Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily -Happy New Year, Jan 1st 2010

Happy New Year everyone!

I, too, am excited about being a non-drinker again. It's day 1 and I'm ready.

Don

Comment

Happy New Year friends!

A very quiet and peaceful New Year's eve for us. My sons each had a friend over so maybe quiet isn't the right term!:H Since hubby had possibly over-imbibed the night before he was in no mood to go anywhere. Yay. We rented The Hangover, which was pretty funny, had pizza and at midnight had a sparkling apple juice toast with all the boys.
      This is my 2nd in a row sober New years and probably my 3rd total in the last 30+ years (there was a pregnancy in there--my youngest son was born on Jan 5th). It was just so important to celebrate by getting hammered. There were even several occasions when we never even went to bed! UGH!
      Call it getting old or getting wise--I do not miss the hangovers!

I am also determined to get my a$$ in gear and start exercising daily and eating healthy! It is so hard to get started--I need these Christmas goodies to disappear as well--I'm hoping these boys will take care of that for me today. I ordered a cute pair of jeans on sale, and they are way too tight...I don't want to exchange them for a bigger size as they are off sale now, so my goal is to fit into them by spring!

I always love to watch the Rose Bowl Parade every year and this one is no exception--so that is what I'm doing now. Happy 10 all!:h
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Happy New AF year friends!!!!!

regardless of what happened last night we are all on day 1 of a new and wonderful year. if you had a blowout last night please don't be ashamed to come back and hop on the AF bus, we won't bite!

planning a lazy day here, might watch the new movie Avatar as it looks good.

be well
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Happy New Year....Dear Abbers!

Det...loved your vacation photos!!

I am full of energy today!! Yippee! Now this is the way to begin any day....especially the first day of a new year!

I am busy watching Food Network Shows that are on my DVR while making dinner for all my boys! I am making Sauerbrauten (has been marinating one whole week!) Red Cabbage w/Apples, Potatoe Dumplings sauteed in Olive Oil, Baby Carrots sauteed with Leeks....desert is Raspberry Cheesecake!! Yes, any abber who can make it to my house by 6PM is Welcome!!

Wishing everyone a Happy, Sober New Year!!
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I WISH, kate! My plans turned round suddenly when I (luckily) read in the paper that the free christmas pick-up is tomorrow morning. SO my day became undecorating. Which includes vacuuming and furniture moving. Not so much fun as it was in reverse.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Happy New Year everybody!

No drinking here, wouldn't even be possible as it's too freezing to venture outdoors except in an emergency. And I've spend most of the day napping with the worst head cold of the decade. Keeps me out of trouble.

Welcome back Gold and Miss B!

Det, loved those piccies. Feel free to post more - that goes for the Oz/NZ crowd too. I find it comforting to think that there is summer somewhere on the planet even though I'm in the middle of winter wonderland right now.

Comment

Working...
              X