Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF daily - Friday September 25th

Rise and shine abbers!

Beautiful sunny morning here. I was hoping for a lie-in as I'm not working until this afternoon but was woken up by the bin men (garbage collectors) at 6.30am. There was a lovely sunrise though, and I got up and took some pictures of it. Was going to post one here but... well, I really MUST look into doing a photography course so I can take some decent pics! :H I've looked into a few courses but they are fairly expensive... although there's always the justification that I'm not spending the money on booze.

Have a splendid day everyone!
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Marshy,

So sad the garbage collectors woke you up. It seems whenever I have a chance to sleep in, I can't.

The sun isn't up here yet.

I have a lot of work to do today and then must get ready for kiddos coming over this weekend. Even sober, I waste so much time not doing the things I should be doing. Like posting here when I should be rewriting the slides for the client presentation this afternoon.

Okay, I'm off to do my "real" work.

I hope all to come have a very pleasant, sober Friday.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

TGIF AbLanders! Marshy thanks for getting us started. I too keep looking at photography courses as I desparately need one, but for various reasons have not "jumped" thus far. I wish you could share that sunrise you saw! Forever more when I see the garbage trucks I will think "bin men." I love the new words and phrases I learn here. The bin men in my area usually look stabby.

Cindi I'm with you needing to get better about prioritizing things and getting things done in the order of priority and not the order of "what I feel like doing at the moment!" Somehow though it all gets done a lot more effectively these days than when drunk. Have a fun weekend with the kiddos and have a good presentation this afternoon!

I am getting ready to leave for leads group. The sun is not fully up yet but it looks like another cloudy day here. We shall see what all the day brings! One thing is for sure - there will be zero drinking of alcohol for me today.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

There exists only the present instant... a Now which always and without end is itself new. There is no yesterday nor any tomorrow, but only Now, as it was a thousand years ago and as it will be a thousand years hence.
        Meister Eckhart

Meister Eckhart Quotes

Well, right NOW it is gloomy outside and I am trying to get motivated for the day!

Hi Marshy, thanks for the kick start! Hi Cinders! I seem to be able to fill my time much the same way as you!

Off I go, and now I have to really hurry or I'll be late!!! (Enjoying the NOW a bit too long this morning!)
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Morning abbers!

Marshy I took a photo course at a local technical college that wasn't too terribly expensive.

Cindi, geez your avatar threw me! Sometimes I snort about my time mismanagement, but have yet to figure it out. However!!!! Along those lines, the making dinner in the AM approach was good! I'm wanting to arrange it so I can go to the doggie park and eat well and at a reasonable time.

So adios for now. HAve a good one!

Hi DG & dill
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi, DG, cross-post! Good to see you!
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

And Greenie too!!
              Dill

Comment

Morning Abbers!

after not sleeping well last night, i'm rushing to get ready for work and get the work-day over with. yay Friday!

I will have a laid back evening tonight except maybe a short walk for the old dog.

my left foot was officially diagnosed as a plantar facia sprain. i guess it takes about 6 weeks to heal. but i've been doing exercises and stretches and i wear arch supports in my flats and that has helped IMMENSELY!

Looking forward to a nice sober weekend, if Fall would just show up, it would be perfect.
                AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Marshy, Cindi, DG, Greenie, Dill, Mstall, you all sound great this morning
                  I'm so happy to be here & part of this group!

All the talk about photography has me laughing. I leave the picture taking to everyone else, for the most part. I think I'm just too lazy to bother, ha ha.
                  Mstall, glad to hear your foot is on the mend, don't overdue it!

Looking forward to waking up tomorrow morning 6 months AF! It's shocking to realize that I've come so far. I joined MWO hoping I would learn to become a moderate drinker but after the first 30 AF days I changed my mind. I just wasn't willing to give it a try, and I'm still not! So, I want to thank all of you for extending your hands to help me get to this point. I am happy & eternally grateful to all of you

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Friday!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

It is so foggy here I don't have internet except my phone. I really am addicted to MWO and facebook.
                    I passed the hunter education course and so did my son. It is basically a gun safety and ethical hunting class required to obtain hunting permits. Since I am a leader of our 4-h shooting sports club, we decided it was about time I took this course. I'm not into hunting myself, but think it is important to know what you're doing safely when handling firearms.
                    More kids football for me this weekend. And then to. A friends house dot the husker game. It is hubby and my 17th anniversary this weekend and also my one year of sobriety Sunday!
                    Have a great weekend all!
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hi guys,

Day 6 here - sleeping great but I am beginning to think the EB virus is reactivating in me. I can't shake this cold and even though I'm sleeping I feel like a walking zombie. I know they say the virus can stay in your system for months and even years. I just don't have time to be sick.....I think I'm going to leave work early and go home to plug in and just do paperwork. I'm just incredibly frustrated cause I'm not drinking, I'm sleeping and I still feel like absolute hell.

sorry just frustrated! Sick of feeling sick!
                      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                      :h

Comment

Hi everybody, great to be here. Going camping this weekend. Hope you all have a good weekend.
                        Cheer up Uni, it does get better.

Comment

Uni, I'm worried about you. I think you do too much for others and too little for yourself. You body seems to be trying to get a message to you. Maybe it doesn't want to be sick, it just wants the time you won't give it. I wish I could kidnap you for a couple weeks.
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Oh greeny, I wish you could kidnap me for a couple of weeks too! I am taking Sunday completely off - going to do some studying and just veg on the couch all day. BF will be playing ball and daughter is at her dads - looking forward to that.
                            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                            :h

Comment

Hugs, Uni. My brother and his wife had EB a few years ago. It took them both a long time to get over it.

But, over it they did!!

Please take care of yourself and do as your doctors ordered.

Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X