Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Thursday 11/19

Morning Abberroooos!

Happy birthday to greenie! My pressie to myself is to start going to the pool at the gym.... OLAP. One lap at a time. :H All I HAVE to do today is one lap. I have my suit on. Grab my straw hat (bed hair) and go. After that cup of java. I have the AF down, the food quality down, but exercise has not been in the pic. Well except for the hoop. Maybe I'll find a raquette ball buddy.

Tonight is shop hopping at the Vista shopping area with friends. It's a big yearly event with shops all decorated for X-mas and hors d'ovures and beverages. I think dinner may be in there somewhere.

Have a great day!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Happy birthday Greenie! You don't look a day over 21! Have a fab day. At the risk of sounding like an exercise bore - it's great! Nuff said.

Soooo. I went to the doctor this morning for a minor thing, and I very rarely go to the doc so this was only the second time I'd been to see him since I went to ask for help with my alcohol problem two years ago. I didn't get any help then (I wanted to try Antabuse but he told me he doesn't believe in medication for alcohol abuse) and at the time I felt very angry and upset about it, and felt that he SHOULD help me.

The first time I saw him after that, he asked me how the drinking was and I got on my high horse and said I didn't want to discuss it because he hadn't offered any help.

This morning he asked me about it again and I said I was doing well and we had a joke about me not having any vices any more (because he ALWAYS checks that I'm still not smoking 15 years after giving up!). I'm not angry with him any more. When I asked for help two years ago and he didn't/couldn't offer any help, I had to go elsewhere and try other avenues. It's MY responsibility to take of myself, not his. I feel like I've got over something that has been bothering me. Not a big thing, but a small matter that I was pleased to discover this morning.

Have a good 'un everyone.
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Happy Birthday, Greenie.....again! Exactly how many birthdays do you have???? LOL Your day and evening sound great! Enjoy!

Marshy....great Post! Yep! when we are "In Our Disease", we tend to get angry and to blame others for the situation that we are in. But, at the end of the day, you are totally right.....it is up to each one of us to take charge of our own lives and to get healthy! No one else is responsible for us and no one else can cure us!

Busy work day ahead....I am looking forward to the weekend....then a quick business trip on Monday and Tuesday, then Thanksgiving! I love this time of year!

Have a great Day All!
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Good morning all!

Happy Birthday Greenie
        Enjoy your day, sounds like fun!

Marshy, I'm glad you got that matter resolved. It does feel good to get those nagging thoughts taken care of once & for all!

Hi Kate, I love this busy time of year too My son's birthday is Wednesday, Thanksgiving Thursday & my grandson's 1st birthday is Saturday!!! I have lots to do myself!

Wishing everyone a terrific Thursday!

Lav
        (Celebrating 6 months Smoke free today)!
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello friends!

My gosh, I am still laughing from yesterday's thread, and the day before!

Happy birthday my greeneyed cyber friend! I have the racquetball court reserved for us at 2:00 so you better be there! I'm still struggling with food quality and making exercise a regular part of my routine. I know if I did, I would feel better and more energized! AND I have been looking for a RB partner for a while. Hubby won't play with me because I hit him a couple of times with the ball. :H

Marshy, I know what you mean, it is easy to hold on to issues--but really pretty stupid, huh?

Lavande--great job on NF! I was thinking about this yesterday...I am a non-smoker, and it is hard to believe as many times as I tried. It is hard, and I am proud of you!

Not much newsworthy here. I did make a big decision, and will be transferring my membership from the little Methodist church in my hometown, to the church I'm pretty active in now. It was a hard decision, because I have sentimental and emotional attachment to that church. I was baptized and confirmed there, went to sunday school and bible school and youth group there....so many memories. The last time I was there I delivered my dad's eulogy. That was over 4 years ago. It only made sense to "belong" to the church I am active in. Now, I will be asked to do more.:H After I told my pastor to do the paperwork, I went to bed and cried. But I am happy about this decision, and glad it is behind me. This is one of my issues--I have trouble making decisions!

Ok, gotta run. I have more big decisions in my future I'm afraid.........:h

Have a great AF day all--and CHIEF!!!! It is so good to have you back--I know you can do this!!!:l
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

CHUFFED!!!!! Did a half mile! Little breathers, but a half mile was covered! And guess what? The only other person in the pool was a woman and you know me, I started up a conversation with her. She is the swim coach at a nearby high school so I got some pointers. I am for sure living right!
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good Job Greenie!!!

Day 3 here and all is well. Had some panic moments yesterday but got through it.

We're going to Michigan tomorrow for the weekend to take care of my FIL, who has lung cancer. His wife has to leave town and he can't go and can't stay alone. It's not going to be fun. It's hard for me to watch him.....you can imagine how it is for my wife.

Even though it's only day 3, I feel so much better!

Don

Comment

Weeeeeee! I get to come home to my schweet DX tonight!

AF greetings from a hotel in Sacramento. it's ironic but I find myself having dinner at the bar of restaurants lately since Im dining alone and the service is faster. I sit there with my odouls or coffee or seltzer water and watch the antics. kind of amusing.

Marshy, so glad you got some emotional closure with your doc

LVT, extra hugs for you XXXX sounds like an emotionally heavy but smart choice.

Cindi.....please pop in my travel partner

ok, off to find starbucks

be well
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Be very, very careful with that eating in the bar thing, Det....

Don't want you to EVER make the mistake I made, bro...

Don

Comment

Hey Det...Happy to hear that you are headed home today!! Wooopeeee! Your comment about having to eat in hotel bars while you travel brings up an interesting point that I have been pondering as of late. It has come to my mind due to all the holiday client events that I have been attending. There is always a lot of wine flowing and people are in the "Holiday Spirit". I always have my bottle of water and even though the wine is there, I feel absolutely NO temptation to take a glass.....Wow! How times have changed! I also watch the anticts as the evening wears on and I am so grateful not to be right there acting foolish!!

So....here are my thoughts, our drinking is not about the availability of alcohol, not about others drinking around us...it is about the work we have done and continue to do on ourselves. In the intial days of my sobriety.....I avoided all close contact with drinking and drinkers....I knew that I was better off to do so then. But now, I no longer feel in the same daily battle with AL...yep...he still lurks everywhere, and I am aware of him.....but, my life no longer centers around the battle......My life centers around..Living! Alcohol no longer has a spot in my life!

Safe Travels, dear friend!
                    xxx
                    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Good morning Marshy, Kate, Lav, LVT, Chief, Det and all other Abbers on their way...

Just a quick note to say hello and hope you all have a great day!!!

And a HUGE HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you greenie! :l

DLA
                      Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
                      Sir Walter Scott
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

hi there - happy birthday Greenie, everyone sounds like they're having a great day today.
                        I'm on day 7 af and day 5 sf here - still feeling a bit cold like/blue - keep beating self up about lack of exercise - always tomorrow.
                        I think i actually needed to rest this week with my bubbling lurgy - also it's week 1 - forgot what tha felt like.
                        roller derby practcie Sunday, rebounding tomorrow moring before work(later start woo hoo!) and gym on Saturday. REALLY missed roller derby practice - love love love it and I was feeling so much firmer and fitter.
                        Anyway - good to be back here - I really am not missing the alcohol this time and there'[s no debate about will I won't I drink.
                        Cigarettes that's another story for now - but off to quitnet now to get support with that.
                        see you tomorrow
                        one day at a time

Comment

update just forced self to do 20 misn o nrebounder watching tv - was great - feel bit better.
                          same thing tomorrow before work, get the endorphins going - good night all.
                          book,bath and bed for me
                          one day at a time

Comment

"So....here are my thoughts, our drinking is not about the availability of alcohol, not about others drinking around us...it is about the work we have done and continue to do on ourselves. In the intial days of my sobriety.....I avoided all close contact with drinking and drinkers....I knew that I was better off to do so then. But now, I no longer feel in the same daily battle with AL...yep...he still lurks everywhere, and I am aware of him.....but, my life no longer centers around the battle......My life centers around..Living! Alcohol no longer has a spot in my life!"

I think this is so true. I may choose to be around al, I may choose not to be around al--but not out of fear I'll be tempted--but because I have a choice.

The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

whew, I'm home! hope I get to stay here for a couple days now.....

Don, wise words of caution. Eternal vigilance is key. if that means not even going to places that serve al then so be it. whatever it takes.

Ok, I'm going to be good and go off to the gym since Dx is working late
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X