thu 17 sept af daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thu 17 sept af daily

Hello there - day 33 af and sf for me here.
    I am still feeling anxious in my body/chest - thanks to all who posted help yesterday.

I woke up today and thought of all the positives in my life and am feeling better - tho still got anxious feeling in my chest.

One day at a time I guess needs to be my mantra now - am worrying about future, this weekend, being fat, going back to work next week and the big public meeting the eve of my first day back.

I can change some of these things but not others - maybe I need to re read serenity prayer.
    Good day all to come - I think I may also need some exercise too!
    one day at a time

thu 17 sept af daily

Morning Bear and all to follow,

Exercise will do you a WORLD of good. A lot of times i have to push myself out the door but i am always so happy afterwards. It really improves my moods, anxiety, and puts everything into perspective. Give yourself that gift each day.

Have a great AF day all! I plan to.
    AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

thu 17 sept af daily

Good morning bear73 and all to come! Thank you for the start up, bear.

As far as worrying goes, it doesn't help a thing, so try to let it go. I know that for me worry leads to drink. Well, lots of things do, but worry is up at the top of the list!:H Sometimes it's best to go OMAT (one minute at a time) and just enjoy the present moment. I loved this quote from today's Recovery Readings:

Today is a gift that is why they call it the present.

There is no medical support or recommendation for this that I know of, but when I get that anxious feeling in my chest, sometimes just a couple aspirin help make it go away. Sounds weird, I know, but it's worked for me in the past.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

thu 17 sept af daily

Morning abbers!

bear, thanks for the kick off! The reminder of the serenity prayer is always in order! Have you tried guided meditations? If you google Suzanne Bovenzier, she has a site with meditations and aromatherapy for the chakras with easy to understand explanations. An mstall's suggestion of exercise is excellent.

It is said that what you focus on intensifies it. So focus on the good, the calm, the happy thought. and your vibrational level with match that and attract a higher energy. Remember the list of 5 good qualites a day that you read aloud in front of the mirror?

Off into thursday! A good happy peaceful productive thursday. with cyclefan's squash casserole tonight.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

thu 17 sept af daily

Good morning Abbers,

bear, brew up a cup of chamomile tea, it settles me right down everytime. I'm very familiar with that anxious feeling you get in the chest. I eliminated mine with the herbal stuff, glad it's gone. Deep breaths are helpful too

Mstall, Dill & Greenie - you all have a good day too

I am going to find a productive activity for myself today - I guess it's a Fall cleaning type of day!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

thu 17 sept af daily

top of the morning ABeroooos!

hey, it's early for me, must.....find....starbucks.....

Bear, you're doing great. not sure about this feeling your getting. Ditto what Mstall is saying 'bout the exercise though...I swear it's the magic ingredient for recovery for many of us.

back soonish...maybe. we'll see how busy this tradeshow is.

be well everyone!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

thu 17 sept af daily

Hi Abbers,
              Sounds like lots of good advice about the anxiety. I get it too, Bear...that tightness in the chest. Simply breathing deeply through my nose and blowing it out slowly through my mouth can help, especially if as I do it I tell myself "all is well...you are strong" in sync with the breathing. I've also been experimenting with supplements, like L-theanine, Valerian, Calmes Forte and Gaba Calm. I think they all help to some extent, although it's hard to say what's psychosomatic. I've ordered the Amoryn which Lavande recommended...I'll let you know how that works. I have a prescription for Klonopin, for when I'm anxious or can't sleep, but it makes me too tired to take it during the day. I'm trying to get away from using it, because it's habit forming. Hence the herbal/non-prescription remedies. ANYWAY. I sympathize. And empathize, too.

Day 11 today, and I've had no cravings the last few days.:yay: It feels great. It's a good reason to never go back to drinking again, just to avoid those first awful days of cravings.

I'm off to work. Love and good wishes to all.
              Sara
              "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

thu 17 sept af daily

i know on the site where i ordered amoryn, there is an herbal formula for an anti anxiety supplement as well...might be worth trying?
                i was a worry wort child, but after puberty i have been lucky to be free of too much anxiety...i get depression instead!

well i hope everyone is feeling strong and enjoying these last days of summer (northern hemisphere, that is!). i was up early and out the door for a walk with a friend. this is a big step for me in my adult years to make new friends. since we moved to this small town, i have been quite lonely and alienated, and lately i have opened up and friends are coming my way. we walked 4 miles and a kitten even adopted us and drove my beagles crazy!
                fun time.

enjoy your sober day, i know i am going to!

peace

Comment

thu 17 sept af daily

That's great peace!! Could you elaborate on how you opened up?
                  sigpic

Comment

thu 17 sept af daily

well, people are there but i tended to isolate myself, for example at my kid's school functions i would never hang out and talk with the other parents afterwards. i did that a few times lately and that is how this woman and i started on the topic of walking and decided to go together every thursday a.m
                    when i am drinking i can't make plans like that because who knows how i'd be feeling in the a.m, especially at 7!!!
                    i guess i am feeling more open to people and showing interest and naturally, they respond. i think i used to use excuses about politics and ideals to isolate myself as well. i live in a VERY conservatie area, and i am not conservative, so i felt alienated, but we are all just people and in the mortal words of maude (from the movie harold and maude) i like people, they're my species!

i think over all i am doing the "what i give out i get back sort of karmic thing"!

Comment

thu 17 sept af daily

Love that movie. I got disgruntled over the fishing club and I need to give thought to why I'm not getting what I want. Thanks, that's helpful.
                      sigpic

Comment

thu 17 sept af daily

This is a really nice tune for relaxing/meditation. We've been listening to it during yoga, and my instructor loaned me the cd. If you are interested check out the other songs on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4c1woKwjWw[/video]]YouTube - You can relax now_Shaina Noll
                        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

thu 17 sept af daily

Lovely!
                          sigpic

Comment

thu 17 sept af daily

I mean really lovely. So much of that message seems to be surrounding me now but I'm so ungraceful with it. I always hoped I'd awaken like a water lilly slowly unfolding but I'm like little doggie trying to swim for the first time. Ah well...
                            sigpic

Comment

thu 17 sept af daily

Greenie, I spent the whole afternoon with my probate guy, and it turns out he's really into astrology. So after we were done with the serious stuff, he started telling me about planets in retrograde and also personal experiences of things going well when the time was right. Now, seeing as something whacky has come up for me every other day lately, I really need to know when this Mercury retrograde is going to stop!!

Comment

Working...
                              X