3 fecking weeks! I will send strength vibes!

EO is sick today so I guess I'm nurse at the hole. I had a dream that I came back and he had hired 2 new people and everything was a wreck that I would have to make sense of. And then I needed to return the rental car and when I looked at my car, he had left the top down and it was full of dirty rain water and floating leaves. My sister smiled and said gee, wonder why you would dream something like that? :H

Tonight is a fishing club outdoors pot luck that should be yummy!

Have a good one!
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

tue 15 sept daily

Morning Abbers,

Waking up to a dry, sunny day, thank goodness. I hear the rain will be back tomorrow................

bear & Marshy - I bought boots myself yesterday, isn't that funny? Great minds think alike

Bets, if my MIL had ever visited for 3 weeks, I surely would have run away from home. Or at the very least, jumped off the nearest bridge! Good God, she was an awful person, God rest her soul! I wish you the strength of Hercules

Greenie, I don't interpret dreams but I'd say you're holding a bit of resentment, ha ha. I have realistic, nasty dreams like that myself involving certain people..............

bear, I hope you enjoy hearing your bands! Maybe you can try to zone out a bit & ignore the boozers!

Well, I need to get downstairs to work. Have a great AF Tuesday one & all.
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

tue 15 sept daily

Hi guys,

Quick check in here, busy day at work - have an interview tomorrow for a new position (in the same company - promotion) so wish me luck - I need a change of some kind!

AF again yesterday and had a great sleep so clear headed today. Knowing that I have an interview in the am will keep me AF again tonight.

Have a great one guys!
                  Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                  :h

Comment

tue 15 sept daily

Happy Tuesday ABerooooos!

Bear, this may sound odd but I've found that the crazier the party, often times it's easier for me to stay AF. I noticed this at 'burning man' festival twice now. For one thing there are so many distractions that people don't really notice what the heck you are drinking/not drinking. Also the effects of over-drinking are all around and I'm sure you'll find that a big turn-off and a reminder of what 'not to do'. So eat a nutritious meal and enjoy! and have an exit strategy in case you feel tempted for any unforeseen reason.

Uni, kick butt on the interview! I know you will.

Greeneyes, fishing club? how cool is that. enjoy the pot luck!

well, I'm on the road again. Be in a hotel somewhere in south San Jose CA tonight.

be well,
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

tue 15 sept daily

Hi All,

Day 7 here and I feel good....

Good job Uni....keep up the AF run ODAT....

Have a good day everyone..

Don

Comment

tue 15 sept daily

DG -- a PUPPY!?!? :dog: I can't imagine having 5 dogs, but Schutzhund is very cool and at least Mr Doggie is in charge. Enjoy the puppy for me. I think about a 2nd dog once in a while, but the cat would probably take me to his kill corner. :H

Uni --good luck with the interview, change is good!

Chief - Day 7! You rock, ODAT for sure, you're doing great and I'm thrilled for you.

I finally did it -- I wrote an e-mail saying I can no longer keep the roll of president of a local small non-profit. I agreed to keep treasurer duties (I've been doing both). Elections are in October. It feels so good to have sent the letter. No hard feelings with the group, I'm just tired and need to do less busy, busy, busy and focus on my own well being a little more.

Had thoughts of rewarding myself with a beer but rewarded myself with something even better - seltzer with a twist of lime and then a great AF night's sleep.

Must prep for a meeting, hello to everyone else. Have a great day!

Comment

tue 15 sept daily

aaarrrrhgh! i just lost a really long post where i actually responded to everyone individually....curses!!!

anyway don good for you, s glad you are feeling better...i'm right behind you.

speedster, doesn't it feel great to just do it!

bear, i believe you can do it, det is right, drunks look like fools and you can earn from their (our) weirdness! a plan of attack is a great idea.

well, i'm off to shop too, for groceries...i love grocery shopping...i'm a nerd!

peace!

Comment

tue 15 sept daily

peacenik - I've losts posts as well and know type mine in something else, like Notepad, and then copy it when I'm done. Have fun at the store!

Comment

tue 15 sept daily

Hi everyone,
                              Good going on collective sobriety and coping plans.
                              And Marshy, thanks for the weather/nature update from London. Goodness knows I miss the place!
                              My bootcamp is nearing the end, though, YAY!!! I've had the strangest list of things to do, you couldn't make it up if you tried. My uncle died last week, and I'm still digesting that. Otherwise I'm actually not doing too badly. I've started meeting up with old friends to recharge my batteries, and that's proving a good move. A friend's 4-yr old has just drawn some pretty flowers for me - what more can you ask for?

Comment

Working...
                              X