AF Daily - Wednesday, 11th November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings all.... I hope this Remembrance Day is a good day for everyone.
    My Wednesday has been good, I was able to find time to write in my daily journal, and it spilled its appreciation over the pages!
    I am drinking the last of my tea now, so must get more tomorrow.
    Today was definitely a positive day.... hope it is contagious.

Abbers!!!

Thanks leelou! Loved the post - so glad you are feeling up! I loved the last line - passing the positivity across time lines..... thanks. I caught it!

Busy today away from the hole. I get my hoop (couldn't because of the rain last night) which I sure hope will fit in the little car. And I get a massage too!

I worked at the hole yesterday. It really was a good thing. I admit to wavering over FH and trying to help him one last time. He makes me want to drink and that is all there is to it. I cannot and will not put myself at risk even for the one little week he is begging for. Not even one day. I would hate both of us. And those thoughts solidified yesterday. I am so thankful to be able to hear my higher self and to think clearly without AL.

Passing the positivity down the line............
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good Morning All,

Thought I would pop in on this rainy day in Virginia. Greenie, it is so good to hear that you are doing well. I am signing myself up for a hoop class that starts in January. I'm really looking forward to it. It is good that you recognize that your ex is a big fat trigger. Stay away....very far away!

All's well here. Cruising along...I am grateful. I have been contributing to the 100% commmitment thread started by Suni...A very good topic indeed. It is a reminder that I have to renew that commitment each day.

Be well all,
      M3
      AF Since April 20, 2008
      4 Years!!!
      :lilheart:

Comment

Good afternoon Abbers,

Hi leelou, Greenie & M3 - good to know you are all well!
        I'm having a decent day myself despite the chilly rain. I just had an appointment with the Nurse Practioner in a new medical group. I chose to see her because, (being a (ret) nurse myself) I knew she would be a good listener - and she was! I'm tired of being ignored by the typical male doc. I have a stubborn hypertension problem & really want to get the upper hand on it. I had really hoped that quitting smoking & drinking this year would have helped, but it didn't. My B/P is still too high & I've been on medication for 5 years!! So we're going to work together on this situation, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Wishing everyone a terrific AF day!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Leelou, hope you are sleeping peacefully! Glad you had such a good day. I think it is awesome how we span the time zones and the globe around here!

Greenie, congrats on your firm decision WRT FH. Anyone and anything that threatens your sobriety must stay out of the picture. I can't wait to hear more about your hooping!

M3, it's really good to have you coming 'round again! I like what you have posted in Suni's committment thread.

Lav, good for you finding a medical person to work with that might actually WORK with you! I know how frustrating that can be. I hope you can get to the bottom of the BP problem and get it lowered. Many of the folks in the Low Carb community claim that low carbing helps - I'm not sure what kinds of dietary approaches you have tried.

This cold is getting really annoying! I will be glad when I'm feeling 100% again. But two days of staying home was enough for me so I'm back among the land of the living, sharing my germs with all who dare to come near me. :H Well, I'm trying not to spread germs like terrorist, at least not to people I like...... OK I'll stop before this gets really ugly!

I am very grateful to be UnHung today. It would really suck to be sick AND hungover, and boy I sure did that 3856739575 times in my life. "Alcohol kills germs..." and such. No more. There will be no AL in my life today, that's for sure!

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hello Abbers!
            Leelou....happy to hear you sounding like yourself...your REAL self again!
            Greenie...You continue to inspire me!!
            Lav.....I hope that you find your answers...I know that yoga helps me as does a healty diet...
            M3...nice to see you again! Sorry about the lousy weather....
            DG...my cold has lasted for 3 weeks, though it is much better than it was. Sending you healing energy....perhaps it is time for you to slow down a bit and pamper yourself

I am so Happy! I made my monthly plan today!! On track to make my Year!! Yeah!! I have found an "editor" for my book....since it is a technical, business manual, I will be working with a technical editor!! I have index cards everywhere....everytime I think of something else that I must include in my book, I write it down and put it in a special box!! Hey! it beats the heck out of my "brilliant"...ha! Ha! memory!

I have an appointment at 3 with my Reiki teacher for a treatment.....sort of a tuneup! I am really excited about it! I do this 2-3 times a year and it always refreshes me and puts me back in balance!

70 degrees with sunshine in the Mile Hi city!

Have a wonderful day all!
            xx Kate
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I know it's late, but I wanted to thank everybody for the kudos. I am already getting anxious for my appointment Friday. Can anybody tell me what I might expect? I'm not even really sure what "goal" I am trying to accomplish by going to counseling. To be happier? To be nicer? To have inner peace? Hmmm....I guess that's a start. Right now things are pretty good, but that can always change in a heartbeat, and on that I can count!

Our school has a really nice way to honor our veterans and they asked me to help this year. It was really, really cool. My son thinks he wants to be in the service, but wants to know which one is the least dangerous. Well, today he thinks that.

It's been nice to see some familiar "faces" checking in here--I for one really appreciate knowing how everyone is doing!

Thank you again for all of you support my cyber friends!!:h
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

yawn.......happy late check-in from a hotel in Vegas. I've been here so many times it's not even remotely exciting (here on work solo) but had a great dinner/chat with my bro Morrison which was awesome.

Greeneyes, facing your feelings like you are is awesome and very productive. Glad to see that. when we turn away and try to deny our real feelings we no longer 'know ourselves' and end up in troubles.

LVT, sorry i don't know what to suggest...maybe your counselor will interview you and kind of lead to specific questions from there? at any rate I'm curious how it goes.

gnight zzzzzzzz

be well
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hey, Det....sorry to hear you have t spend time in sin city again.....but happy to hear that you hooked up with Morrison! How is Morrison? Be well and stay safe on your trip!

Leelou, the good news is that you do not have to have the answers before you go to counseling! Counseling is not a pass/fail situation at all. Counseling will help you to figure out what you need to know and how you can get to work on those things that YOU choose to change! So, just relax and enjoy the process.
                  A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
                  X