Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Wednesday 9-23

Morning Abbers!!

I"m happy to report that my left foot is 80% better. Apparently i sprained my plantar facia tendon (sp!) on that walk 10 days ago. I've been stretching and rolling a frozen water bottle under my foot at work and the difference is amazing!!

I should be back to walking the pup by next week! I also have arch supports to take the pressure off my heel and that allows me to be Advil-free all day.

anyway..back to the matter at hand. Day 47 and still sober! someone pinch me!

here's to a great Hump Day Wednesday. Hope you all have a wonderful one.
    AF/SF - November 23, 2014

AF Daily Wednesday 9-23

Mstall,

Very glad to hear your foot is finally on the mend. Pain can be very aggravating and I hate taking meds, too.

Huge pinch coming your way on your 47 days. You are rocking and a rolling. Reading your story and others here really helps me stay on track, too.

I am sober today, too, after a very rough day yesterday and the knowledge of many rough days to come. However, I am finally grounded in the realization that a drink (or in my case many, many drinks) would not make the situation any better and very much make the situation worse.

I also found out that serious emotional upheaval can be dealt with sober. That was a huge step for me. It didn't kill me.

Thank you all for being here and keep on sharing. Your stories are helping me to heal, too.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Daily Wednesday 9-23

Good morning Ablanders!

MStall... just a sec, lemme grab the pliers! :H How are you feeling?
      I'm right behind ya.. day 46 here. Not sure, every day is a good day.. but it sure beats the last few years.

Cinders... congrats for dealing with difficult stuff head on (and clear). I hope that the future rough days are few in number and low on the rough scale.

Hope you and all to come have a peaceful AF day :l
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

AF Daily Wednesday 9-23

Hello all - good but another busy crazy day at work today, expecting truly rubbish day tomorrow v media nonsense but will see, it may just go ok.
        Well day 39 here - never ever dreamed that I would get this far/want to carry on after 30 days.
        Feeling much better in general, bit nervous about switch from prozac to cipramil as i knw people who have had probs - mind you we're all different so I can't compare - if it doesn't work/I'll change back.
        Lazy eve tonight - getting a cold so I'm just not feeling like exercising at the moment.
        Anyway, last day in work this week tomorrow, good evening all and all to come x
        one day at a time

Comment

AF Daily Wednesday 9-23

Hello AbLanders! Mstall, congrats on 47 UnHung days!! :yougo: Also glad to hear the foot is improving. Thanks for getting things going for us today.

Cinders, I'm sorry you had a bad day and I hope things improve soon. But what a wonderful thing that you are proving to yourself that you can handle life on life's terms without hiding in the bottle. That is awesome. If you can, maybe I can too. I love the sharing here!

Sunshine, congrats on 46 UnHungOnes for you!! :yougo::yougo:

And :yougo: Bear on 39! You guys are ROCKIN' IT!! YEAH!! I hope you feel better after a restful evening.

Yesterday was 16 months for me. In some ways it feels like a long time. And then in other ways I still feel really new at this. I suppose my project for 2010 needs to be to get over this dread/fear/hatred/whatever of going to drinking events. I just don't ever want to go but sometimes I have to for legitimate business or social reasons. It would be much better for my mind if I could learn to relax and enjoy myself sober rather than feel resentful for having to be around AL. Always another bridge to cross on this journey!

Mr. D and I were thinking about going camping this coming weekend but I decided I'd rather have a relaxing weekend at home with the creature comforts of a house (instead of a camper LOL - no pup tenting for me please!). I don't feel like scrubbing the floors, toilets, etc. in the camper to get it ready to go! Looks like there is another dog training weekend coming up in October so maybe I'll go along on that adventure and get my end of year camping fix too.

Nothin' much going on here this afternoon - definitely no drinking goin' on that's for sure! Have a great one all...

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Wednesday 9-23

DG,,, I think you should go camping. Parenting is about to begin.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily Wednesday 9-23

greeneyes;721180 wrote: DG,,, I think you should go camping. Parenting is about to begin.
              That's sort of why I am thinking about going camping by myself in...say...another 10 days or so. :H Well, not totally by myself. I'll bring the Beagle along.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Wednesday 9-23

Hi abbers, I am pleased that I have managed another sober day, I'm going camping this weekend, thats if caravans count as camping. Well done everybody on your achievements.

Comment

AF Daily Wednesday 9-23

Good evening Abbers,

Wow, I am smiling big time looking at the AF time piling up around here Congrats to each & every one of you for your hard work & dedication. Saturday will be 6 months for me, I am truly grateful and so proud to be a part of this wonderful community. My life is not perfect but oh so much better now

Wishing everyone a good evening, see you all tomorrow.
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily Wednesday 9-23

happy (yawn) evening ABland! typing from hotel room yet again. Been another big day, but home tomorrow.

Cindi xxxxxx hon.

Paula, congrats to you! hey, I know some folks that think staying at the 'four seasons' in Maui is camping

ok, I'm off to check chat

be well
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily Wednesday 9-23

Hi all - great news on this site!! I had a business dinner tonight and was very afraid I was going to crack - I really wanted a drink - but I kept telling myself that I would be the designated driver...
                      It worked!! Another day for me.

Have a great day!

Comment

Working...
                      X