Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Friday 10/23

Tough Friday!

Hi all, Fri was a rollercoaster day, but I managed to stay AF. (proud of that, Fridays were hard for me on a good day). AF Day 5 wow!
    Had a really really difficult time with DH, and I was so very emotional. Not like normal, not whiney, but angry, so angry, hurt, and really pissed off.
    I know Im fairly new here, but if you all dont mind, if I log on, and no thread yet... I am going to say hello world and wake you all up! Especially if I need to vent.

Comment

AF Daily Friday 10/23

LeeLou,

You are more than welcome on this thread and please vent away. It is so much better than drinking to deal with those feelings. We have done that long enough.

Now let's try something else.

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Daily Friday 10/23

Leelou, I'm with Cindi! Vent away! I used to bury all my emotions under huge fat layers of alcohol. So when I first got sober (and I still work on it today!) it was like dealing with a broken dam of emotional flooding. I think that is very normal (and uncomfortable at first!) for many of us. I hope your husband will be understanding that these emotions are a normal part of getting sober, and that he will listen and talk with you about it.

:yougo: on Day 5 AF, and getting through Friday. That is AWESOME progress!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
        X