AF Daily -Happy New Year, Jan 1st 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

happy new year everyone, it's the new year here, I welcome it with open arms, determination, enthusiasim, patience, kindness, and knowledge that 2010 will be an AF year. That will bring so much more to my life, I'm excited! Nervous too, but more excited about a real life! A year of giving the real me a chance to shine!
    Hello 2010!

Happy New Year to you all

happy new year leelou

Comment

Leelou, May all your dreams and aspirations come to fruition in 2010!! Yes, you will truly shine!

Happy New Year!!

xx Kate
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

happy new year leelou,hopeing all your dreams come through

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Morning everyone and happy new year!!

With DGs encouragement, I am coming back to this thread. I was a regular poster a year or so back (as Aunty Mame) but have not coped well with some tough stuff happening in my life. Its still going on, but as we all know it doesn't get any easier to deal with when your judgement is clouded and all you want to do is lie in bed and pull the covers over your head.

So I've changed my name to mark a line in the sand and I'm giving it another crack. I had originally felt that I wanted to earn my 30 days stripes before I posted here, but I read this thread on a daily basis and know that it is a broad church! More importantly, I know that it will help keep me going when I find it all a bit hard! Anyway, it is 2010, and I woke up without a hangover ......... so a good start to the year already!!

Looking forward to re-newing old acquaintances and getting to know those who are unfamiliar!
          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Leelou;782671 wrote: ......A year of giving the real me a chance to shine!
            Hello 2010!

Happy New Year to you all
            Leelou, thanks for getting us started! Well, it's not Jan 1 here quite yet but I love the international community we have here. "It's the New Year with New Hope somewhere" is sure better than the old "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" line I USED to use all that time! I love your sentiment of giving the "real me" a chance to shine. I feel like I'm only starting to scratch the surface of that one, and it is surely exciting to feel that way!

Hello and Happy New Year back at ya Clare, Mario and Kate!

The Rockstar MB formerly known and Auntie Mame! :rockband2: Hey - Prince has got nothin' on you! It's great to see you posting here and a great 2010 omen that you have chosen to start it hangover free! I have missed you in AF Daily. I hope your difficulties subside. But as you said, whether the difficulties stay or go, they will always be easier to handle AF.

I am SO incredibly grateful to be sober today. And today marks my first year on the planet since reaching the age of adult hood that I have been 100% sober for an entire year. That feels good. Well, I guess technically I have about 10 hours and 14 minutes to go, but I certainly have no plans to blow it now!! :H

Mr. Doggy and I are just going to have a low key evening at home and let the crazies own the roads. I am looking forward to a hangover free start to the New Year - I'm right behind you Miss Behavin'!!

Happy New Year everyone!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Happy New Year everyone!

I had an early night :H Then I was woken up at midnight by some people letting off fireworks in the park outside. So I got up and watched those through the window for a while, then went back to bed :H It was great!

Beautiful sunny morning here. A year full of possibilities. (Except I have to go to work today :H)

DG - I was thinking the same thing - first calendar year AF for me too. Probably since I was about 13. Not that I was a big boozer at that age but I would have had something to drink.

Welcome back Miss B!

Have a good day all
              sigpic
              AF since December 22nd 2008
              Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Good morning! I'm eating my eggs (need to start a new Abbercizers thread for diet / exercise....). Then I'm off to the "Alkathon" at the club where I go to AA. :H I think the name of that is so funny I just HAVE to go participate! I am SO glad to be UnHung today!

Happy New Year (again) everyone! Marshy, that sounds great watching the firecracker business from your window then going back to bed! So what are you doing today???

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Happy new year to all,

I stopped again on Christmas Eve so today is day 9 for me, it was great to have a sober Christmas and New Years Eve, and a wonderful start to 2010. I've learnt from the experiences since joining MWO and realise how easy it is to fall back into old ways without even thinking about it, that is not to be afraid of the possibility but to be aware of how easy it is to slip back if I am not absolutely committed to this new way of living.

Since coming here a little more than two thirds of that time has been AF, and that has been good preparation and learning for what is to come. I love the idea of an "unblemished" calendar year in regard to alcohol, so glad to have the opportunity.

Wishing you all a happy and fulfilled 2010.
                  I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

hey all - happy 2010 - lets work to it being a good one.
                    i smoked and drank last night - minimally but it means i am on day 1 here - good to have a new year stretching out as a clean slate. seemed fitting to have 1 final cigarette and 2 glasses of wine - not really but i went with it.
                    well today is 1200 cals, half hour run/walk (bit ill so not up for hard core exercise just yet) - and of course af/sf.

I have decided to walk/cycle to work for a month - nevermind the weather,I have waterproofs - will save me ?100 a month (just checked bank balance!) and get me fitter/happier. as time progressesmay even run/walk home some days.

80 mins walk a day or 40 min cycle - with skating 3 times a week for 90 mins I think I only need to add one gym session a week initially.
                    Bring it on!
                    one day at a time

Comment

Good morning Abbers & Happy New Year!

Starting this year unhung & full of hope - love it
                      My focus is now on March 26 which will be my one year anniversary - really looking forward to it!
                      I do need to pay some serious attention to diet & exercise now. I have renewed my Weight Watchers membership & ordered 2 of their exercise DVDs. I need to lose the 7 lbs. I gained when I quit smoking & the post menopause weight - probably a total of 20 lbs. - Yikes!!
                      Now, if the remaining Christmas cookies would just disappear!!

Welcome back to Miss Behaving & Gold! This is a great place to be
                      Greetings to Leelou, Clare, Kate, Mario, DG, Marshy & bear!

Wishing everyone a happy & healthy 2010!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

DG - read this on the bus on the way into work and thought of you!
                        Direct Selling Flourishes in China | HeraldTribune.com | Sarasota Florida | Southwest Florida's Information Leader

Free sandwiches, chocolate cake and crisps at work today. Now THAT'S more like it!
                        sigpic
                        AF since December 22nd 2008
                        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Happy New Year Everyone. Mary
                          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                          October 3, 2012

Comment

Happy New Year's abbers!

Me too!! Unhung and full of ambition! Today I will spend some time with the boxes in the garage, packing FH's stuff. Out with the old, in with my car!

Yesterday in the grocery line, I asked the guy in front of me if he had tried the sparkling juice he had and if he liked it as I had not tried that brand. He said he had to drink it to celebrate as he was allergic to wine. It took a me nano-second to pick up on the defensive energy he put out and the fact that he didn't answer my innocent question and instead made an excuse for not drinking alcohol. (Takes one to know one ) I smiled and said "Me too! When I drink it I don't stop". Those in line laughed and he looked relieved but I never did get an answer to my question.

One of the pets drank my coffee so I guess I'll make anew cup and get started with the garage!
                            sigpic
                            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Happy New Years Abberoos!!

I am excited to start a new decade and have renewed enthusiasm for staying sober.

Looking forward to hanging with all of you this year.

Love,
                              Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X