AF Daily - Thursday November 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Thqnksgiving to all in the US! And Happy Thursday to everyone else. :welcome: Raven.joy and anyone else who has recently joined us here on AF Daily. Lurkers, come on in!

I am grateful to be spending this Thanksgiving day sober. My life is different and better in every way since stopping the madness with alcohol. I still have problems in life like everyone. No getting away from regular life! It's just so much easier to deal with problems having a clear head. And in those good moments filled with smiles and laughter, it's great to feel that the smiles and laughter are REAL. Not AL induced fake fun.

Strength and hope to everyone today, and especially anyone who is struggling or suffering.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Happy Thanksgiving y'all (said in my best American accent). And BE STRONG to anyone who's tempted to drink today. You can get through it!

Um, DG, will you be FedExing any leftover cheesecake or should I come and collect it in person?

Got an invite to an office Xmas party today. It says "1pm until we fall over". Fortunately it coincides with my dreaded parental visit so I've got a very good excuse to not go. At least I don't have to deal with drunk parents AND drunk colleagues. I'm grateful for small mercies today!
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hey Marshy. I have an idea. Why don't you send your parents to the colleague party and you come on over here for some cheesecake? Then everyone could be happy, right??

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Good Thanksgiving morning everyone!

DG & Marshy, I wish you both a great day! I am thankful to be here with you & celebrating 8 months AF today
        Life is not perfect DG but it certainly is much, much better than it was a year ago for me.
        Marshy, the wording on that invitation made the hair stand up on the back of my neck - yikes!!

Have a great day everyone. I'll be driving my roasted turkey to my son's house later - he promised to make the side dishes

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Abberoos!!

Hi DG, Marshy, LAvande! LAVANDE!! CONGRATS ON 8 MONTHS!!!

I'm at sister's with family. We don't have the pressure stuff. We are all happy together. This part of us anyway. :H Brought the hulahoop. I was outside with it with niece and laughed so hard I could hardly stand up!

My hand is out to anybody struggling today. I brought a big bag of my favorite tea bags and lots of seltzer water.

I hope I get leftovers Saturday to bring home.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi Gang!
            Happy Thanksgiving!! To our friends across the pond, have a lovely day, yourselves!!

I am happy to be home after a business trip to MN. Holiday air travel sucks!! But, oh, well...I ha happy to be home!

We are having Thankgiving at my daughters house this year.....she and her husband are really excited to be hosting this year! Off course, I am helping with the cooking and it will be a wonderful day! Oh! did I mention a wonderful alcohol FREE day! I am sooooo GRATEFUL for my sobriety!! I am also Grateful for everyone here, who will be enjoying a Sober and Happy...Holiday!!
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Good morning Doggygirl, Marshy, Lavande, greeneyes, KateH1, and all the others on their way!!!

Not much happening here..still waiting on LL to call me with when I can get the keys to the place, and going to
              try and finish up the packing. Furniture being delivered Saturday. Wish I could get in and start painting!!

Happy Thanksgiving all!!

DLA :h
              Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
              Sir Walter Scott
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Oh marshy that y all stuff cracked me up! We don't all talk Like that you know....just greenie and cindi!
                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Congrats lavande!
                  I truly enjoy this particular holiday much more now that I am sober. I remember one year I got to drinking homemade wine and smoking ciggies with some of my family in my parents basement. My sister caught me smoking and told my mom who was rather displeased. They didn't know I smoked. Ugh. That is not a happy memory. But I am with my sister now on my way to my brothers house with all the rest of my family. And I am very thankful!
                  I'm also very thankful for my MWO pals!
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

I think Thanksgiving is less of a celebration here in uk, but the actor Nicolas Cage is switching on the Christmas lights in my home town of Bath this evening. I am home drinking lots of herb teas to detox my system. Glad to hear everyone is getting into the festive spirit.
                    I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Long day, tired, happy, had urges at "home time" but they went not long after I got home. So grateful it was an AF day again.

Comment

me too glad I had an af day - not a sf day - need to work on that I cycled and stuck to my calorie limit so not too bad.

very tired - work VERY hard this week - off for a bath in a bit then bed. I'm looking at tattoo designs on websites tonight - going to book in a session over christmas.
                        I want 2 half sleeves so lots of work to be done!
                        one day at a time

Comment

Congrats Leelou, Raven and Bear

For staying AF today.

M3
                          AF Since April 20, 2008
                          4 Years!!!
                          :lilheart:

Comment

thanks mom of three x