Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Saturday Sept. 19

Good morning all Abbers,

Beautiful day in my neck of the woods, plan to spend as much time outside as possible.

Wishing everyone a great AF day!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

AF Saturday Sept. 19

Hello friends!

Yes, it looks to be another beautiful day here also!

Here's to a sober weekend all!!!!:h
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Saturday Sept. 19

Hello AbLanders! There is a nip of fall in the air especially the last few mornings here. I'm looking forward to the season change so yes - a beautiful day here as well! I will confess to a bit of sadness at the farmers market today knowing there are only a few weeks left. That's one aspect of this summer I'm going to miss.

I can't believe I over slept today! I was a bit restless through the night but woke up this morning and it was 6:45! :egad: I raced around and went late to AA anyway. I'm glad I did - I like my AM friends there. Now I'm heading back out to the gym for some upper body torture. :b&d: This afternoon I think I might start unpacking some fall / winter clothes and putting away some summer stuff. Or maybe I'll just goof off. Who knows.

Tomorrow I go out to the farm where we get our pork and beef to pick up 1/2 a pig. YEAH!!

One thing is for sure. It is WONDERFUL to be UnHung. Sobriety is a gift that you can't buy with money. I'm sure grateful to have that gift today.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Saturday Sept. 19

Hi all - gorgeous here too in DC - hope everyone is doing great - keep racking up the days. DG - love your new puppy pic - is it a german shepherd?

Take care to all who come later in the day.

Comment

AF Saturday Sept. 19

Ahoy AF Mateys!!!!!!

Lavande, thanks for the nice start.

DG, the puppy is toooooo cute! OMG, you people are killing me with your darling doggies. sniff sniff. i must live vicariously through you people that are owned by pets. (silly to think we could own THEM).

well, I'm so happy to be home. Home! Home! Home! Home! Home! slept in this morning, and lazing about. will crank out some exercise, then zip up to the north valleys to watch the Blue Angels!!!! they are here in Reno for the air show. What could be a more patriotic celebration than saluting those brave young warriors.

and tonight is UFC fight night, which I can actually meet friends for since I'm not boozing anymore. I used to have to watch the fights alone at home. lame!

ok friends, live your moment

and be well
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Saturday Sept. 19

Hey Gang,

Nice posts all around! We had a gorgeous day in New England and spent lots of time outdoors, with the kids and the dog. I've been doing well...Day 13 for me today. I lost it a little around dinner time tonight. My husband has really been getting on my nerves, and without alcohol in me, I swear he annoys me more. I guess it will be good for us, to have to deal with our differences instead of my just drinking wine to try and tune him out. It's a challenge, though. I don't really feel ready to "deal" with him. I just need to focus on not drinking for now.

I made it through the yucky feelings, and now it's time for "movie night" at our house. I'm off to watch an old Sherlock Holmes movie with Hubby and kids. See you all tomorrow. Sara
            "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

AF Saturday Sept. 19

Realized today that watching the Huskers play football is a pretty big trigger for me. Food, friends, fun, beer. It wasn't hard at all though today. It is just so much easier and fun, actually, not drinking alcohol. No worries about driving, being available for kid stuff, passing out at 6 pm because the party started at noon. Nope, not a problem.
              (Although the game today would drive most anyone to drink!!) :H:H

Much happier being a non-drinker. I like to keep them guessing with my frosty mug of NA beer, tomato juice and green olives though.
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Saturday Sept. 19

Stopping in one more time today

Everyone sounds good, that's nice! I love happy company!

Sara, by all means, focus on yourself right now! I know exactly what you're talking about with the husband thing....... I used wine to tune mine out too. Now that I'm nearly 6 months AF, I'm calling him on all of his nasty habits & traits. He's been walking on egg shell, doing a lot of hiding, ha ha. Someday he'll have to face the fact that he has problems too........

LVT, you are coming up on your 1 year AF aren't you? That's fantastic, you must be happy & proud

Hi to DG, DogLvr & Deter, hope you are well!

I'm calling it a day, see you all in the AM
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                X