Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily, Monday 30th November

Yawn

hi all, hope your Monday is going well, I am not so cranky now and near Zzz land!
    Sending best wishes to you all.

Stop yawning Leelou :H..it`s catchy ya know!! *YAWN*

Early start to today...just popping in to say good morning to all the Abbers on their way.
    Hope it`s a good one!!

DLA :l
    Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
    Sir Walter Scott
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Good morning Leelou & DLA,

Good morning everyone! OK, it's Monday.........the long weekend is over. I have lots to do in my shop today & am thinking about getting some decorating started. For some reason I am in much better spirits now than I was a year ago.....think it has anything to do with being hangover free for 8 months????

I'm grateful for my quits this year & for the love & support I have received from all of you

Have a great Monday!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning abbers!!!

Hi leelou and dla!

You know that pumpkin cheesecake seemed so light and fluffy..... whoda' thought a mere slice or two weighed 5 pounds! I'll have to swim the English Chanel to get rid of it.

I've got this pinched nerve in my lower cervials that is causing MISERY!! Ibuprofen doesn't touch it. I took a couple pills last night just to sleep and have a DH (drug hangover) that reminds me of drinking hangovers. UGH! I am on a mission today to find someone to fix it and transfer my records. Something everyone has been nudging me to do but I have dragged my feet over. A reminder that change is sometimes hard even when for the better.

Little doggie played a tiny bit at the doggie park. I'm glad it wasn't much because most the other doggies found some spot that they were crowded around taking turns rolling around in. And they stunk. The humans teased me because I didn't want little doggie in it - they said it was just dirt. Then they started smelling their doggies and I bet they had to give baths when they got home. :H:H:H

I watched a very cute movie last night called UP. Highly recommend it for adults and children.

Guess I'll go to the gym and shake off this DH.

Have a great day!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

and lavande!
          sigpic

Comment

BTW, there is a blood drive at the library this afternoon. It is nice to be able to participate because you aren't loaded with AL.
            sigpic

Comment

Hello fab-abbers,
              Cruising into week 7 here with high expectations of continued success.
              Really busy with work but I will look in whenever I get any free time.
              Take care all you special people,
              Suni x
              Keep on keeping on

Comment

high expectations of continued success... now there is a thought for the day.
                I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

hey there - truly horrible day at work today - really super busy and continuing team conflict.
                  got mediation meeting thursday with hr and this woman, not looking forward to it - even tho HR reassured me I am doing right things.two late nights too - still will have next monday off and I am planning to take the rest of friday pm back as lieu.

due to all the friendships in the wider team I feel like everyone is looking at me/criticising me.

Anyway on the plus side I'm not tempted to drink/smoke and turned down a yummy gooey large dessert tonight at dinner!
                  I will have a french fancy now but it's 100 cal rather than 600.
                  tomorrow cancelled plans to see a band - staying in on sofa,early night, watching sex and city dvds and will make myself a yummy dinner and have a nice bath.
                  one day at a time

Comment

Hi everyone and Happy Monday back at ya. Thanks Leelou for getting us started yawns and all! Hello DLA and Raven!

Suni, congrats on 7 weeks and :yougo: on your positive vibe!

Greenie, :egad: on the drug hangover. I rarely take any meds for anything, and your description of something like a AL hangover (which I'm sure I would feel if I took meds) gave me the heebie jeebies - however that is spelled! LOL - my dogs LOVE to roll in small dead critters such as frogs, small birds, lizards, anything in that size category. And the deader the better as far as they are concerned. I bet you are right that there were a few baths given last night. And I bet next time you will not be alone in keeping your doggy out of the "waiting line" for the rolling spot!

Lav, it's amazing what 8 months of no hangovers can do, isn't it?

Bear, sending you positive vibes to get you through the work situation. Sometimes close friendships in the work place can be a two edged sword. Good for you though on your resolve on the health front! Did you get a new pair of Derby Shorts over the weekend?

Today life is good. I'm glad to be getting back to "normal" after the holiday week. I'm turning into an old fart just lovin' my routine. Can't believe I'm saying that, but it's true! So I'm just cruising along here today staying very busy of course!

Strength and hope to all, especially those of you who are working at your very early sobriety. Stick with it! It's worth it!

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hello friends.

Bear, I'm happy you've decided to stay in and relax instead of going out. It makes it easier for awhile anyway. Hope your work situation turns out and you can quit thinking about it.

:H:HGreenie on the doggy park. My rather large puppy (80#) found himself in the doghouse last week as he was caught roughing up one of the baby calves that was a little mentally challenged and followed hubby to the hay field. So, rather than deal with him during Thanksgiving at my brother's we kenneled him. And he stunk when we picked him up! Definately in need of a bath--but not in MY tub!

We watched "Up" the other night and really liked it! I want to watch it again, but the kids don't!:upset: Maybe when they go to school tomorrow!

I guess that's all I got right now! :h
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                      X