af daily sat 9th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af daily sat 9th

Hi all well it's day 9 here for me - I had a temptation to drink yesterday but proud to say I didn't lapse. Today I have done 15 minutes on my rebounder - rather than goign to gym as I'm short on time today - it's meant to be more efficient so you can spend less time on it anway.

Dying hair in a mo, and then packing a bag and deciding what to wear for party tonight, it's not too easy with the snow and freezing temperatures,glamour will have to wait!

Have a good day all, working on my self esteem at the moment, off to do some affirmations while I dye!
    one day at a time

af daily sat 9th

Hi. Well done resisting that temptation bear.
    I have lost a stone since being AF nearly 2 months, so no guilt about making chips for tea as my 12 year old is coming over.
    I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

af daily sat 9th

Good morning bear & Raven,

Good morning everyone! Still below freezing but sunny here today, glad to see the sun

Bear - you can probably relate to this - I am nearly 8 months smoke free & for some inexplicable reason I craved smoking all day yesterday! Nearly drove me crazy.....wanting to have just one. But I know from former quits - I can't have just one!!!

Raven, congrats on the weight loss! For some reason, I never lost a pound when I quit drinking & I ended up gaining 7 pounds when I quit smoking. Frustrating, very frustrating!

Hoping to improve my attitude by taking a trip to Longwood Gardens today. I always feel better after spending a few hours there walking thru the miles of indoor gardens. Longwood Gardens - Home Page

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Saturday!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af daily sat 9th

Morning abbers!!

Day 9, great bear!!! Great job on shunning the beast yesterday; keep it that way at the party, right!

raven.... making chips for tea I'm guessing that's not like potato chips. Whassa chip over there?

Hey lavande! I'm thinking of going somewhere outside even though it's cold. I have warm clothes, so why not? WOW!!! What a place that is!!! I'm really envious!!!

Drinking dream last night. Grrr... In it I realized I was drinking a drink and thought "oh well, I've blown it, I may as well keep drinking" before I came to my senses and poured it out. Sort of disturbing, that waver inbetween. And oddly, the dream kept on going. Usually I wake up over the drink part. Oh well, just a dream.

OK, this is true. My dad calls and wakes me up (you KNOW that's true) and tells me he remembered what he wanted me to take home with me yesterday.....Gladys the One Eyed Bear. Who????? (He calls a stuffed dog that, but I didn't know he had named it). Well it turns out that his wife, when she was little, misunderstood the hymn words in church and sang "Gladys the cross eyed bear" instead of "Gladly the cross I bear." :H:H:H:H

Have lovely sober saturday!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

af daily sat 9th

Hey all,

Working. Nice and toasty in the office though, and I've just been out into the biting wind to buy a big bag of crisps (not to be confused with chips, Greenie, or even fries). First junk I've had in over a week, so not bad!

Lav - gardens look gorgeous. Will they be covered in snow?

Greenie, I had a drinking dream the other night (weird, coz that's the second in a couple of weeks and I hadn't had any for months and months). I was plotting how much wine I "ought" to buy to be enough for the evening but not so much that I had some left the next day because I had something I needed to do the next day and couldn't get sidetracked.
          Can't remember how many bottles I settled on :H

Duty calls. Have a good day all.
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

af daily sat 9th

Marshy, look in the conservatory on the link. Unbelievable indoor gardens!! I can't believe the tickets are so inexpensive! How in the world is that place funded?

Hey, I made this snowman! :H:H
            sigpic

Comment

af daily sat 9th

In uk we call what are called chips in the US crisps. We use the word chips to mean what you guys across the pond call fries!
              I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

af daily sat 9th

Hi All,

Day 6 here and all is well. I'm feeling better and stronger everyday.

I love not drinking.

Off to shovel snow.....still.

Don

Comment

af daily sat 9th

Whassa crisp? cookies? So you're having french fries for tea?
                  sigpic

Comment

af daily sat 9th

Hello friends.

Another busy day chasing around watching kids play basketball. I couldn't have chosen a better time to quit drinking. I can't imagine trying to keep up this lifestyle whilst drinking. Yesterday I had the kind of Friday that would have sent me right to the liquor store as soon as I could. Stressful and rushed, and things didn't go right---plus it was Friday--plus I knew hubby would be drinking......that was how it was before.
                    Now, I went to my son's basketball game and drank 1.5 diet pepsis, a bag of popcorn, nachos and a pickle. Not exactly healthy--but I don't have a hangover today!

Lavande--i am jealous too--that place looks gorgeous! I am so ready for it to warm up a little bit here! Our snow is in piles and brown from all the wind--no way to make a snowman either! Hope we get some "nice" snows yet this winter.

Have a good one all!:h
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

af daily sat 9th

greeneyes;787984 wrote: Whassa crisp?
                      Potato chips. Bacon flavour in my case
                      sigpic
                      AF since December 22nd 2008
                      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

af daily sat 9th

Morning AFreedom Riders -

I love the visuals, gardens, mucking out of igloos, warm cozy offices....Day 6 here too, with 2 days where I took a couple sips of Port. I tracked them as '1', but not really counting them in my AF mind, because they really didn't even register in my " I have to have this meter". It was more like, "Oops, that was a knee-jerk, glad I caught it and stopped". That was always the impossible, so I did 'the impossible' and gonna let that stand. Geez, the mental ranglings we do.....

I do want to encourage a good read here that I am finding helpful in this first week when you need a little more resolve, perhaps. If you haven't read, "Drinking, A Love Story" by Caroline Knapp, I would encourage you to get a copy from your library. It is gut truth, intelligent, and really helps motivate by exposing the subtle forces that drive the drinking behavior and explaining the hidden life chaos that results. It's also 'just a story', so it reads along, not being scientific, or packed with theories to prove, or challenging to read. But it IS 'spot on'. thanks, whoever suggested it.

Enjoy your Afree day!

Hidden

Comment

af daily sat 9th

Happy Saturday abbers! Well sorry to have some sunny news for CA, but it has been absolutely gorgeous here the last couple of days! In the 70's. Gotta love it.

Out for a bike ride today, then house cleaning. I love waking up sober with so much energy. I can't wait to get some long term sobriety to see how great I will feel! I just know it's gonna be something.

Everyone have a wonderous day. Love everyone's snowmen. Brrrrrr.....

R2C
                          Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
                          :h

Comment

af daily sat 9th

Hi Everyone....
                            Well, it is still cold, but the sun is shining and it is beautiful!

Well done to all who are in their first days of sobriety! Bear, great on 9 Days, Chief...Yeah! 5 days...you are finally out of that crappy Day 1 loop!! Keep it going...it just keeps getting better!

I am off to spend the day with my daughter......getting the nursery ready! It will be great fun!

Have a Great Day All!
                            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

af daily sat 9th

Hi all,
                              Lavande, I have visited Longwood gardens, but it was a long time ago. I have a brother living in that area. He is a radio newscaster.

LVT, I saw a crock pot cookbook on display this week, and I thought of you. Simple recipes from frozen and canned ingredients, plus a package of meat. Very simple. Maybe you want to serach for those recipes, they are probably onlinje. I don't use a crock pot any more; our stove works fine on very low heat. I wouldn't leave it all day, but I can can certainly not worry about it when I'm home. Plus my husband is retired now, and does most of the cooking.

Ready2change, I would die to ride my bike right now, but I would just go slip-sliding into a snowdrift!

Chief, congrats to you and everyone resisting the alcohol urge. I am wondering what toolbox strategies people are finding helpful.

If I were to have a drink, it would most likely be on a Saturday. Not today, not this month. It is the single day per week I have more flexible time available, since I work Mon - Fri, and do church on Sunday.

Since Kate brought up the subject a couple of days ago of moderate drinking, I will mention my thoughts: I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, it seems to not be a good choice for most people who come to this web site. It is just an option I choose to keep open for my own reasons. Some people go AF on the first try, some quit a bunch of times, some go ODAT, some just keep cutting back. I'm in that last group. The less I drink, the less I want to drink. I have never had dreams of drinking, don't expect that is going to start now.

Take care, all
                              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                              X