Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF daily - Thursday October 22nd

Hello everyone,

Sunny and crisp here this morning. Nice!

Nothing to report - just getting the thread up and running.

From yesterday:
    Gold - I think many of us would relate to what you said about thinking about drinking before doing it. Setting ourselves up to drink. I did that last December after 8.5 months AF. I saw Christmas decorations up in a shop (John Lewis to be precise!) and my brain went "ting! ting! Christmas = booze". It was another three weeks before I drank but now I know the thought was festering away since it first popped up.
    It's a learning experience, isn't it?

DG - I trust you survived the bar with flying colours

Peace - $24 bottle of wine! I was always more of a quantity over quality woman It's good that you can talk to your daughter about it, though, AND pour it down the sink. How did the birthday bash go?

Greenie - how are you feeling today?
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Ugg. Scares me every time that avatar pops up. I'm a natural blonde, really, with perfect vision.
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Oh, Marshy, you imposter you! I, on the other hand, AM a natural blonde though my vision is getting crankier by the day.

Hi to all. Not marking, but running. Have a lovely day!

Comment

Going for Day 2 AF here. Lurking around MWO and learning a lot. Rewatched The Human Emotion series on YouTube last nite and it helped a lot.

Understanding spouse is a real blessing.

Com
        Com1

Comment

morning abbers!

I feel a bit better every day. Not pushing through emotions or holding on to them - just going with the flow. Going to the fair helped. I find screaming on rides is very cathartic.

Have a good one!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi,
            I'm new at this moderation thing! It's only the second time I've been serious about trying to cut down - or actually to cut it out, but it strikes me that as well as having a plan to succeed we also need to have a plan to fail. By that I mean we should never underestimate the power and strength of our dependence. I'm only getting aquainted with mine right now on day 6 AF.
            As you say Marshy-the thought that started you driniig was planted 3 weeks before you gave in to it but there was an unconscious trigger going on with the Christmas decorations.
            I think we can learn so much for each others experiences. Though we're all unique - or another level where AL is concerned we're all the same. I could really identify with the Christmas decorations thing. From early childhood it's been a time of indulgence and enjoyment.
            Personally I'd love to hear more about what triggers everyone, so that if I am tempted again, I can go read it ....and then procrastinate for a few weeks more of course!!
            Keep on keeping on

Comment

Day 4 - feel good today, amazed I sleep ok this week, was bracing for horror nights. Tomorrow will be interesting, (first AF Friday) but focusing on goals, I will keep going.
              I have put alot of time and thought into creating my future goals this week, it's been so draining mentally. Today I don't feel drained. Oh, and I am not snoring anywhere near like I have been for the past lifetime. Much to DH delight. So signs of good things to come...

Comment

Greeneyes, please tell me how to change the words "Senior Member" to something else!
                Thanks!
                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Running late this morning, no reason!! Just feeling happily lazy

Thanks for waking us up Marshy! When I look at your pic I think I'm looking at myself.....no kidding, we're not bad looking for a couple of 50 somethings

Hi Pam, I was blonde as a kid. My hair got darker & darker as I aged until the gray hair started - yikes!

Greenie, glad you're mood is improving! If you like screaming - do you have a basement or other private place you can go for a little scream therapy each day??? Ha, ha.

Suni, congrats of your 6 AF days! That's terrific, feels good, doesn't it? I know, in my case, lonliness, self pity & resentment are huge triggers. I have spent months doing everything I can to get the upper hand - I'm winning!

Leelou, congrats on your 4 AF days! Good job! Making a Friday plan is a great idea. Find something to do, some place to go where alcohol will not be present! Even if it means going straight home from with a rented movie & bag of popcorn......who cares? At least you'll be safe & not pressured or tempted to drink. It's worth it

Well, have a great AF day one & all.
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi LVT,
                    I'm pround to be a Senior (in this case anyway)
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

LVT you have to be a subscriber to write stuff there. Or you can go back and delete a bunch of posts and you become "member" again. Photo is pure cuteness! Love the "do".

Lavand, in the closet with a towel works, but it's the thrilling ride scream that takes about a year of stress off your back. The combo of thrill and fear scream is the BOMB!!! When you step off with wobbly legs and hope you didn't tee-tee. :H
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi all,

Just a quick run by as I read back through some threads.

I am back on the wagon and more determined than ever to stay AF.

On day 8 here and glad to be here.

Greenie, sending hugs. Sorry I haven't been answering my cell phone. I was in a dark, dark place and when I get there, I go off by myself like a wounded animal. I am back, though, taking my Baclofen, working AA vigorously and grateful to be alive again. So, I am now able to send love and hugs to you and hope your days get brighter and brighter now that you are finally through such a huge milestone in your life. I am sure you are a bit adrift right now but you will find a good place to anchor and fish.

Love to all,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

marshy...MORNIN'...i spet 24 dollarson a bottle with the rationale that if i am going to drink something, it should be "good". nothing is that good, right!?

suni...welcome! we try to abstain here...some are further along than others...as you can see, i slipped a little bit the the other day, but feel firmly planted again.

greenie.. screaming on a ride seems alot more fun than punching a pillow! primal scream therapy!

com...welcome!

lv, you crack me up!

leelou...things are on the upswing for you! congrats!

lav...happily lazy is my midde name!

i'm off to jump on our mini trampoline and run on the dreadmill, then it's off to walk the dogs...poor buddies haven't been on a proper walk in days because of rain!

xo
                          peace

Comment

hi cindi...good to hear you are on the upswing!

Comment

Thanks, Greenie, at least I feel better knowing there was a reason I couldn't figure it out. I am really enjoying your outfit changes and totally jealous I cannot compete! :H

Cindi--so glad you're back! And that you never give up! I know you can do this!

Today I am watching a friend's baby. Joy!

Better go make sure he is still breathing!!:h
                              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                              X