Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF daily - Wednesday November 25th

Hello abbers,

Phew! I wrote a big rant about my morning so far... but, ach it's a beautiful sunny day and I've MOVED ON :H

All I will say is: storm, no sleep, broadband knocked out, two hours on phone to computer helpline. Nuff said.

How is everyone else today?
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Morning Marshy and all to come,

Indeed, beautiful sunny day!

How did your lock contraption thing hold up, Marshy? Sounds like you had a bad enough night without any more broken windows. Good for you for MOVING ON!

Thankfully mine wasn't that dramatic. Winds were howling and I couldn't sleep until I thought of earplugs. Then slept thru my alarm this morning...

Had a fun afternoon traipsing around Woolwich yesterday to pick up a package at a depot. (It was either that or wait at home 8-6 for delivery). I had to pay customs duty on it and had put my letter and debit card on the counter waiting for the guy to turn up. When he opened the till window, the outside door caught a draft, opened, and all the papers blew clean across the room. Compared to yesterday's battle with the gales, today should be a doddle.

I've been busy with work and travel, so belated :yougo: CONGRATULATIONS :yougo: on 18 months, DG!!! That is awesome. Also, your posts convey how purposefully you're moving further away from what was and consolidating the new you in your sober lifestyle.

A tiny part of which was you posting the details on Dr Ben Kim some ages ago - thanks for that. I've decided to try his probiotics as my anti-swine flu campaign.

LVT, good for you for trying the counselling, whatever DH's attitude may be. If it makes you feel better, that's what matters. I don't want to discourage you, but 3-4 times is very little. Even short term therapy normally runs for a few months. I've been at it for several years, and more layers keep appearing after you thought you'd finished sorting something. Kinda like ending up on the AF pink cloud every 6-8 months only to discover there's more work to be done. Then again, my crap goes way back, so I must be nuttier than most.:H

Big hello to all the new faces here! I'm going thru a busy patch and haven't been on much lately. Still AF and enjoying the power of sober. Lets spread it around.

Have a good day one and all!

Comment

Good morning Marshy! Well, my morning is better than yours, so far. But the sun is not even up yet, so there is still plenty of time..... Glad to hear you have moved on! I take it your dresser did not go flying off under the power of it's own umbrella in the storm? (but sorry to hear you lost your internet connection!) Two hours on the help line sounds like sheer TORTURE!!!! :b&d:

I'm very grateful today to be mainly living in TODAY and not worrying to a rediculous level about tomorrow or some other future date. When drinking, I really hated holiday family gatherings because they interfered with my desired drinking levels. I twisted that into all kinds of resentments towards specific family members as well as familly in general. Then I stressed out over it for days or even weeks before the actual holiday.

I'm grateful I'm not doing that any more. Big family dos are still not my favorite thing in the world. I have gotten most comfortable with my day to day life and what has become "normal" for me. But I'm not resentful about it, and other than getting my cheesecake made yesterday and a couple of other things to cook today, I'm not really thinking much about it. The pending holiday is not disrupting my peace of mind today. THIS is PROGRESS!!!

Hello to all yet to come and here's to an ever so excellent sober and unhung day!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Good morning friends--good to see you Pamina. Thanks for the advice on counseling. I'm sure you are right. She told me yesterday that when I quit drinking, and hubby kept on, i'm probably sensing triggers from my past marriage to that alcoholic. I guess I had taken, the "if you can't beat em, join em" attitude. Anyway she tried to get me to set some goals (after I did a little venting about hubby) and the first one is to find my inner child and learn to play again (without alcohol). She showed me how we can use our senses to go to a "happy place" and work through what is happening around us. I had to shut myself in my bathroom last night to test it out. Hopefully I can learn to be assertive without feeling bad.
        We are having some issues with the pup--I should have known we would, but this will be a good test for me I guess.

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving with my family. I will get to see nieces and nephews and grand nieces I haven't seen in awhile. While some of my family drinks...mostly we eat..so I need to be careful not to overindulge that way.

Best wishes for a happy and sober thanksgiving to all my USA friends, and happy afness to my cyber friends that don't celebrate thanksgiving.:h
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Good morning Marshy, Pam, DG & LVT,

No sunshine in these parts today, just very damp, foggy!
          Really good to see you Pam, it's been a while. Glad to hear you made it through those storms OK.

Today happens to be my son's 29th birthday - a good distraction from the holiday craziness. I always liked making a little fuss for him that didn't necessarily involve Thanksgiving
          He's invited us to his house for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow provided I bring the turkey - ready to eat, ha ha! My DIL really doesn't cook & my son's cooking experience is limited to meals he prepares in his firehouse...........hmmm!
          I'm grateful to be happy, healthy & unhung today so I can enjoy this time with my family

Wishing everyone a terrific AF day!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hi, day 5 af and say 4 sf for me - feeling shattered this week - no joy with motivating self to exercise. Decided to up calories to 1400 every day for a week and see what happens.
            Just don't feel like exercise this week - mind you not counting 3 skating sessions which maybe I should!

Plan to cycle to work tomorrow and Friday - need to build up the 'day to day' exercise elements.

Work HORRIBLE one of women i manage has gone to HR very unfairly about me - BUT they see my side and are happy with my actions - have 3 way meeting to look forward to.

I feel i've bent over backwards for this person so am angry and pissed off. I often feel that i 'give in' or don't say to people ' hey that pisses me off can you not do/say it'
            Things you uncover when you're not drinking eh!
            good day all to come
            one day at a time

Comment

Day 4 af. Inspired by everyone's positivity. Trust life will teach me how to stay sober.
              I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Quick check- in,

bear, congrats on your 5 days, that's great.
                Don't push yourself too hard right now with the exercise - it can wait a little bit. Besides, you sound pretty darn active to me Congrats on the SF time too, it's all work, isn't it?

Raven.joy, great to see you on day 4! Stick with us, I think we are a pretty positive bunch around here

Wishing everyone a good, AF night!
                Be well!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

happy late check in from the high desert!

not much time to play, have relatives over from out of state and busy entertaining. Just wanted to shout out to all especially those with new AF days. Garlicky hugs and a good night to all,
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                  X