Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF-Daily, Friday 20th November

Hello Abba Dabba Doo's,

Happy Friday to everyone, I'm writing this on my exercise bike while I wake up! A beautiful day ahead, i have a busy day planned before the weekend, and I have to find a live mouse my cat brought in.
    I am pre empting a happy and grateful Friday for myself, and everyone here, and I send smiles and hugs to you all!

Happy Friday to you......Leelou! I am wondering if you could supply the winning Lotto numbers from Thursday!!:H:H:H

I hope that you continue to have a lovely Friday!! See you again tomorrow!

xxx Kate
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hi Leelou and Kate..Thursday night 4:44pm here still..

KateH1;760940 wrote: Happy Friday to you......Leelou! I am wondering if you could supply the winning Lotto numbers from Thursday!!:H:H:H
      Yes, would certainly help me pick the winning combination. No worries, I'll share with you Kate! :H:H

DLA :l
      Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
      Sir Walter Scott
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

7, 11, 4, 26.........,na, can't help you there! Good luck though! If you win, what would you spend it on?

I'd pay off the mortgage and then move to Cambodia and build an orphanage with it's own education centre for English, music and art.

Comment

morning all - off t owkr in a bit - well this is day 8 for me af and 5 smoke free.
          A packed weekend coming up but in a good way - gig tonight (after another spell on rebounder it is the way forward to fit in quick exercise).
          Tomorrow watching a roller derby bout and friend's birthday in the eve, Sunday derby practice and friends for dinner.Fabulous!

Most of these things wouldn't have been possible when drinking as I would have been too hungover to enjoy them/do them - I LOVE sober life.

Starting to cough now so hoping whatever it is is coming out now - I'm feeling much better/perkier and working a shorted day today - woo hoo!

catch you all tomorrow
          one day at a time

Comment

Hi Leelou and thanks for getting us started! Happy Friday! Let us know as soon as you do whether Saturday is bringing awesome karma too. :yougo: LOL on your cat bringing in the live mouse! Good luck finding it. Maybe kitty will find it again.

Hello Kate and DLA. Will you share your lotto winnings with me???? Pwetty Pwease???

Bear - good to hear you are feeling a bit better and have some awesome weekend plans. I know what you mean about not being able to enjoy much when drunk / hungover all the time. Congrats on 8 days AF and 5 days SF! Both are buggers to dump that's for sure.

Hello to all from yesterday and all yet to come for TGIF! Welcome to any newcomers reading this thread. If your goal is AF even for a short period of time I hope you will join us! There is lots of wisdom here in this daily AF bunch.

My cold is about gone too as I can tell from the fact that I woke up at 3AM today! Back to my old schedule! I got up at 4 and have already accomplished a bunch of stuff such as dinner prep and laundry. Feels good to have that out of the way so early in the day. Back in my drunk life, I would have procrastinated all that stuff and never ended up doing any of it. Then cooking a disgusting frozen pizza or some other junk food (if anything) for dinner. Or just drunk my dinner and passed out. Life is OH so much better now!

Skate Canada is this weekend so with lots of my chores for today already done, I will be tuning in to the events of Day 1! Bring on the sequins and feathers! And Man Pant Wedgies!

Came across this adaptation of the Serenity Prayer yesterday. I'm sure I've seen it before - don't think it's new. But it sure applies to me, and I figured I would share in case it applies for any of you too:

God, grant me the serenity
            to accept the people I cannot change,
            the courage to change the one I can,
            and the wisdom to know it's me.
            So for today, I will work on reaching my potential as a loving, caring human being, and try to accept everyone else as they are. And of course, there will be no drinking while I'm working on this personal overhaul.

Strength and hope to all,

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Morning Abbers!!

Hi leelou, kate, dla, bear, dg and all to come. Thanks for all the birthday wishes yesterday!

Hummm... I don't FEEL any older. Maybe because I thought I was this age most of last year. :H I get it wrong all the time.

Last night was fun, but VERY crowded. The streets were blocked off and they were teeming with people (molstly holding beer or wine) in the pleasant cool evening. I had an odd moment when one GF and I had shed the others and we were wondering what to do as it was still early and my birthday. I said I felt sort of odd that I couldn't think of anything to do that didn't involve a drink. I felt myself slipping into deprivation mode. But she saved me by saying Let's go somewere and have coffee and desert. Why did I fixate on AL activity? UGH!!! It'd describe the desert but I don't want to throw DG off balance.

Speaking of DG, I had a mouthfull of coffee when I read the prayer and almost laughed out lout. Lord, HOW TRUE!!!

Going to swim again today! What a great gift to myself!

Have a lovely day!!
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

:new:Have a great Friday everyone. Today is the last day of my very stressful job, I left to set up my own jewellery design company and am really excited. Its also day one of my 30 days abs. I've always started on a Monday before but started drinking again at the weekend so am taking a new approach!

Comment

Welcome biba bee!!! Glad to have you on board and congragulations on your commitment!
                  sigpic

Comment

Hello friends and :welcome: Biba! I must say what a great idea to try a new start day. I think you will find that it helps a great deal to have your early--most motivated days at the weekend when you can stay strong. It gets easier with time.

My body thinks it has sinus issues, I think that's why I'm low on energy--but I'm not going to get sick. So there!

Have a great af weekend all!:h
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

LVT, heard of a netti pot? Works well, but if you have an infection, take meds. Sinuses are too close to the brain to tough it out.
                      sigpic

Comment

greeneyes;761245 wrote: LVT, heard of a netti pot? .
                        :yuk:

I've just eaten my lunch!

DG- love that version of the serenity prayer.

Biba bee :welcome: Sounds like a time of exciting changes all round!
                        sigpic
                        AF since December 22nd 2008
                        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Sorry marshy! :H

Went to swim laps, but they were having a water aerobics class so I joined in. OMG!!! Way harder than it looks! Then I swam 1/4 mile without stopping! (motivated by that huge chocolate brownie thing I ate last night) I love going to the gym. I wonder why I quit and go for loooong spells without it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey DG , Your posts inspire me ! You should write a book :-) xoxo Em
                            Non Drinker 9/09
                            Non Smoker 6/09
                            Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Aloha Friday ABeroooos!

yeah, I'm home! home home home.

Greenie, that dessert you had is waaaay better than any al drink I can imagine. and I have a heck of an imagination

when I think about how exhausted I feel after a hectic week on the road I remind myself what it would be like to do this hung over. I just cannot imagine that. no freaking way.

be well everyone
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X