af daily Thu 7 Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af daily Thu 7 Jan

retteacher;787070 wrote: DG & Chief: I too am in the "can't have even one" category. For today, I don't even slightly miss it. I must admit that when I hear some of the stories at AA meetings, I get into the stinkin' thinkin' of "I'm not that bad." However, I was bad. Normal drinkers do not get taken to the ER dead drunk.

Chief: It's good to see you back here at MWO. Mary
    Mary, what a great idea to turn that type of stinkin' thinkin' around into "would a normal drinker do X." I'm going to try to remember that as a tool next time I'm toying with the "I'm not that bad.." stinkin' thinkin'. I know better, but it still tries to creep back into my brain. My husband is truly a normal drinker, so I just need to shift gears and see *whatever it is* through HIS eyes instead of through my own addiction. That should stop me cold.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

af daily Thu 7 Jan

Hey everyone,
      I hope that just posting here gives support to me and the group, but I often feel that I don't have much to say/add. I think the group here is mostly experienced in MWO, knows about the toolbox thread and all. Also, what is clearly right for me is clearly wrong for the next person, so here we are, each working our own way out. I think it is a lifetime job, no retirement allowed.

DG, do you have any impression regarding those doggie DNA tests for mixed breeds? The one I received for Christmas says it includes I think 175 breeds. We did the swabs and sent it in - should get the results in 3 weeks. We have some kind of hound we rescued in September. She is beautiful, whatever is in her.

Last winter I started a thread here about crafts for the winter months. Didn't get too much response, so I will just mention my newest activity here: window stars, made from folded squares of colored translucent paper. They are perfect for brightening these short winter days, beautiuful taped in a window. I'm going to finish a violet one now. Each one takes me about an hour. It is much easier than origami.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

af daily Thu 7 Jan

Sunbeam, I agree that works for one, may or may not work for another here. But, I do believe that it helps for everyone to share what has worked and to share encoragement. It is up to each individual to choose what they want to implement into their own life.

The only issue that I have is when "modders" post on Abs threads. This is not a "judgement against abbers", but, when people know that they cannot mod and must remain AF, it can be very destructive to read of somone else drinking when they read an ABs thread. I say this knowing that for most alcoholics, even one drink can lead to disaster.
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

af daily Thu 7 Jan

Kate,
          I am AF for January, that is my goal. I understood that was the definition of monthly abstinence, as opposed to Long Term abstinence. Would you or anyone prefer that I not post here?
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

af daily Thu 7 Jan

DG: I remember Determinator saying once that if you handed a big bottle of wine to a normal drinker & said, "Drink this all in one day," the normal drinker would think you were crazy. I drank big bottles of wine in one day all the time. That's not normal. Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

af daily Thu 7 Jan

Sunbeam...of course you are welcome!

I have just observed of late...that some will come to monthly abs and post about..."casual drinking"....and I do think that this is unkind. Not meaning you at all! Sorry if I hurt your feelings.
              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

af daily Thu 7 Jan

Hey all!

Just wanted to check in and say i am fine! Thank you all for being here and so supportive!:thanks:

I appreciate you all,

MA
                :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Working...
                X