af daily 23 december

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af daily 23 december

hey there - well day 3 for me here - I've decided I will not be going smoke free until the new year - one thing at a time I think.
    work christmas lunch - thankfully should be a sober affair most people have to go back to work afterwards. Final bits of Christmas shopping then back home for rebounding in attempt to burn off some calories!

I got to thinking about my weight - realy don't feel good at this weight need to lose 2 stone to be back in my healthy weight range I have a similar thinking pattern to drinking and smoking, worry about it,take some action but expect the huge change ot happen straight away to mirror my efforts,get dissuaded when it doesn't.It's a long way off for me to be slim - but you can be a non drinker/smoker after 1 day - helps me to think that way BUT each step is on the way to being slim.
    Next year I will be resolving to practice patience with self,and to be more physically active.
    one day at a time

af daily 23 december

Hi bear & all to come,

Good plan to be more active - although you've already started doing quite a lot in that direction, haven't you?

Well, after being given a bottle champagne at work last week (which is still in a drawer here - plan to take it to friends on Xmas Day) - we've all been called in this morning to get a bottle of wine from one of the big bosses. I was just ignoring the stampede to his office, and my immediate boss said "why aren't you going to get your wine?", and I said something really feeble like "oh, I just don't fancy it", and he said "but it's FREE - come on!" and he took me to get some.
    Geez - so I now have a bottle of champagne and a bottle of wine. The champagne is no problem (never liked the stuff), but I'll have to get rid of the wine. It ain't going home with me, that's for sure.

Memo to bosses: please give away CHOCS instead :H
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

af daily 23 december

Marshy;778999 wrote: Memo to bosses: please give away CHOCS instead :H
      And when they start that program, can you grab me an application so I can try to come work there???? :angel:

Bear, thanks for kicking things off today. I can certainly relate to the "immediate gratification" mentality v. the "long haul" mentality. I'm an immediate gratification kind of gal myself and have to really work at getting/staying balanced and in an appropriate frame of mind for longer term projects! Congrats on Day 3!! One day at a time, we can do this.

I am SORE today!!! My new workout program is a killer. I love it. Will post more on that when I have time in the abbercizer thread. I also have an eating plan with my workout plan. It's not extremely low calories or anything. Just very controlled and making sure I have enough protein for the muscle / strength building I'm trying to do. So...I actually bought a food scale and have to measure everything to the gram. At first I thought i would hate that but it actually takes the *thinking* right out of it so meal prep is easy. I'm also eating 5X a day. The trick with that is I'm so exhausted from running back and forth to the kitchen all day long I'm sick of food by the end of the day. :H

I will be off to AA soon to chair the Wednesday morning meeting. There will be no drinking here today!

Have a good day all.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

af daily 23 december

Morning abbers!

Just lining things up here to leave tomorrow. I left everything for today and suddenly the day has taken a new direction. As in I actually have to be present at work. Shoot. I hadn't planned on that at all but it is very typical of the "leaving town" dynamic. No problem, I'll just manage my time (something new and different) :H.

It is a bright blue sky with crisp air here today. Have a glorious day!!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

af daily 23 december

Good morning Abbers!

Chilly morning, snow still hanging around from the big weekend storm! I'm sure it will still be here for the white Christmas look......

Congrats on your 3 days bear! Thinking back, I was just about 2 months AF before I attempted to quit smoking. I really think it helped me to focus on one quit at a time! I have at least 20 lbs. (a combination of menopause weight & quitting smoking weight) I would love to get rid of.............. I know I HAVE to get more active & work it off. I will find some way to accomplish that goal once the cookies are gone

Marshy, I spent most of my life working in hospitals. There was no gift giving from my employers let alone booze - that's rough! I wouldn't take that wine home either!!!! I'll send you all the virtual chocolates you like

Greetings DG, Greenie & everyone who drops in today
          I have lots on my list to do today so I will be busy & not thinking about drinking, that's for sure!
          Happy Humpday!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af daily 23 december

Hello friends!

We're anticipating another big winter storm/blizzard here. I'm ready, I say, let it snow, but I do feel bad for those trying to get somewhere for the holidays. Kate, I think this storm is coming here from your way, so you'll have to let me know what to expect.

I'm starting to feel the excitement of the anticipation myself! I've tried to get the "have tos" done ahead of time, so I can take my time for the "want tos"--such as some cookie baking. I always feel post=shopping guilt for spending too much and spoiling my kids, but that will go away! :H And then reappear when the credit card bill arrives!:H

Yesterday was the 5 year anniversary of my mother's passing, and I can't help but to relive that day. But I had my counseling session, which couldn't have been better timing, and she reminded me to think about the good things about mom, especially at this time of year. I do feel better at times I think just talking to her and having it out in the open that I am going. I don't discuss it yet with hubby, but someday.

My MIL had me order a book for my SIL called "The G Free Diet". I skimmed through it last night and It has me thinking I really need to change up my diet and exercise if I want to have more energy. Some days I am just really dragging after lunch and when I'm tired-I'm grumpy. I don't think I'm ready to try to be totally gluten free yet, but I really need to eat more fruit, veggies and meat rather than the processed stuff like bread and pasta. My weight has stayed down fairly easily, although I'd love to lose about 10 more pounds.

DG--I am really impressed with your motivation to become a body builder! Anxious to read more about what you are doing.

It's time to get busy around here! Have a great day everyone! :h
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

af daily 23 december

Doggygirl;779017 wrote: I'm also eating 5X a day.
              Where do I sign up for this regime?? :H

LVT - I'm glad you're finding counselling helpful. I enjoyed having it even though it was emotionally difficult at times.

Lavande;779051 wrote:
              I wouldn't take that wine home either!!!!
              It's surprisingly difficult to give away booze on a cold, dark, wet December evening. I left work with it in my bag meaning to give it to one of the homeless people I see most days in regular spots near where I work. But none of them were around. After trudging along for another 20 minutes I found someone selling the Big Issue and asked him if he'd like it and he took it off my hands.

Now I've figured out how to do multi quotes, there'll be no stopping me :muahaha:
              sigpic
              AF since December 22nd 2008
              Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Working...
              X