Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Tuesday, 3rd Nov 09

Goodmorning everyone,

Hope this Tuesday welcomes you with positive mystery and happy moments.
    It's our biggest horse race here today, the Melbourne Cup! I would normally have bubbles at some stage, but not today. I won't have a sore head tomorrow either!
    I have missed posting for a few days, busy, but i have been reading all your posts, thank you everyone as it helps to read them when you need to keep on track.
    I have run out of tea! Need to stock up! Might get a carton!
    Happy Tuesday everyone, remember to forgive yourself if you step backwards, feeling guilty of our past or failures just wastes our energy we need to take control of our lives and beat AF.

AF Tuesday, 3rd Nov 09

I'm still in Monday but I can't wait for Tuesday now - especially knowing it's horse race day for you. I love the Kentucky Derby here. I've never been in person but would love to go someday. No mint juleps (sp) for me though!!

See you on the flip side! Have fun AF for race day.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Tuesday, 3rd Nov 09

Leelou;749441 wrote: I would normally have bubbles at some stage, but not today.
      Fizzy elderflower! Delicious!
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Tuesday, 3rd Nov 09

Hello in AbLand!! I suppose the big race is over by now given our 'round the clock and 'round the world audience here!!

Marshy, whatever that Elderberry thing is sounds good. What is it?

Hi also to Greenie and Kate and LVT and LAV and anyone I missed on the other thread!

I'm hummin' right along today. AA, check. Leads group, check. Workout with personal torturer, check. (and it was a good one!) I need to either get some office stuff caught up (Greenie, I'm mighty jealous!) or go out to the garden and see what's happening in the brussel sprout patch or go to Trader Joes. Haven't decided yet. But it sure is great to have options, and to be SOBER so I can get in the car and go and do whatever I decide.

Have a great day all!!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Tuesday, 3rd Nov 09

Doggygirl;749945 wrote:
          Marshy, whatever that Elderberry thing is sounds good. What is it?
          Elderflower Presse from Real Food Direct

Too much sugar in it for you, madam!

Leelou - did you win anything on the race?

Lazy day for me today. Went to gym and then was going to do a bit of window shopping in central London but the Christmas lights were due to be turned on (by Jim Carrey, gawd knows why), and there were just too many people milling about waiting for that to happen. I need SPACE to shop!
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Tuesday, 3rd Nov 09

Well, no bubbles, no win on the horsies, but a good day and no headache afterwards!

Comment

AF Tuesday, 3rd Nov 09

AHHH. Life is good.

Well, no bubbles, no win on the horsies, but a good day and no headache afterwards!
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Tuesday, 3rd Nov 09

Just a quick check in--I need it. I get to see my oldest daughter play ball tonight, so hopefully she does well. She'll play the best she can and that's all that is needed. I hope everyone is doing well. I'll keep my "down" thoughts to myself at this point, but appreciate the "the ears that listen" when I do share them.

Comment

AF Tuesday, 3rd Nov 09

Good to see you maslow! Do not be afraid to share when you need to whether it's up or down. Isolation was part of the problem for many of us - certainly for me. And I still have trouble communicating down stuff. But it's important to connect I think.

Mean time, I hope you have fun tonight and I love your attitude about your daughter!

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Tuesday, 3rd Nov 09

Happy Tuesday afternoon AB-loves far and wide!!!!

horse racing, elderberries, brussel sprouts....seems like a heck of a day so far

I'm dead beat from a super butt kicking workout last night but I don't regret a bit of it (except for another groin kick) must start wearing that cup......

there is a regional K9 trials in north CA this Friday and Sat so I'll be working the field and hanging out with the dogs and getting paid for it! woof woof!

it's interesting how exercise and drinking are exactly opposite:

it's easy to get started drinking.....but always regrettable.

on the other hand it's hard to get started exercising but we always feel proud afterwords.

hmmmmmm

be well
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Tuesday, 3rd Nov 09

Det....interesting analogy between exercise and drinking! So true....so true!
                      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

AF Tuesday, 3rd Nov 09

hi guys....

hope everyone is well...i'm doing better. had a good talk with my husband (who is out of town for a week) and he is so supportive. i sure do love that man of mine!

xo

peace

Comment

Working...
                        X