Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF - Hello Wednesday, 4th November

Hello Abba dabba doo's

Wednesday here - HOT, blue skies and busy.
    Hope you all have a good day...

Hi Leelou & all to come,

Sunny, blue skies, CHILLY here.
    Off to get my hair cut.
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Happy Humpday, the sun is out, temp just above freezing
      Thanks for getting us started Leelou!
      Hi Marshy, a hair cut sounds like a good idea - I need one too!

Had plans for today but they've all changed so I'm free - think I'll pull out the project list & pick one

Have a great AF day everyone!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning abbers!

Thanks leelou! Sorry about yesterday, I though I looked thoroughly! Apparently not....

It's haircut day! Yay!!!!! I am desperate, but it's my own fault since I cut my own hair. I just hate it when I have to blame myself. Hate it, I tell you! :H

Well I got banned from the hole yesterday. I wasn't even there. I got the "Don't come in until I call you". I've never been on call. Makes me feel rather important which I doubt was the desired effect. :H::H Guess I'll rake gumballs in a bit and cut my hair.

Have a happy day. A happy life is just a bunch of happy days strung together, you know!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi Everyone, Is this a daily thread that I could join in on? I am basically starting over
          trying to be AF and would love a place to touch base with. Seems like starting with a
          goal of 30 days would be good. Thanks, Aquamarine
          NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
          AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

aaaarrrgh! just lost a long post!!!

anyway, welcome aqua!
            greenie, you are hilarious...
            marshy, what is this "haircut" of which you speak!!?? it's been over a year since i had one of those!

we are supposed to be in the 50's today and 70's tomorrow! summer has returned after out blizzard lst week! WOOHOO...dog walks galore!

i know i will not drink today and i know i will feel good again!!

peace

Comment

Good Morning Abbers!

Busy day already! I am grateful that my business is doing so well, but, boy, oh, boy, I am looking forward to taking a week of vacation between Xmas and New Years!! How in the hell did I ever work like this when I was drinking???!!!

Like Peacenik....Indian summer is here, weather is beautiful, the snow is nearly melted!!

Welcome to Aqua!

Have a glorious day All!
              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Haircuts done everyone? :H Apart from Peacenik, you rebel.

Greenie, how can you cut your own hair? I cut mine once when I was, um, rather worse for wear and ended up looking like a crazy woman. (Bought some more essential oil today - orange, supposedly "uplifting".)

Aquamarine :welcome: It is indeed a daily thread and a good place to touch base. Jump in!
                sigpic
                AF since December 22nd 2008
                Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Good Morning Everyone :l

Beautiful day out there , I'm getting a late start , plan on taking a long walk this afternoon and meeting some friends for an early dinner , then , of course , watching the Laker game. Just had my hair cut&colored last week , so I'm good for another 6 weeks

Stay well , cya all alittle later :l Em
                  Non Drinker 9/09
                  Non Smoker 6/09
                  Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Marshy;750470 wrote:
                    Greenie, how can you cut your own hair? I cut mine once when I was, um, rather worse for wear and ended up looking like a crazy woman.

(Bought some more essential oil today - orange, supposedly "uplifting".)
                    I don't mind looking like a crazy woman I guess. Fits. :H

Yes, it is! Refreshes the mind and raises the spirit.
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Late start for me..

I must be on the other side of the world...raining and cool.

Good news is it means we're not able to clean out the garage!!! yippie!!
                      So wasn't into doing that today.

Instead it's a Fall Cleaning day on the inside of the house. Smelling quite fresh in here now.

Have a happy day,
                      DLA
                      Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
                      Sir Walter Scott
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

ACKKK!!!! Google Chrome does not give you a warning if you go to close the whole thing down and that is not what you intend. So lost a long post.

Leelou, thanks for getting us started. It's summertime in your part of the world, right? What's the weather like in January, and do you have a guest room or even a small closet? I'm not much trouble...really.

Marshy, I used to cut my own hair in college. And to think I make fun of mullets. I should not do that considering my hair history. Not pretty. I want to learn more about essential oils. Where did you learn about them? I bet Greenie has a useful web link!!! :yougo:

Greenie I'm :H that you got...suspended?? from the hole. Are you going to send FH a nice fruit basket or something to show your appreciation???? How do you see what you are doing in the back of your head when you cut your hair anyway?

Lav, if all my plans would have changed today, I would be lounging in front of the TV watching the Netflix movie that's been sitting there for.....a long time. You are a bigger person than me to consider getting out your project list!

:welcome: Aquamarine!! This is a great place to touch base every day. I post on lots of threads when I have time, but there are 3 threads I make a point of trying to visit EVERY day and this is one of them. It's a good group to be sober with! I think 30 days sounds like a great goal to get started with. Are you doing the My Way Out program, or something of your own design?

Peace, you rebel you! Enjoy that sunshine! :soapbox2:NO HAIRCUTS!!!

Kate, good to hear that somebody's business is going good! Gives me hope that things will pick up soon in other areas. I'm with you on wondering how I ever got anything done when drinking. Well, I DIDN'T get anything done. How did we manage to LIVE like that is the real question! It's still a mystery to me.

Emmy, good to see you!! Go Lakers!!

Hi DLA!! :yougo: on No Garage Cleaning Day. I can get behind that!!

Today was a zoom zoom day. Yesterday I had Mr. Doggy help me with a technical issue that had always kept me out of chat. I had FUN in chat. Now I want to go check out chat again! But I shouldn't have I still have zoom zooming yet to do. Hmmm.......

One thing is for sure, I will not be drinking today. Not a drop!

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I cut everyones hair including my own and then I have it professionally cut about twice a year. I also color it myself-all because I'm a tightwad!!
                          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

:H
                            in my punk rock days i cut my hair alot...and dyed it to boot!
                            i foun a good way to do it myself now (i am no longer rocking the punk look, just the attitude), is to put your hair in a ponytail and cut straight across...gives a nice bob with the front being slightly longer than the back, i believe that is caled an "a-line bob".

anyway...i do love checking in here...helps alot!
                            i went to the grocery store (100 miles round trip) and spent nearly 300 dollars...had toget staples and stock up a bit..eesshhh!

have a good night all...i am SO glad to be sober and not having cravings today.have been taking kudzu and l-glutes religiously.

peace out!

Comment

now THIS is how you do a late check in whew. tired yet happy night for garlic breath.

I cut my hair all the time. very simple. 3mm buzz cut. bzzzzzzzzzzzz done!

Aquamarine I remember you, big welcome to the AF 'hood!

well sleepy time in the high desert. on the road again tomorrow. speaking of which, how you holding up Cinders?

xxxxxxx
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X