Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When The Novelty Wears Off Thread......

Amen Starlight

Something very similar to me happened before I quit drinking for good. After about 7 weeks of being sober, I went to a party. I knew beforehand that I should not have gone. I was feeling anxious and was in the midst of a medical crisis in my family. I went anyway and less than 1 hour into the party, I started drinking wine. Once I started, I literally could not get enough. It was scary. I had driven a friend to the party and she told me later that although she kept telling me that it was time to leave, I would go back to the wine bottles and get another glass. I don't remember much of the night. I woke up in the morning with a hangover and full of guilt and remorse. That was the last time I drank. And by the way, I did not tell myself that this one night of drinking was a "slip." I considered it a full blown relapse. From that experience, I learned that I could never pick up one drink again.
    AF Since April 20, 2008
    4 Years!!!
    :lilheart:

Comment

Thanks for the round of Applause Marshy. I'm such a wannabe:-))
      Hi all you wonderful supportive people.
      As usual much to devour.
      Dodgy period if you are not ready to anticipate it, but I know that the only way out is through. I believe it's a transitory phase and utimately necessary for my growth and evolution. I am prepared to ride it out for the long term rewards. As some other wise person said - I think's it's a sign that phase one is over and I'm ready to commit to phase 2! Less exhilerating but no less rewarding
      Be nice to keep the thread going for anyone who needs reminding though and it was a good time for me to revisit the journal to read all the reasons why I loathe and detest drinking.
      Much love and strength to all of you.
      X
      Keep on keeping on

Comment

For me the novelty is not wearing off as i am literally living a complete and new life now,and i have turned it around nearly 360%.so everyday is a new day with the challenges of the ups and downs that it brings,loving it all but still learning lots.great post suni

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Mario, It sounds like you are living life in its all of its AF fullness. This is so good and the only way I believe that we can remain AF. We have to change the quality of our lives and see each day as a blessing.
          M3
          AF Since April 20, 2008
          4 Years!!!
          :lilheart:

Comment

momof3;764727 wrote: Mario, It sounds like you are living life in its all of its AF fullness. This is so good and the only way I believe that we can remain AF. We have to change the quality of our lives and see each day as a blessing.
            M3
            exactly momof3,,thats what i hope to do. with a little help from my friends

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
            X