Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Saturday,9/26

Morning abbers!!

Wow, went out to get the paper and its quite cool and breezy after last night's rain! There is a little annual festival (it's about okra :H) up the street and I like to browse the vendor booths for Christmas presents. It'll be nice that it's cooler.

Lavande CONGRATULATIONS on your 6 months and happy anniversary too!

Have a happy Saturday all!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

AF Daily - Saturday,9/26

Good morning Greenie, and all to come! Big Congrats to you Lav!!!

Okra festival? Hmmm. I'm not a fan of okra, so it's hard for me to imagine a festival around it! This is the weekend for festivals around here. We have "Old Timers" (farm machines and tractors), Settlers (frontier living) and a chocolate festival. I'm headed to the Old Timers. I like seeing those old time farm machines fired up.

Hope everyone has a great AF day!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday,9/26

dill, you listed the chocolate festival last?? Whasssa matter with you??? :H:H:H

I love okra. Guess what's for breakfast? Really, it starts at 9 and I'm going to go eat fried okra and run through the vendors. It's drizzling so this is very hard for me. I don't do rain.
      sigpic

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday,9/26

Good morning, Abbers,

I woke up this morning at 6:30 a.m.!! Yee Haw!! An entire night's sleep. It is wonderful.

Grandkids are up and about, each doing their own thing.

I, for one, love okra. Southern girl here. I never learned how to fry it well, though. I always end up with big clumps of okra stuck together. Pickled okra is good and of course in stews, etc.

Let me see, Old Timers, Settlers and Chocolate. I am afraid I would find my car heading towards the chocolate festival. :H

I see another sober day in front of me. I only have the occasional desires now and again. All mental, of course, and each day I stay sober through those, I learn new ways to get past them. It is so nice to be able to wake up feeling good and not physically and spiritually sick. The future has so many more possibilities than it did before.

I hope you have a wonderful 6th month celebration today, Lavande. You have been such a blessing here. Thank you.

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday,9/26

Happy Saturday morning Abbers ,

I'm up, clear headed & as happy as can be
          Can't believe 6 months has gone by already!
          Thank you everyone for your kind words, you are all my best friends

I'm off to the Apple Festival myself today, hope they have some chocolate there, doubt there will be any okra, ha ha.

Have a fabulous AF day everyone, I love you all
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday,9/26

Morning Abbers!

Wow! all kinds of festivals going on. wish there was something happening near me! i love all kinds of food, okra, apples, pickles, chocolate...

and speaking of food, i will be grocery shopping today and i'm going to find a wonderful recipe that i havent tried before and give that a go tonight. I love cooking and especially now that i have the time and energy being i'm not wasting it drinking.

congrats again Lavande!! 6 months is GREAT! I know how good i feel at 49 days, i cant imagine 6 months!

Happy Sober Saturday all!
            AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday,9/26

Good for you lavande! I also really enjoy your posts. I want to come with all you guys to these festivals! I love okra (although it seems weird to celebrate it) I love old timers stuff (antiques) farming, apples and especially chocolate!! It seems Like all of the celebrations around here revolve around parades and beer.
              Hubby gave me a yellow rose for our anniversary this morning. Pretty sweet at times!
              More football is what is on my agenda for today. Sat with some friends at the high school game that were drinking and smoking. I can have fun without it. That's what matters right now.
              Enjoy your weekends!
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday,9/26

Hi guys!

I was also up early and got a lot of work done around the house. I am headed out to close the trailer today (sad) and then coming back to try to unpack a little and organize, have a nap and then heading over to a friends house for a house warming party though. Not worried though as she bought me some AF beer for the party tonight (I have really great friends that are supportive of my not drinking!)

Still feeling stuffy and tired and looking forward to a really relaxing day tomorrow with no plans except the inlaws coming over for dinner and I am putting a roast in the crockpot for that so no hard labour for me tomorrow! Going to read, study and just veg. Looking forward to it.

Hope everyone enjoys all of their festivals today and Mstall, sounds yummy, what time is dinner! LOL

Have a great AF day everyone.
                Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                :h

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday,9/26

Cinders;723311 wrote: I woke up this morning at 6:30 a.m.!! Yee Haw!! An entire night's sleep. It is wonderful.
                  :H:H That's HALF a night's sleep for me. I was up at that time for work this morning though

Okra - I always associate with Indian or Jamaican food, I suppose because they're the only dishes it's used in here (I think).

Enjoy your festivals everyone. I'll enjoy my work (when it's over)
                  sigpic
                  AF since December 22nd 2008
                  Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday,9/26

Happy Saturday ABenators far and wide!

Okra festival? how cool! I'd prefer that over the one in town at the moment. we are currently having 'street vibrations' which is a HUGE motorcycle show/ride/festival. driving is a bit nutso as you can imagine so I'm staying home, or close to home today.

last night I whipped out a nice light summery 'Italian tuna carpaccio" as seen below. Lighting wasn't quite right but you get the idea.
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday,9/26

Good Afternoon All,

Back from a 3 week vacation.

Det-We drove around Fresno on 180. Just one question...is there such a thing as a speed limit out west? I wasn't sure if the objects passing me were cars or low flying airplanes! :H Of course I live in small town USA where the speed limit is 35 mph on main street. You dinner looks "happy" Is it easy to make?

Lav-Congrats on 6 months!! You are an inspiration.

Okay everyone, I have a James Dean festival and a Duck Tail Run going on here. About 4,000 people bring there old cars to town for the week end. I don't have any okra or chocolate but I am going to have a big tenderloin and an apple dumpling for dinner.

Hope everyone is enjoying there varies festivities
                      AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday,9/26

det, what are the little balls? They look like okra innards.
                        sigpic

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday,9/26

Good evening Abbers,

I had a nice time at the Apple Festival today - everything apple
                          It was a nice way to celebrate, for sure

Deter, you sure do have some interesting looking meals......are you a part time chef, food critic or the like?
                          Hey Lil, hope you enjoyed that tenderloin!
                          Greenie - okra innards? I was thinking maybe that baby pasta acini de peppe(sp)

Well, I'm just plain old tired now - did a lot of walking out in nice weather today.
                          Looking forward to waking up tomorrow to begin the 2nd half of my AF year.

Have a great AF evening one & all!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday,9/26

Hey Abbers!

Life feels good. I have a lot of new-found energy, and I love it! I've hardly had a thought of drinking for days. I've been wondering how long I should keep taking L-Glut and Kudzu. I guess it would be foolhardy to give it up too soon, but I'm curious about how to what extent it's the supps that are keeping cravings at bay.

Be well everyone!
                            Sara
                            "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday,9/26

Sara, glad your happy and well. My suggestion is to take the L Glutamine forever as recommended by many sports trainers as well as folks on the site for cravings. it's absolutely harmless and beneficial in many ways. for the Kudzu I'm not as familiar with it.

Lavande, right you are! acini de peppe! it's like pasta...only smaller LOL

chef? oh no. I'm just a nut with a kitchen Im a guy that has good taste in food and I like to eat at home, so i had to learn to cook. the cool part is that I love to cook! it's really fun so i cook for my lovely Dx every night. I cook, she cleans....everyone is happy.

I'll post it in the recipe section, and yes Lilmea it's super simple and a great dish for entertaining. Fresno traffic? yeah, folks there are in a big hurry to get either north to Sacramento or down to LA it seems.

off to recipe section.....
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X