Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af daily jan 3

Morning all,

first day back at work here. Finding it hard to get motivated ....... but I will aat least clean my desk and get rid of a few things that I didn't get done in the run up to Xmas.

Cant say I had a very relaxing break for a number of reasons ....... but I sort of knew it was going to be like that. Main thing that I feel a bit grumpy about is that after two weeks of really bad weather, today is really nice!! Might have a short day and get out into the sun this afternoon .......
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

af daily jan 3

greeneyes;784631 wrote:
      I see I'm a little opinionated today. I think I need to take little doggie for a brisk walk.
      :H:H

A friend of mine left her first husband over the lateness thing. There were other issues, obviously, but his lateness drove her insane.

LVT - do you have an outlet for the stress? Exercise springs to mind because that helps me, but something that works for you to escape for a while?
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

af daily jan 3

"my late husbands" :H:H:H

ok sorry
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

af daily jan 3

:H:H:H:H

Ohhhh, I have threatened a million times to leave my family behind, I guess I need to follow through, huh?
          In this particular instance, my sons and I were heading to a wedding, where my oldest son was to help at the reception. I had taken some kids roller skating earlier and had just enough time to change and be off again. But hubby snatched #2 son and asked him to help him a "minute" and then when he finally came in and showered and went to put on his pants--that were so tight he couldn't button them, 2nd pair too short, 3rd pair so wrinkled I wouldn't let him leave the house in.....and that was after helping #1 son find dress pants that fit him! And I was also angry because I asked them to make sure everything fit and let me know if anything needed ironing the day before. I should have known better!

Marshy--that is a great question. My counselor has me working on stress relief and some things she has suggested is what I would call going to my "happy place". Some aroma therapy or vision happy memories, etc. Mostly though I just chew my sons out all the way to town and then I feel a little better. And we weren't the last ones which helps.
          I agree that exercise would help me as well.

Sunbeam (and anyone else) would you mind sharing your homemade soup recipes? My simple nutrition goal (after getting all 6 of my "diet" books out and reskimming) is to eat way more veggies and fruit, less meat and cut way down on the processed stuff. Cutting out bread and simple carbs.) I love soup and that is something I can make a big batch and just heat up. I have a recipe for veggie soup--do you have others? I also plan to drink smoothies more, esp for breakfast, because I can get lots of fruit and veggies in this way and it's portable.
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

af daily jan 3

get a hula hoop
            punching bag maybe? little kick boxing? split logs? :H:H
            sigpic

Comment

af daily jan 3

:H The punching bag makes the most sense!
              Speaking of exercise, has anyone done any "Zumba" classes? I'm thinking of taking one--it looks like high energy dancing with some punches and stuff thrown in. They claim you can burn 600 to 1000 calories during a 1 hour class.
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

af daily jan 3

Somebody mentioned that and really liked it.... dancelot maybe?
                sigpic

Comment

af daily jan 3

LTV, I don't use many soup recipes. I make soup from whatever is on hand. I usually start with a mix of sauteed onion, carrot and celery. I use good stock, the better kind now seems to come in foil-lined boxes, I use a brand called Kitchen Basics. I add frozen veggies (often from my garden), a can of beans, maybe some brown rice, usually some pre-cooked sausage. This past week I used scrapings from a beef roast. Sometimes I Google recipes for inspiration. I will post a couple of recipes I have in the recipe section - maybe that will get you inspired. I keep whole grain crackers in my desk to add if I feel hungry.
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

af daily jan 3

Thanks, Sunbeam!

Comment

Working...
                    X