AF daily 20th Dec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF daily 20th Dec

After watching a travel show called Himalaya I have bought a box of Darjeeling tea bags. Mmm. Better than wine.
    I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

AF daily 20th Dec

Morning Abbers,
    Just wishing you all a very happy Christmas.
    Sorry if I'm a bit early but I am now officially on holiday from work, blogging, foruming.....everything except family time and coping with the snow and cold! brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Have a wonderful booze-free holiday y'all
    See you all in the Fab Healthy New Year!
    Suni xxxxx
    Keep on keeping on

Comment

AF daily 20th Dec

Morning abbers!

Good on ya for tea raven! I LOVE my tea!

Suni, I'm doing everything except vacuuming. I decided I'm OK with that. Yesterday I used the leaf blower on the carpet at the front door. :H:H:H Dog hair is another issue though.

I do have a busy day today. I have to go by 2 friend's houses and the nursing home before going to a drop in at 7 and home by 9 (Masterpiece Theatre, you know). So that doesn't leave me a lot of time. I see it is going to be beautiful out so I do want to spend some time outside. It is so great to let you mind play through the day's events and sort of shuffle them around in a semblance of order and AL is nowhere in there. Ahhhhhh........

Be well and happy today!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF daily 20th Dec

Morning Abbers!

Greetings raven, suni & Greenie - I'm hooked on decaf green tea myself

Spending the day clearing away some 17" of snow!!!!! But, the sun is out, everything is looking very wintry

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Sunday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF daily 20th Dec

Hi all and thanks raven.joy for starting things off today!! Sorry I have been absent a lot this past week. All is fine - just busy but in a really good way!! Life is "filling up" and it's a wonderful thing. A very long way from the lonely dark drinking days where I couldn't think of a single thing worth living for. Now I need 48 hours in a day. And for anyone reading this thread or posting to it that is still in that dark place, please have hope. Many of us have crawled out of that hole and so can you.

Zoom Zoom! Been to AA, and to the gym - first time in a couple weeks and I'm going to love my new training situation I think. Now I have to get cleaned up and tiffed (dressed up / made up) for the in-law holiday do. I am very grateful to be sober and HAPPY heading into the family thing today. In the dark days, I just would have been miserable and resentful and voiced a bunch of made up reasons. But the REAL reason would have been my anger over the days events interfering with my desired drinking. Oy. Life is so much better now.

Happy UnHung AFness to all!

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF daily 20th Dec

Good Morning All Abbers! Wow! I am in the same boat as DG! (Great to see you DG, you have been missed!)
            I was up early this morning, still baking, this will continue until Christmas Eve for me. I will finish baking for clients then switch to baking for family. No complaints, I love doing this!

OMG...DG, you hit the nail on the head, back in the dark days of drinking, this would not have been a fun time, hungover, depressed and no energy would have been my days as well. I am still baffled by the fact that we do this to ourselves for years, still insisting that drinking relieves stress and relaxes us! Nothing, but nothing is farther from the truth!

The only negative right now is Dave is still very sick with the shingles.....it is every bit as horrible as I have always heard! But, he is a trooper....very little complaining from him...he loves the chicken soup that I made and he is trying to keep himself as comfortable as possible.........I hope this is over by Christmas!

So, yes, zoom! zoom! See you all later!

Kate
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

AF daily 20th Dec

Happy Sunday ABerooos!

just a quick un-hung greeting and then off to jiu jitsu and packing for holidays.

and my new personal mission of lowering my stupid LDL cholesterol. grrrrrr.

be well everyone
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF daily 20th Dec

Hello Everyone,

Great to see so many of you here doing so well. And yes, tea is the new wine for me (just like the color brown was the new black last year; now I think that's been replaced with majentas and purple). I have all sorts of tea and a special honey that I buy from a local farm.

I live right outside of Wash DC in Virginia and we got walloped with 18 inches of snow yestereday. It is truly a winter wonderland and has forced us to do nothing but hang out and enjoy the snow. It was days like these that I used to use an excuse to start drinking early. Today, I've already been out sledding, had another family over for a visit, made lunch, and now I'm just chilling out and reading.

Greenie, I love the leaf blower idea. I think I'm going to use it in my kids rooms. Can't wait to see the expressions on their faces.

Best to all,
                M3
                AF Since April 20, 2008
                4 Years!!!
                :lilheart:

Comment

AF daily 20th Dec

Kateh1

Ouch, the shingles. Not fun and very painful. Hope he feels better soon.
                  AF Since April 20, 2008
                  4 Years!!!
                  :lilheart:

Comment

AF daily 20th Dec

Hello abber dabbers,

You're all sounding busy! I'm being lazzzzzzzzzy today. Have another cold coming on grrr so I'm taking it easy to see if it might go away if I treat myself gently.

Jan/Feb were looking fairly empty workwise for me and I was thinking about a holiday but I've now been booked up at work for the whole of January, which is good of course but I want to get away and lie on a beach somewhere and swim in the sea. I've been having a look on the net today and am thinking about Mexico for a couple of weeks in Feb to get some heat, then I could come back via Connecticut to visit my friend who lives there. Need to make a decision before my boss asks me to work Feb as well.

Deeeeee Geeeeeeee! Good to see you. Waddya mean you have life away from us??? :H
                    sigpic
                    AF since December 22nd 2008
                    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF daily 20th Dec

Marshy, are you back home now?

Wow. Sun. Beach. Water. Mexico. Can I go too????

:beach:

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                      X