Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Am Thankful

Raven...yes I understand.

KTAB. Indeed, it is in the culture and the genes for sure. I spent my childhood in early adult years in an Irish neighborhood. There was a bar almost on every block. This is where you sent to meet up with your friends and chat. Each bar had it's own softball team and guess where we went after the games?

M3
    AF Since April 20, 2008
    4 Years!!!
    :lilheart:

Comment

I Am Thankful

Momof3

thank you for sharing this, it really hit home with me too!

Comment

I Am Thankful

M3,

Thanks for sharing your story. It describes me to the letter last year at this time!!
        I am very happy for you, you should be quite proud
        I am doing my best to catch up with you & many others who have found long term success here.

Thanks to all of you
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I Am Thankful

This brought tears to my eyes as well mom3. I am so happy for all of us that have turned our lives around. Our children deserve our best. Thank you for sharing this today.
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

I Am Thankful

Momof3....I am so happy for you! Yes, I can relate to every word that you wrote....for too long, I was either very hung over or drunk during Thanksgiving and other important family events. Arggghhhhh! Just the thought of all the wasted time, hurt and sorry. But, we can turn things around and create new memories and heal the wounds. Today was my second Thanksgiving without alcohol in my life, I am so thankful for my sobriety. We shared a wonderful day together, lots of sharing, a wonderful meal and tons of laughter......it is so wonderful to be "Truly Present".

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
            XXX Kate
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
            X