Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF-Daily, Sunday, 15th November

Greetings all,

Hope your Sunday is peaceful, relaxing and enjoyable....unlike mine!
    Both Sat and Sunday I am woken AGAIN by our oblivious little rooster next door. Well thats what I call him now!

Our neighbor is in his own little world, and has no awareness that starting machinery like grinders, saws etc..early on the weekend, our yelling full throttle at the kids before the neighborhood wakes up might be abit annoying to the rest of the street! Worse still, he/they have been constantly noisy and oblivious all weekend! Until of course they want to go to sleep early in order to wake up tomorrow early and act like the street's rooster!

Grrrrr.

That and the fact that I counted 8 lawnmowers at different stages of the day did not help me in having a nice quiet SUnday at home on a beautiful day.

I tried very hard to be un-frazzled but - Not Happy!

Happy it was AF though! That was good.

Good morning, Leelou and all to come,

Have the three grandkids here. One snuck in the middle of the night and curled up at our feet. So it was hubby, dog, granddaughter and me. A crowded condition.

All are sleeping currently, except the dog that desperately needed to go out. So, I sit here awake and knowing I have to hit the road at 3:30 in the morning for next week. Arrgghh.

But, I am sober and happy to be able to wake up and take the dog out early a.m. without any major struggle.

As I was looking across my back yard this morning, I realized that there is no way I can have a good life if I drink. The only way I have a chance for my future is to be a non-drinker.

Love to all,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Morning abbers!!

Thanks leelou! I know what you mean about the noise factor. I don't have it here, but I do feel that way about jet skis at the beach and the lake. May as well have a tree cut down next to you. Grrrr. Can you have a word with them?

I enjoyed the play at the university last night. Not much of a crowd as the uni football was on TV. The content was good and the actors were excellent. 11 actors played 37 diff parts, in the round with only chairs and a table as props.

Today my plans are to whip through the chores, then go to the nursing home, then to the artisan fair at the museum with GF and on to the oyster festival to woof oysters and hear some good music. Maybe, just maybe I'll take my hoop. It is lovely out too. It is so grand to be AF and unhung. So, so, so grand.

Have a day that lingers with fond memories! Mine started with a squirrel corpse on the back porch. Have not located the head yet. :H

Hi cindi! x-post
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good Morning, All,

Leelou, I understand how annoying noise can be. I swear, some people never progressed above the emotional stage of a 6 year old! Loud, music, loud cars, loud machinary...loud voices...arghhhhh! I love peace and quiet, soft voices, beautiful music. Fortunately I don't have to deal with noisy neighbors...I hope you are able to get some peace and quiet today.

Cindi, you are right. There is no life, if drinking is present. For many of us, Drinking= Destruction of all we love and care about. Keep going on this sober track!

Greenie, you are really the "Energizer Bunny"!

Snow is still coming down, it is supposed to snow all day. It does look like a winter wonderland! I have some projects to do this morning and then I have a good book for this afternoon. I have another busy work week ahead....but I will deal with that tomorrow!

Happy Safe and Sober Sunday, All!
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Morning Abbers!

A headless squirrel corpse Greenie? Eeewww - our Golden Retriever used to bring us dead squirrels years ago but they always had heads!!!! Enjoy your day at the artisan fair - I love those things

Hi Cindi, good to see you! I too am grateful for this AF life. Everything is better, not perfect but definitely better!

Leelou, we often wake at outrageous times due to outside noise as well mostly farm equipment, horse trailers, people target shooting, etc. There are no noise restrictions enforced in this rural area..........

Well, wishing everyone a terrific AF Sunday. I'm just playing it by ear today
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hey all - i am al free still - really tempted at dinner today - not so much pub yesterday but didn't succumb.

v annoyed I cancelled my roller practice due to dad's visit for him to watch rugby on tv(was feeling lazy too but he commented my mum wouldn't be v happy if i did it when she was down!)

back on sf wagon tomorrow too amazing how a blip reaffirms for me i don't want to drink BUT the little demon inside me has definitely woke up.
            one day at a time

Comment

Hi all,

Leelou - noise irritates me too. Dunno why I'm living in a big, crowded, noisy city!

Cindi -
              Cinders;757735 wrote: The only way I have a chance for my future is to be a non-drinker.
              Couldn't agree more!

Greenie - there's an item on the news today about hula-hooping being the latest craze in gyms. You're a trendsetter! (Haven't seen it in my gym yet).

Kate - snow! Lucky you (until it goes all slushy!).

Lav - have a good day. It's good to have options, isn't it?

I've been out shopping for a couple of birthday presents - for two/three weeks time. I'm usually really ahead of the game now I don't drink. When I was drinking, I was always running to catch up and doing things at the last minute and resenting having to rush around and sort things out that I'd left until the last minute.

Have a good day everyone!
              sigpic
              AF since December 22nd 2008
              Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

After the artisan fair and sale at the museum I was standing in the street shooting pics and I was trying to wave a convertable by me but it just sat there. Just as I was starting to feel annoyed, it pulled up next to me and in it was husb. #1 :H I showed him the necklace I bought myself as a divorce / birthday present. When he and I divorced I bought a beatiful sapphire ring. Both with nudges from GFs living vicariously. :H :H
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

whew, back in a dang hotel room tonight. sigh.... this life on the road crap finally started to really depress me today. I'm sure the feeling will pass. sorry to be down, promise i'll be my neurotic happy self by morning.
                  Keep up the great AF work everyone!

be well
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                  X