Go to Page...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

#1 (permalink) Today, 01:34 PM
    irish eyes
    Senior Member Join Date: Dec 2008
    Gallery: 0
    My Mood:

One day at a time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To day offers me a chance to make a new start at living. How can I make the best of it? I will remind myself that to day is precious and I will make it count. I have twenty four hours to spend and I will use it to make positive changes. I do have choices how I spend these 24 hours. I can choose to drink during these hours, it will have consequences for my health and wellbeing. Alternatively, I can make a choice to use these hours to enrich my life, to grow, enjoy and improve. During this twenty four hours I even have the opportunity to learn from my mistakes, since a brand new twenty four hours can begin at any moment. There is so much to appreciate in this life, I wont waste another moment feeling sorry for myself. I dont want to miss any more of the wonderful opportunities available to me to live, grow and enjoy. Just for today I choose to be sober and happy.

#2 (permalink) Today, 01:43 PM
    startingover
    My Mood:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do too.
    Thank you Irish.

#3 (permalink) Today, 01:51 PM
    limers
    here comes trouble...
    My Mood:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by irish eyes
    To day offers me a chance to make a new start at living. How can I make the best of it? I will remind myself that to day is precious and I will make it count. I have twenty four hours to spend and I will use it to make positive changes. I do have choices how I spend these 24 hours. I can choose to drink during these hours, it will have consequences for my health and wellbeing. Alternatively, I can make a choice to use these hours to enrich my life, to grow, enjoy and improve. During this twenty four hours I even have the opportunity to learn from my mistakes, since a brand new twenty four hours can begin at any moment. There is so much to appreciate in this life, I wont waste another moment feeling sorry for myself. I dont want to miss any more of the wonderful opportunities available to me to live, grow and enjoy. Just for today I choose to be sober and happy.

here , here, I agree, not another day will set with me poisoning myself with that shit again, I owe it too myself! I have actually cut out a Kate Moss pic in jeans and a nice top and lovly boots and I am going to look as good as her for my 40th...(do I hear ) ok, I know im not going to look exactly like her, nor do I want to
    but I will look as good as Limey can look and im using her as positive visualisation, I will be darned if im not one hot 40 yr old in 11 weeks.!
    Thanks Irish, keep em coming, I need my wise words from Irish every day to keep the focus..

#4 (permalink) Today, 01:54 PM
    one2many
    My Mood:

I love this post Irish...

Simple yet powerful enough to make me stick to my guns...

I think you should put all of your wonderful posts in the tool thread....Have them all in one place for everyone to be able to access when they are feeling iffy..

YOU ROCK IRISH!

#5 (permalink) Today, 02:01 PM
    irish eyes
    Senior Member Join Date: Dec 2008
    My Mood:

Thanks Oney, you are always so complimentary. I dont know how to put them into a tool thread???

#6 (permalink) Today, 02:08 PM
    one2many
    My Mood:

Just copy and paste them into the tool thread which is located in the Monthly Abstinance section.

I think a lot of people could really benefit from your wisdom...I know I have..

? Previous Thread | Next Thread ?

vB

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Working...
X